2021-2022 Weill Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else still not get the waitlist confirmation email?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So stress to find out may-July when by that point I’d already have friends, second look day, and apartment plans for my second choice

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if WCM is going to move to P/F for clinical years? Also, how often do students remediate a failing grade/class (and if it's recorded on a student's academic record?)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So stress to find out may-July when by that point I’d already have friends, second look day, and apartment plans for my second choice
Yeah basically. Im semi-committing to my 2nd choice for now lol but for some people who have no As its even worse bc they have to reapply in May for the upcoming cycle

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if WCM is going to move to P/F for clinical years? Also, how often do students remediate a failing grade/class (and if it's recorded on a student's academic record?)
I kept in touch with my interviewer even though i got waitlisted and i asked him yesterday if there will be any curriculum / grading changes for the next few years. He said he’s not aware of any such changes

anyone know if Weill Cornell does AOA or any sort of ranking?

anyone know if Weill Cornell does AOA or any sort of ranking?
Seems like they kept AOA and rankings (determined from clerkship years where grading is still Honors/HP/P/F). But in a previous year thread someone mentioned that student council was trying to make the push to rid the AOA... Hoping some current students can give us the update!

Reactions: 2 users
Seems like they kept AOA and rankings (determined from clerkship years where grading is still Honors/HP/P/F). But in a previous year thread someone mentioned that student council was trying to make the push to rid the AOA... Hoping some current students can give us the update!
during my interview day the students said something about moving to get rid of AOA but my interviewer said not to put much stock in what the students said lol

Just for reference for those on the WL. There are around 175 students (not including M1s) in the groupme. I am not sure what the matriculation rate is or anything, but felt like some people may want to know.

Just for reference for those on the WL. There are around 175 students (not including M1s) in the groupme. I am not sure what the matriculation rate is or anything, but felt like some people may want to know.
sounds bleak tbh

• Care
:cryi:

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
during my interview day the students said something about moving to get rid of AOA but my interviewer said not to put much stock in what the students said lol
This is true...us students are trying to appeal to get rid of AOA but until that officially happens it's safest to assume that there will be AOA by the time y'all get to M3. Preclinical is a pretty true pass fail (no quartile rankings or anything like that) and AOA is based on clinical grades

I do have to say the M4s this year had a slightly different AOA criteria due to covid (not sure if this is a one-time thing or what)

Back to the WL/Post-ii R comments, does it still seem like most people got WL'd other than the one reported post-ii R on here? If so, kinda seems like those of us on the WL have a lot of company on it 😂

Reactions: 6 users
One of my interviewers just emailed me congratulations and is planning to call me, I already feel so welcome here :,)

• Love
One of my interviewers just emailed me congratulations and is planning to call me, I already feel so welcome here :,)
Same! My student interviewer did the same :)

This might be a stupid question but should LOIs be addressed to the associate dean? I only ask because my waitlist email had his signature.

This might be a stupid question but should LOIs be addressed to the associate dean? I only ask because my waitlist email had his signature.
I would just address to the admissions committe

Just for reference, Cornell does not have the ability to match merit scholarships from other institutions (even if at similar or higher caliber schools). They only offer need-based aid and federal student loan aid to students who are eligible. This probably won't effect many people's decisions, but thought it was worth letting others know.

Just for reference, Cornell does not have the ability to match merit scholarships from other institutions (even if at similar or higher caliber schools). They only offer need-based aid and federal student loan aid to students who are eligible. This probably won't effect many people's decisions, but thought it was worth letting others

I would just address to the admissions committe
What email would you send a LOI to? Just the generic [email protected] email?

This is true (us students are trying to get rid of the AOA). HOWEVER, this has been ongoing for a while, and there is no indication as to whether administration will actually get rid of AOA. For all practical purposes, assume that there will be AOA and clinicals will be graded by the time you get to M3/4

tomorrow at earliest perhaps since today is the deadline, and this is assuming the committees have started looking seriously already (I'm sure a lot of aceptees have dropped already, but majority haven't probably cuz it is cornell)

When should we be expecting WL movement?
Based on last year there will be a general email probably late this week/early next week basically saying that if you no longer are interested to drop the WL and if you are still interested no action is required. It seemed movement started happening the same day or soon after that email went out

Just got this email from Weill:

“Dear Applicant,

Peepeepoopoo.

Sincerely,
WCMC”

Thoughts??? What does it mean?

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone here send any LOInterest with no substantive updates? Got a new related job that I could update on, but otherwise would just serve as an interest letter. Just wondering if y'all thought it would help / hurt at all since their email from way back in the day said "occasional, substantive application updates" are welcomed

Anyone here send any LOInterest with no substantive updates? Got a new related job that I could update on, but otherwise would just serve as an interest letter. Just wondering if y'all thought it would help / hurt at all since their email from way back in the day said "occasional, substantive application updates" are welcomed
I withdrew my acceptance here a few days ago, but before the decisions came out in March, I did send them a letter of interest with a few updates (nothing too substantial).

I think an LOInterest will def not hurt you at this point in the application cycle....good luck!!!!

Yeah, I sent a LOInterest a few weeks ago without any major updates. Basically I figured it couldn’t hurt… we’ll see lol

Anyone heard back?
Nope. It’s been a weird cycle. Northwestern overfilled their class, and Case Western has had trouble with people not following traffic rules. Who knows if any of that is affecting Cornell. Maybe it would be worth giving a call?

Reactions: 5 users
Just got accepted off the WL via email. Sent an update and LOInterest late May

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Congrats! Did you send in any LOI or updates?
just a letter of continued interest back right when i got waitlisted. found out recently my other option is cheaper so will most likely be declining spot today!

Reactions: 7 users
Any of y'all planning to attend Cornell and have a pet? This housing/pets issue is honestly the biggest thing keeping me from PTEing here lol :(

Last edited:
  • Care