Quantcast

2021-2022 Weill Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
5+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    2021-2022 Weill Cornell Secondary Essay Prompts:

1. Please write a brief statement giving your reasons for applying to Weill Cornell Medical College. (1525 characters)
    2. Please describe a challenge you faced and how you addressed it. (1525 characters)
    3. If applicable, please tell us about any special circumstances related to COVID-19 that could help us understand you better. (1525 characters)
    4. If you are not attending college during the upcoming (2021-2022) academic year, what are your plans? (Optional) (1525)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Last edited:

rainbowpremed

Reaction score
    For everyone considering applying, here's last cycle's secondary questions:
    • Please write a brief statement giving your reasons for applying to Weill Cornell Medical College. (1525 characters)
    • Please describe a challenge you faced and how you addressed it. (1525 characters)
    • If applicable, please tell us about any special circumstances related to COVID-19 that could help us understand you better. (1525 characters)
    • If you are not attending college during the upcoming (2020-2021) academic year, what are your plans? (1525 characters)

Reactions: 2 users

milo1130

Reaction score
    Has anyone received secondaries yet? My application was verified 6/28 and I a wondering if/when I would receive a secondary...

Gigijay

2+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    Has anyone received secondaries yet? My application was verified 6/28 and I a wondering if/when I would receive a secondary...

No. In 2019 (which is more like this cycle than last year) the first post on SDN of secondary received was 7/9. Also the MSAR says review begins 8/1. That is much later than most schools, so I’m not surprised we haven’t heard from them yet.

Reactions: 3 users

iHawk_MD

7+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    For everyone considering applying, here's last cycle's secondary questions:
    • Please write a brief statement giving your reasons for applying to Weill Cornell Medical College. (1525 characters)
    • Please describe a challenge you faced and how you addressed it. (1525 characters)
    • If applicable, please tell us about any special circumstances related to COVID-19 that could help us understand you better. (1525 characters)
    • If you are not attending college during the upcoming (2020-2021) academic year, what are your plans? (1525 characters)
    Secondary hasn't changed, still these questions

Reactions: 7 users

pre-doo-med

2+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    Anyone else still not get a secondary?

Reactions: 19 users

star-lily

7+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    Cornell, where you at. I'm actually ready for you.

• Haha

nidgehog

Reaction score
    +2, got the email but confused which link will take me to the secondary? anyone have any ideas?
    Got the same email. I am expecting that they send another email soon with the link.

Reactions: 1 user

serotonin1

Reaction score
    Anyone get a completion or submission confirmation? Looks like it all checks out, I just love it when they tell me ~you're fine~

TheGranolaKing

2+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    anyone OOS not receive the secondary yet either?

star-lily

7+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    Verified 6/21 but still don't have the secondary :////

Last edited:

Beatles08

Reaction score
    Anyone get a completion or submission confirmation? Looks like it all checks out, I just love it when they tell me ~you're fine~
    If you go to the original secondary page, it says "finished," and they also say that processing takes up to two business days. As long as you submitted your secondary and it says finished, you're fine!

serotonin1

Reaction score
    If you go to the original secondary page, it says "finished," and they also say that processing takes up to two business days. As long as you submitted your secondary and it says finished, you're fine!
    Caught that later, thanks for the reply!

CuCl2

2+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    OOS, just received invite and link to app at 3 PM. (Verified 6/19)

serotonin1

Reaction score
    Got the complete email just now! Submitted yesterday

Reactions: 1 users

star-lily

7+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    For the coursework, did you guys type it exactly how it appears in AMCAS? (For instance, all of my course names are in capital letters and may sometimes have abbreviations.)

hungrybuggy

Reaction score
    Are y'all taking the COVID question as purely if it had any negative impact on your application? Since the wording is about "special circumstances" and "helping us get to know you better" I feel like it is a gentle way of being like 'tell us if there is something off about your app specifically because of COVID' but don't know if I am reading it wrong lol

KnightDoc

2+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    For the coursework, did you guys type it exactly how it appears in AMCAS? (For instance, all of my course names are in capital letters and may sometimes have abbreviations.)
    I doubt all caps matters but, yeah, why mess around? Just give it to them as it appears in AMCAS so it is easy for them to cross reference if they want to.

star-lily

7+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    I doubt all caps matters but, yeah, why mess around? Just give it to them as it appears in AMCAS so it is easy for them to cross reference if they want to.
    I chose to do that!

Lorien

2+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    For the writing intensive courses, they say that they want at least one of the courses to have been in English literature... I'm took several writing intensive history courses, but none in the English department. Am I just boxed out from being considered, or could I explain my situation?

sekmed123

Reaction score
    If I am going to be a part-time student in the fall and I will graduate in December, should I not complete question 4? I have other plans I want to inform the committee of but it seems they do not want people who will be students this year to fill it out.

KnightDoc

2+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    For the writing intensive courses, they say that they want at least one of the courses to have been in English literature... I'm took several writing intensive history courses, but none in the English department. Am I just boxed out from being considered, or could I explain my situation?
    How did you do in CARS??? :)

"WCMC requires two semesters of writing-intensive courses, one in the humanities or social sciences (e.g., history, philosophy, anthropology), and one focusing on English-language literature. Other writing-intensive courses and courses that meet undergraduate writing requirements may be substituted. AP credits are not accepted for the writing requirement. Please enter the names and course numbers for the classes you plan to use to fulfill this requirement."

You don't need to explain. You just need to list them.

Lorien

2+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    How did you do in CARS??? :)

'WCMC requires two semesters of writing-intensive courses, one in the humanities or social sciences (e.g., history, philosophy, anthropology), and one focusing on English-language literature. Other writing-intensive courses and courses that meet undergraduate writing requirements may be substituted. AP credits are not accepted for the writing requirement. Please enter the names and course numbers for the classes you plan to use to fulfill this requirement.'
    129 on CARS ... 3/4 points I missed came from it lmao. And they say "may be submitted" but they reiterate the english requirement on their website as well, so it makes me wonder if they'd actually accept the substitution. Don't wanna spent the 100 bucks if it's uncertain they'll even consider it, y'know?