You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Wayne State
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Viserion
New Member
wait, they explicitly said that most people who hear back will get waitlisted?
They said the majority of decisions would be alternate status that can be pulled from the list into an acceptance at any time throughout the cycle. But this comment was right at the end and was very brief so I'm unsure how serious it is. Like the statement wasn't on a powerpoint or anything formal as such.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The 10/15 date is pretty much just a suggestion by the AAMC but it is a suggestion most medical schools follow religiously. Some schools release decisions earlier (NYU Grossman for example)I interviewed here early September and they didn't tell us we'd here back on 10/1. Does that mean if we do, it's a waitlist? I thought MD decisions after an interview were given on 10/15 or later.
cofactorcoenzyme
Full Member
I just spent a few minutes looking through Wayne threads from the past 2-3 years, and RD decisions usually came out October 15th-16th. I have a feeling we're not hearing back tomorrow, but what do I know?
I think in general most MD schools are only accepting early decision people as of right now. For RD people want to interview as much as possible before making final decisions. That's just what I think but don't take it to heart.
keeppushing99
Full Member
II OOS like 2 seconds ago!! complete 8/31
First II of the season, hella excited!!! OOS, complete 8/27, MCAT 511, GPA 3.98
Does anyone know if they call for acceptances or if it's just a portal/email update?
From my understanding, you will receive an e-mail. You will then have to accept the offer on the portal. So both! 🙂Does anyone know if they call for acceptances or if it's just a portal/email update?
cofactorcoenzyme
Full Member
virtual!Are interviews in person or virtual?
serotonin1
Full Member
Yeah I think I'm just gonna hope for NO email from Wayne today hahaI just spent a few minutes looking through Wayne threads from the past 2-3 years, and RD decisions usually came out October 15th-16th. I have a feeling we're not hearing back tomorrow, but what do I know?
If I am to believe what people are saying on page 6, I believe soHas Wayne sent out any rejections yet. Was complete in early august. Since they’ve sent out early august complete dates Interview invites already, can I consider this an R. I am a Canadian if that makes a difference.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PrestigiousCelery11
Full Member
I interviewed here last cycle and got waitlisted. Complete early July and still silence 🙂
I got a letter in the mail from Wayne. I submitted mid august and been silence since. Kinda nervous to see the letter. I just see it in my informed delivery
PrestigiousCelery11
Full Member
I had no idea med schools still use mailing services for any sort of correspondenceI got a letter in the mail from Wayne. I submitted mid august and been silence since. Kinda nervous to see the letter. I just see it in my informed delivery
MikeStenson123
New Member
EDP and RD come out today right? That's what they said during my interview day
I interviewed for RD on 8/9 and they said decisions will come out today.EDP and RD come out today right? That's what they said during my interview day
I was also RD and I also remember hearing after my interview they’d let us know today? Which is strange because the website says middle of October.I interviewed for RD on 8/9 and they said decisions will come out today.
Last edited:
FLDCpremed
Full Member
I interviewed 8/6 RD and they did mention decisions coming out today. Not sure if timeline has changed though or if it's only for the early August interviews and EDP
I had resigned myself to Oct 15 and if we hear today I will ✨LOSE MY MIND✨
They did the same during my 9/10 interviewI interviewed 8/6 RD and they did mention decisions coming out today. Not sure if timeline has changed though or if it's only for the early August interviews and EDP
Does anyone know if Wayne has team based learning?
Same ha ha ha love this for us 😀I interviewed here last cycle and got waitlisted. Complete early July and still silence 🙂
I’m wondering if it’s a rejection tbhI had no idea med schools still use mailing services for any sort of correspondence
it's 2 PM already, so I don't think they'll be emailing or calling people for acceptances at this point. I guess we'll have to wait 2 more weeks lol
serotonin1
Full Member
Can’t wait to pocket my anxiety for another 14 days 🤩it's 2 PM already, so I don't think they'll be emailing or calling people for acceptances at this point. I guess we'll have to wait 2 more weeks lol
MikeStenson123
New Member
Based on last years threads, it seems people got the decisions late after noon (~4 p.m. ish?)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You just ignited my anxiety back up when I had finally tamed itBased on last years threads, it seems people got the decisions late after noon (~4 p.m. ish?)
I guess October 15th it is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So the letter I got in the mail was a postcard from Wayne medical school persuading me to apply...
They have an interview tracker on their website. It may be worth checking out to see how far in the process tbey areHowdy yall, I just decided to add Wayne State to my school list (because I'm a dumbo haha)
I'm guessing based don't he thread, they've already sent out a lot of IIs and it's kinda not worth it?
MCAT: 514, GPA: 3.6X, OOS, URM
Last edited:
I’m p sure it’s 2 Fridays from now (Oct 15) according to their website, but there’s been a ton of speculation in this thread so who knows.A lot of us might hear back Friday. Good luck.
![]()
What I DO know is I’m probably gonna block SDN and reddit starting Oct 15 until I hear back from Wayne and another school 😭 Yall out here wilding and playing with my feelings lmao
M2 here. We don’t. However, Wayne is constantly changing its curriculum, so ymmvDoes anyone know if Wayne has team based learning?
Team based learning as in like working with pharmacy or nursing students? Not really. Otherwise, we work within groups of ranging from 3-6 medical students for histo/anatomy labs weekly and biochemistry/pharmacology/physiology Case and Problem-Based learning occasionally.
M2 here. We don’t. However, Wayne is constantly changing its curriculum, so ymmv
Gotcha, thank you both! I accidentally said team-based learning was something I looked forward to in the curriculum, so hopefully, that won't be too big of a red flag since there are some group activities.
d e l a y e d
g r a t i f i c a t i o n
g r a t i f i c a t i o n
localsomething
New Member
Hey everyone. Had my interview earlier today but I just realized that after completing all of the parts, I forgot to log back in to the group zoom call that we started the day out with. Was there important info in this call/do you think I’ll be penalized for not returning?
Obviously it’s too late now but I thought I’d ask what happens in that final meeting. Thanks!!
Obviously it’s too late now but I thought I’d ask what happens in that final meeting. Thanks!!
It was just a social with other interviewees but your presence may certainly have been missed. Maybe just e-mail them explaining what happened? Also, the day ended with general info about the school and when to expect to hear backHey everyone. Had my interview earlier today but I just realized that after completing all of the parts, I forgot to log back in to the group zoom call that we started the day out with. Was there important info in this call/do you think I’ll be penalized for not returning?
Obviously it’s too late now but I thought I’d ask what happens in that final meeting. Thanks!!
Me!Anyone with less than a 510 MCAT interview here? Have a 509 and 4.0. Think the MCAT is holding me back. Was complete mid august.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lol me I have way below thatAnyone with less than a 510 MCAT interview here? Have a 509 and 4.0. Think the MCAT is holding me back. Was complete mid august.
IS or OOS?Lol me I have way below that
I definitely think re-taking the MCAT would make a HUGE difference for you. Really hope you get something this cycle though! 🙂Anyone with less than a 510 MCAT interview here? Have a 509 and 4.0. Think the MCAT is holding me back. Was complete mid august.
IsIS or OOS?
You can take a look at the tracker spreadsheet and see what other MCAT/GPAs are getting IIs for Wayne and other schools.Anyone with less than a 510 MCAT interview here? Have a 509 and 4.0. Think the MCAT is holding me back. Was complete mid august.