2021-2022 Western Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Phone interview complete 12/27 and received a virtual interview on 1/10!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Upcoming PI Scheduled for next week; experiences review complete last week. LMS 73.7. What was everyone's experiences with the PI like? was it CASPER-like or more "getting to know you" like?

Upcoming PI Scheduled for next week; experiences review complete last week. LMS 73.7. What was everyone's experiences with the PI like? was it CASPER-like or more "getting to know you" like?
it was just...odd. No way to prepare in my opinion but don't be a afraid to take a moment to think if a question takes you off guard

it was just...odd. No way to prepare in my opinion but don't be a afraid to take a moment to think if a question takes you off guard
I agree with this. Some questions felt very “google”-internship esc. Nothing to worry about or study for, just be yourself and you’ll do great!

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure if anyone might have some input on it. I am currently on the WL. WMed is my top choice and I am considering sending a letter of intent. Is there any reason not to do so/hold back on doing so?

Not sure if anyone might have some input on it. I am currently on the WL. WMed is my top choice and I am considering sending a letter of intent. Is there any reason not to do so/hold back on doing so?
I don't think it could hurt. If you have other acceptances you could mention that despite them Wmed is still your top choice. If you don't have other As then I would focus on mentioning the specific things about WMed that draw you to it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think it could hurt. If you have other acceptances you could mention that despite them Wmed is still your top choice. If you don't have other As then I would focus on mentioning the specific things about WMed that draw you to it.
Got it. Thank you!

Did anyone else get a pretty disappointing merit scholarship letter or was it just me lol

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone else get a pretty disappointing merit scholarship letter or was it just me lol
Mine was okay, I got a decent chunk but even with it WMed is still more expensive than the full tuition + all other expenses for another school I have an A at lol

Anyone gotten in off the waitlist yet?

ACCEPTED TODAY! This was my first A so it was a huge relief! Best of luck to everyone still in the running!

ACCEPTED TODAY! This was my first A so it was a huge relief! Best of luck to everyone still in the running!
Congratulations! Western is a great school! When did you interview and what time did they call you for the A?

Got the A today. Interviewed 1/14, called at 3PM. OOS.

Congratulations! Western is a great school! When did you interview and what time did they call you for the A?
Thank you! I interviewed on 1/14 and got the call at 2:30PM. OOS.

For the ppl who got in off waitlist, how long was it between your wait-list notification and your acceptance. And did you send an update/intent/letmeinfortheloveofgod letter.

• Haha
Received an interview invite but will be withdrawing. Hope it goes to another deserving candidate!!

Got an ii today!oos. Did phone interview in end of december. What is the post interview acceptance rate?

Got an ii today! Did phone interview in december. What is post ii a rate?

Got an ii today! Did phone interview in december. What is post ii a rate?
Has been posted already, but here it is again. Stolen from last year's thread.
My Greatest Hope.png

WMed's rejection email be like, "Thanks for considering our school! Alternatively, have you considered just...NOT?" 💀

OOS, experiences review completed 9/6, never got a PI

• Haha
Just looked through last years SDN page for this schools. No more phone interview invites sent out at this point in the cycle

• Hmm
me too, man me too. Just get it done. I saw lots of people last cycle said they didn't even get an email R they just updated their portal to say declined
Been checking that every Wednesday religiously lol.

That had to have been the most poorly worded rejection I've gotten all cycle.

Got the R in the portal as well - I love that personal touch!

For those who got in, take advantage of the fact that one of the best breweries in Michigan (Wax Wings) is located there.

Got the R in the portal as well - I love that personal touch!

For those who got in, take advantage of the fact that one of the best breweries in Michigan (Wax Wings) is located there.
Where is your A?

Pre-II R. Peace out WMed.

Received a virtual Interview invite today, OOS, phone interview completed in October