2021-2022 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have my email open on my laptop and everytime a little (1) pops up I immediately have heart palpitations
me too and everytime its spirit airlines

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
for me its the princeton review STILL sending me deals for the MCAT study course like bruh I HAVE MOVED ON
But did you know that the the MCAT is hard and the MCAT is important and to do well it matters HOW you prep and not just how much you prep?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
unlike i affirmed myself this morning when i got up, i did not infact get off of the waitlist

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
For anyone w/ a recent acceptance from the waitlist, how long did they give you to respond

Members don't see this ad :)
Wayne reminds of
we are going to get in today my friends! 💪
B25B8E60-94B1-43EC-ADE2-E8465A29AB24.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Last year at this time 675 acceptances had been given out. So I'm holding out hope that there's still waitlist movement to be had.

Also found this information snooping around last year's thread:

Wayne's first day of WL movement in the last four years has been like this:
2019-2020: May 3rd
2018-2019: May 7th
2017-2018: May 1st
2016-2017: May 5th
You mind letting me know where you got the 675 number from? Trying to figure out how many A’s will be sent out.

You mind letting me know where you got the 675 number from? Trying to figure out how many A’s will be sent out.
I saw this in last year's thread, this was the last update of the tracker that I saw. I saw a few more A's mentioned in the thread after that, but not much.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 11.19.45 AM 2.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 11.19.45 AM 2.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 140
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
I saw this in last year's thread, this was the last update of the tracker that I saw. I saw a few more A's mentioned in the thread after that, but not much.

Thank you! It would appear Wayne is either behind schedule or more cautious this year and more thoroughly using the WL. Every day is pain but we got this 😢🥲

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! It would appear Wayne is either behind schedule or more cautious this year and more thoroughly using the WL. Every day is pain but we got this 😢🥲
It's been quite the ride. Praying it works out in our favor

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
So there's still 151 As to give out..... damn

• Care
Tracker shot up to 571 admission offers today… is that updated or all the A’s they sent throughout this last week? I feel like it’s quiet in here today for such a significant jump…

• Wow
Tracker shot up to 571 admission offers today… is that updated or all the A’s they sent throughout this last week? I feel like it’s quiet in here today for such a significant jump…
I would guess it’s reflecting the changes from this week. There were too many acceptances in this forum for them to all be a part of the 15 that were given out earlier this week.

might be a combination of ones sent this week and one’s going to be sent next week

For anyone w/ a recent acceptance from the waitlist, how long did they give you to respond
According to the letter it was 5 business days to respond. Starting June 1st it would be 2 business days to respond.

Could we potentially expect to see some movement tonight? Past threads seemed to believe the tracker often operated prematurely.

Could we potentially expect to see some movement tonight? Past threads seemed to believe the tracker often operated prematurely.
I would like to hope so. Since Monday, we've seen around 5 SDN members get As, so assuming between 10 - 25% of applicants are on SDN, we could have had anywhere from 20 - 50 As, but the tracker went up by 62 so maybe they have more openings? Honeslty im just making stuff up at this point to make myself feel better though so idek if this makes sense

• Care
I would like to hope so. Since Monday, we've seen around 5 SDN members get As, so assuming between 10 - 25% of applicants are on SDN, we could have had anywhere from 20 - 50 As, but the tracker went up by 62 so maybe they have more openings? Honeslty im just making stuff up at this point to make myself feel better though so idek if this makes sense
Extrapolating from imaginary data 🤣
Though I hope you're right with the more openings

• Haha
Those who are getting As from the WL, can you please share your stats?

According to the letter it was 5 business days to respond. Starting June 1st it would be 2 business days to respond.
@hkayten Congratulations!! did they give you your financial aid package immediately?

Also does anyone know if Wayne state is still partnered with DMC or Henry Ford? What's been going on with all of that?

@hkayten Congratulations!! did they give you your financial aid package immediately?

Also does anyone know if Wayne state is still partnered with DMC or Henry Ford? What's been going on with all of that?
That is a great question and my response to that is thank you for reminding me that I need to submit my FAFSA.

I was also told by a faculty member awhile back that Henry Ford is starting to partner more with Michigan state so we would be relying more on DMC in the future.

Reactions: 2 users

I was also told by a faculty member awhile back that Henry Ford is starting to partner more with Michigan state so we would be relying more on DMC in the future.
Pretty much the case...lost seats at HFH that were replaced by DMC.

To get our minds off of the waitlist, what are some things you guys are looking forward to doing if accepted to Wayne?
This school was my alma mater and there is such a sense of community and belonging like it’s so comforting and diverse i really hope I get off this waitlist! But to anyone coming from OOS you will love it here! I also love it’s emphasis on giving back to the detroit community and hope to continue with that during med school! Manifesting WL love tonight

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hi all, I have a question about the immunization requirements for matriculation.

Does anyone know if the Hep B requirement is referring to the pediatric or adult series? I completed my pediatric series, but I started my adult series on 4/21/22. This means I won't be able to get my third dose until 6 months later. I had to start it late because I didn't have health insurance for the past few months, so this has been stressful to navigate. Tbh I'm nervous not having this third dose by July 5th would prevent me from enrolling in classes, even though I'm doing everything I can to complete the requirements.

Does anyone have any insight on this? Is anyone in a similar situation where one if their immunizations can only be completed after the first day of classes?

Thanks!

Hi all, I have a question about the immunization requirements for matriculation.

Does anyone know if the Hep B requirement is referring to the pediatric or adult series? I completed my pediatric series, but I started my adult series on 4/21/22. This means I won't be able to get my third dose until 6 months later. I had to start it late because I didn't have health insurance for the past few months, so this has been stressful to navigate. Tbh I'm nervous not having this third dose by July 5th would prevent me from enrolling in classes, even though I'm doing everything I can to complete the requirements.

Does anyone have any insight on this? Is anyone in a similar situation where one if their immunizations can only be completed after the first day of classes?

Thanks!

dont worry. just give them what you have. im a RN who did not complete 3rd dose but still had positive titers. they will let you know what they want. theyre NOT not going to let you into med school for an incomplete hep b vaccine

dont worry. just give them what you have. im a RN who did not complete 3rd dose but still had positive titers. they will let you know what they want. theyre NOT not going to let you into med school for an incomplete hep b vaccine
i eventually completed the series. but in the beginning i did not. this was back in 2009. moral is to eventually complete all required vaccines but not to worry.

I appreciate that! Thanks for the advice. Honestly I've been so stressed about it so just knowing that helps. I've been trying to get in contact with their health records office, so once I do, I'm sure it will be fine too.

Hope you’ve all had a good mothers day! Tomorrow might be the beginning of some more waitlist movement 🤞

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
thinking of bringing attention to my app by renaming my update letter and pressing save. Grasping at straws at this point haha :lol::rofl::cryi:😭

• Haha
last friday was not the day. Today is THE day my friends!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Hi Combray 7974, I am not sure what you do you mean by saying "Today is THE day..."? Were you just using humor, or there is
some truth behind it. Please clarify because we all are anxiously waiting to get off the WL, and get an "A".

Hi Combray 7974, I am not sure what you do you mean by saying "Today is THE day..."? Were you just using humor, or there is
some truth behind it. Please clarify because we all are anxiously waiting to get off the WL, and get an "A".
Im sorry. 🙏 I dont have any insight on actual adm decisions. I was trying to manifest and be optimistic.

• Care
Got the A this morning! 10:41 AM, 3.65 cGPA, 3x MCAT taker (507/508/518), applied in october, interviewed in Feb, waitlisted in mid march!

• Love
Reactions: 26 users