2021-2022 Wayne State

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just a note, an app goes through 8-12 reviewers based on what we were told last cycle in the pre-interview session.
I suppose that's possible, but I was complete on a Sunday and received my rejection email on Wednesday, so it seemed a little fast given that timetable.
 
Hey guys! For those who have interviewed, when can we expect to receive the link for the pre-interview welcome session? My interview is tomorrow and I still haven't received the link.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just asking this again, do y'all know if the MD/MPH have separate admissions? Like, is your candidacy for the MD program separate from the MPH program? Or you're compared only to other applicants in the MD/MPH program?
 
Just asking this again, do y'all know if the MD/MPH have separate admissions? Like, is your candidacy for the MD program separate from the MPH program? Or you're compared only to other applicants in the MD/MPH program?
I don't know specifically for Wayne, but generally, they are independent admission processes.
 
It’s almost October 15 🙈🙈 who’s excited?!
Excited…..and nervous af. I feel like I vibed really well with my interviewers but at the end of the day we have 0 idea what goes on behind the scenes. So when Friday rolls around I’m expecting the worst but hoping for the best. I’ve been trying to send positive thoughts out all week!

Edit: I’m expecting to hear back from another school that day as well so the anxiety is 2x😬
 
Excited…..and nervous af. I feel like I vibed really well with my interviewers but at the end of the day we have 0 idea what goes on behind the scenes. So when Friday rolls around I’m expecting the worst but hoping for the best. I’ve been trying to send positive thoughts out all week!

Edit: I’m expecting to hear back from another school that day as well so the anxiety is 2x😬
Lowkey I feel like we might hear tomorrow LOL
 
Anyone else submit their secondary here late? I had some crazy life **** happen and couldn't get around to submitting until late September
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else submit their secondary here late? I had some crazy life **** happen and couldn't get around to submitting until late September
I submitted Mid-October last year and still received an II for January. Obviously things didn’t go the way I hoped (interviewed again this cycle) but it’s certainly possible!
 
Anyone care to share any insights on how their interview went?? I haven’t had any mmi interviews yet so I’m very nervous
 
Anyone care to share any insights on how their interview went?? I haven’t had any mmi interviews yet so I’m very nervous
Super chill. I had another MMI prior to Wayne and Wayne’s MMI felt a lot more generic. Both my faculty and student interviews exceeded my expectations though. Very friendly, welcoming and they obviously have a list of questions they have to ask but I felt like they were genuinely interested in learning more about my experiences beyond just ticking the interview boxes. I felt very minimal stress during the whole interview which says a lot as someone with profound social anxiety haha. You will do just fine.
 
Is it too late to apply for MD schools? I concentrated all my energy on DO schools thinking that there might not be a chance, for reference I'm a Canadian student.
 
Is it too late to apply for MD schools? I concentrated all my energy on DO schools thinking that there might not be a chance, for reference I'm a Canadian student.
To submit a primary? Honestly it may be verging on way too late. It’s considered late to submit secondaries much less a primary that has to be verified then wait for a secondary to be turned in. As it’s been said here before there are thousands of applicants in the queue ahead of you to be evaluated for iis and the first acceptances are already being given out in the coming weeks.
 
Lowkey I feel like we might hear tomorrow LOL
Is there anything in particular that makes you say this? Now I’m nervous!!!
Unless you guys are ED, the earliest med schools can give acceptances is October 15th

In other news, I got the "October Events at Wayne State University School of Medicine" email today, complete with the lack of an II or any sort of application update still :^)
 
Based on last year's thread, people who interviewed just days before October 15th received the A. Is there a chance that those of who interviewed recently hear back tomorrow too?? 🤔
 
Scared Still Waiting GIF by Looney Tunes
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad