-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Wayne State
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes which is why I would hope they release decisions soonDon't classes start here in 8 weeks?
Last year at this time 675 acceptances had been given out. So I'm holding out hope that there's still waitlist movement to be had.
Also found this information snooping around last year's thread:
Wayne's first day of WL movement in the last four years has been like this:
2019-2020: May 3rd
2018-2019: May 7th
2017-2018: May 1st
2016-2017: May 5th
Also found this information snooping around last year's thread:
Wayne's first day of WL movement in the last four years has been like this:
2019-2020: May 3rd
2018-2019: May 7th
2017-2018: May 1st
2016-2017: May 5th
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
An angel sent from aboveJust called the admissions office, and they said they just started reviewing the WL applicants a couple days ago, but should we should hear back soon (lol)
Also I hope everyone has someone to talk to! The uncertainty is so stressful and a lot of us will not get the result we want in the end. All this pressure is pretty suffocating, but it might be helpful to talk it out with someone if you are feeling really hopeless. I volunteer with hotline and my dm is open if anyone needs an ear!
mccartneys
Full Member
Has anyone heard back about merit/endowed scholarships?
coffeeandmotivation
Full Member
not me getting physically sick this week bc of the stress and anxiety this WL is causing me :/
medical_monkeys
Full Member
not me getting physically sick this week bc of the stress and anxiety this WL is causing me :/
Everything will be okay!
Let’s all remember that we are more than our accomplishments [emoji120]
Congratulations!! Just now?Just got the A off the WL, will be declining but wanted to let you guys know movement is still going. Good luck to you all!
coffeeandmotivation
Full Member
I have to agree with this one, it would save those of us on only one WL a lot of anxiety if the As were going to people who would accept rather than us waiting around for more days. I know nobody owes us anything, but this process is ruthless and adcoms obviously don't care about us, so it would just be nice if we could all at least support each other in any way possible.Ok, I don’t understand you guys who just got the A off the waitlist and are immediately declining. Why didn’t you just contact them beforehand and ask them to remove you from the waitlist??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the people that just got their A’s, could you share the time you got the email? Curious to know if they send them out all at once or individually.
warriorpremed12
Full Member
im happy the manifesting last night brought on some movement tonight to other waitlisters! congrats to everyone! come on wayne manifesting a big WL movement tomorrow pls
Ok, I don’t understand you guys who just got the A off the waitlist and are immediately declining. Why didn’t you just contact them beforehand and ask them to remove you from the waitlist??
Can't speak for others but I'm waiting to see what financial aid looks like before I make a final decision, though I know grants after coming off the waitlist are unlikely which is why I said I'll likely decline.
Congratulations!! Just now?
Got the email at 6:28 PM PST!For the people that just got their A’s, could you share the time you got the email? Curious to know if they send them out all at once or individually.
I remember reading that some schools would include scholarship offers for those who got off WL, so wanted to take that into consideration!Ok, I don’t understand you guys who just got the A off the waitlist and are immediately declining. Why didn’t you just contact them beforehand and ask them to remove you from the waitlist??
Amazing!Just accepted off my one and only MD WL at 7:30 PST!!!!
futureheartdoc1
Full Member
Is the tracker up to date? It seems like plenty of people got A’s but the tracker only went up by 15 a few days ago.
I really don’t think so. It also updated one or two for interviews offered but I know somebody was interviewed all the way back in early April and it didn’t get updated back then. I feel like since they’re rolling out acceptances on a daily basis this week, they just haven’t been updating. Also don’t know if I believe the idea of it updating proactively rather than retroactively.Is the tracker up to date? It seems like plenty of people got A’s but the tracker only went up by 15 a few days ago.
It most likely isn't. The first thing I did when I got the email was check the tracker and it hasn't budged since monday.Is the tracker up to date? It seems like plenty of people got A’s but the tracker only went up by 15 a few days ago.
What were your stats?Just accepted off my one and only MD WL at 7:30 PST!!!!
Withdrew earlier, but got off the waitlist today. Hoping one of you get my spot!
You were accepted earlier today?Withdrew earlier, but got off the waitlist today. Hoping one of you get my spot!
D
deleted1022805
Any IS A off of WL?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We need some IS love! Cmon Wayne!Any IS A off of WL?
Its the way that I convince myself every day that today is the day I'm coming off the waitlist, only to be horribly disappointed every time.
To get our minds off of the waitlist, what are some things you guys are looking forward to doing if accepted to Wayne?
def the student-run clinics. I grew up near Detroit and would always volunteer there and I'd love to go there again. Also pizza papilis had the best deep dish pizza in MI but I heard they closed because of the pandemic 🙁To get our minds off of the waitlist, what are some things you guys are looking forward to doing if accepted to Wayne?
franknbeanz
Full Member
What is the area surrounding the wayne medical facilities/campus(?) like. I'm from a city myself so Im used to urban sprawl. is there fun stuff to do or nawdef the student-run clinics. I grew up near Detroit and would always volunteer there and I'd love to go there again. Also pizza papilis had the best deep dish pizza in MI but I heard they closed because of the pandemic 🙁
It’s in midtown which is a much more updated part of detroit (very gentrified if I may add). It’s not too far from any of the concert halls or sports stadiums. Almost all the hospitals are in the same area. Tons of new restaurants and bars. Just east of midtown is Eastern Market which hosts a farmers market every weekend. Definitely a good part of town to be in. Actual downtown is probably only a 10 mins drive max.What is the area surrounding the wayne medical facilities/campus(?) like. I'm from a city myself so Im used to urban sprawl. is there fun stuff to do or naw
Downtown Detroit is really nice there are a lot of museums like the DIA (Detroit Institue of Arts) and there is Campus Mauritius Park and Greektown.What is the area surrounding the wayne medical facilities/campus(?) like. I'm from a city myself so Im used to urban sprawl. is there fun stuff to do or naw
Living in Midtown!!! There is so much to do. 😍 Also I would really like to volunteer in the student run clinics, I am really interested in urban medicine.To get our minds off of the waitlist, what are some things you guys are looking forward to doing if accepted to Wayne?
Detroit sounds amazing! I’m from Florida so I don’t know much about the area but it sounds awesome
coffeeandmotivation
Full Member
Detroit sounds so funn, im definitely looking forward to attending the lions/bills football game in the fall ... im a huge bills fan and would love to see one of their games! Also i heard the beach is super nice, and ofc the food in Detroit and Dearborn!!!!
coffeeandmotivation
Full Member
same here! their focus on urban medicine is smth that drew me to the school for sureLiving in Midtown!!! There is so much to do. 😍 Also I would really like to volunteer in the student run clinics, I am really interested in urban medicine.
Just to knock out most of the questions GPA 3.8x, 514, CA ORM reapp with 4xxx clinical hours, 2xxx research hours, 5xx volunteering, shoe size 9. Interviewed in September, WL 10/15 sent a letter of interest January and intent in March. I think that covers most of the things people would ask but yea.What were your stats?
loohcs dem
New Member
Wide-soled or regular shoes?Just to knock out most of the questions GPA 3.8x, 514, CA ORM reapp with 4xxx clinical hours, 2xxx research hours, 5xx volunteering, shoe size 9. Interviewed in September, WL 10/15 sent a letter of interest January and intent in March. I think that covers most of the things people would ask but yea.
Height?? Wingspan?Just to knock out most of the questions GPA 3.8x, 514, CA ORM reapp with 4xxx clinical hours, 2xxx research hours, 5xx volunteering, shoe size 9. Interviewed in September, WL 10/15 sent a letter of interest January and intent in March. I think that covers most of the things people would ask but yea.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was asking for your call of duty stats 🫠Just to knock out most of the questions GPA 3.8x, 514, CA ORM reapp with 4xxx clinical hours, 2xxx research hours, 5xx volunteering, shoe size 9. Interviewed in September, WL 10/15 sent a letter of interest January and intent in March. I think that covers most of the things people would ask but yea.
coffeeandmotivation
Full Member
birthday? SSN?Just to knock out most of the questions GPA 3.8x, 514, CA ORM reapp with 4xxx clinical hours, 2xxx research hours, 5xx volunteering, shoe size 9. Interviewed in September, WL 10/15 sent a letter of interest January and intent in March. I think that covers most of the things people would ask but yea.
what is the name of your father's college roommates brother's wife's sister's boyfriend's pet?birthday? SSN?
coffeeandmotivation
Full Member
you respond so fast it makes me feel like im not alone in checking this forum every five minutes LOLwhat is the name of your father's college roommates brother's wife's sister's boyfriend's pet?
I'm down badyou respond so fast it makes me feel like im not alone in checking this forum every five minutes LOL