Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
People have to have acceptance offers narrowed to three by April 15th and one by April 30th, I believe.When is trafficking day. Is that May 1 (when everyone who has acceptances narrows/picks)?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
People have to have acceptance offers narrowed to three by April 15th and one by April 30th, I believe.When is trafficking day. Is that May 1 (when everyone who has acceptances narrows/picks)?
Yes, as far as I know. I was sent an email to register for it about a month agoIs second look for accepted students?
😱Hi guys, I’m currently waitlisted. I attended the second look webinar today and asked when the waitlist movement will happen in the chat. They replied that they don’t expect to give out any acceptances until May 2nd, since that’s when applicants narrow their choices down to one medical school acceptance.
Oouuch…. Thanks for asking regardless!Hi guys, I’m currently waitlisted. I attended the second look webinar today and asked when the waitlist movement will happen in the chat. They replied that they don’t expect to give out any acceptances until May 2nd, since that’s when applicants narrow their choices down to one medical school acceptance.
This is painful. Butttt at least this will deter me from neurotically checking my email every 2 hours for the rest of the month! Guess it’s time to start asking for new letters of recommendation in the meantime 🙃Hi guys, I’m currently waitlisted. I attended the second look webinar today and asked when the waitlist movement will happen in the chat. They replied that they don’t expect to give out any acceptances until May 2nd, since that’s when applicants narrow their choices down to one medical school acceptance.
How did you know about the second look webinar? Can anyone attend? Is there another one?Hi guys, I’m currently waitlisted. I attended the second look webinar today and asked when the waitlist movement will happen in the chat. They replied that they don’t expect to give out any acceptances until May 2nd, since that’s when applicants narrow their choices down to one medical school acceptance.
When you visit the admissions website they put up the events they have in the future. Keep in mind that sometimes they put up events only a week prior so it may be helpful to keep checking. As far as I know, there is only one second look event. Here is the link: https://www.med.wayne.edu/admissions/eventsHow did you know about the second look webinar? Can anyone attend? Is there another one?
I have an acceptance to one the original 5 DO schools and I’m gladly matriculating this fall if I don’t get in to any in state med schools I’m waitlisted at. The process is crazy and not worth applying for again if you got in somewhere either way you become a doctor, congrats on the acceptance! Just my opinion tho.any other waitlisted students here got accepted into a D.O school ? and if so are you going with that acceptance or applying next year for an M.D ? Having a tough time making that decision and would love some insight.
check dmsany other waitlisted students here got accepted into a D.O school ? and if so are you going with that acceptance or applying next year for an M.D ? Having a tough time making that decision and would love some insight.
I'm in the same boat as you; 1 DO acceptance and 3 MD waitlists. I'm a reapplicant, so I will gladly take my DO offer if it's my only option, but it's up to you! Do what feels right for you financially and for your well-being.any other waitlisted students here got accepted into a D.O school ? and if so are you going with that acceptance or applying next year for an M.D ? Having a tough time making that decision and would love some insight.
![]()
I've heard that if you press ctrl+w at the same time on your Wayne portal an acceptance letter appears!
n = 1
n = 1 but preliminary trials testing this theory show disappointing results :/![]()
I've heard that if you press ctrl+w at the same time on your Wayne portal an acceptance letter appears!
Got nothing so far. The only information they gave is my estimated cost of attendance.Any news on when finaid will be released?
down bad today are we.....?
I have a count down on my phone until May 2 loldown astronomical today
Today they said no waitlist movement will happen before MayDid anyone confirm that substantial waitlist movement will happen on May 2nd or are we just speculating?
Hey guys—I just sent an email to [email protected] to withdraw my A, but then got a email that said "Thank you for contacting SOM admissions" in the title but then "Thank you for contacting the office of student financial aid" in the body. Just want to make sure I sent my withdraw email to the correct email and not to financial aid, if anyone who has already withdrawn can confirm, I don't want to be holding up a spot due to email confusion
Hey guys—I just sent an email to [email protected] to withdraw my A, but then got a email that said "Thank you for contacting SOM admissions" in the title but then "Thank you for contacting the office of student financial aid" in the body. Just want to make sure I sent my withdraw email to the correct email and not to financial aid, if anyone who has already withdrawn can confirm, I don't want to be holding up a spot due to email confusion
Did anyone confirm that substantial waitlist movement will happen on May 2nd or are we just speculating?
For the folks who turned down their A, is it just because you got into a more prestigious school? Or is there something you didn’t like about Wayne State?
Did they email you about it today or did you just check the portal? I haven’t received anything yetDoes anyone know if Wayne State will give more financial aid? Only got some governer's board scholarship (not much at all) and loans.
Check the portal!Did they email you about it today or did you just check the portal? I haven’t received anything yet
In the same boat here 😕 Saw this on the website "The School of Medicine Scholarship Committee will notify recipients in summer/early fall" regarding the school's private scholarships, but it seems weird that they wouldn't release this info for incoming M1s before the April 30th deadline...Does anyone know if Wayne State will give more financial aid? Only got some governer's board scholarship (not much at all) and loans.
Absolutely nothing wrong with Wayne State! But the school I’ll be matriculating at gave me the most money/ended up being the cheapest out of all my A’s and is also a T10.For the folks who turned down their A, is it just because you got into a more prestigious school? Or is there something you didn’t like about Wayne State?
I think someone earlier said May 2nd and beyond is when their could be potential movementHas anyone else on the WL had any updates or insights? Or are we just waiting for May? 😢
You’re allowed to hold onto one acceptance (PTE should usually be indicated but seems this is school specific) and all your waitlists.If Wayne probably isn't going to give out Acceptances until May 2nd and beyond, how does it work with only being able to have 1 Acceptance after April 30th?
+1🤣any oct15 waitlisters here? lol
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.