You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Western Michigan
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Same :/
this school seemed like a good fit too. Been on consideration since early august
this school seemed like a good fit too. Been on consideration since early august
Phone interviews are given throughout the cycle. Last year, folks were receiving phone IIs in December. It's way too early to be worried about a possible rejection.Been under consideration for PI since 8/5. Since others are moving into consideration now, does that seem like a hold/R at this point or do phone interviews continue throughout the cycle?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just stats for people that are interested/curious. Last year they gave out about 800 Phone interviews which translated to 450 II
**edited for clarification
**edited for clarification
Last edited:
For clarification, do you mean 800 IIs which translated to 450 acceptances?Just stats for people that are interested/curious. Last year they gave out about 800 interviews which translated to 450II
Edit: My brain is dumb, please look below!
Last edited:
Probably 800 phone interviews for 450 virtual interview invites.For clarification, do you mean 800 IIs which translated to 450 acceptances?
Got the virtual II just now!!!!! So excited! For reference, my phone interview was on 8/23.
Also under consideration since early August. I was previously told in this thread that phone interviews are offered throughout the cycle, but have only seen virtual II recently.Have they sent any phone interviews lately? Been in consideration since 8/2.
+1 for under consideration since early August
guest112233
Full Member
I also got a virtual II this morning! I could not be more excited!!!
+1I just got a phone interview invite and I’ve been under consideration since July. Don’t lose hope people 🙂
congrats!! when was your phone interview if you don't mind me askingI also got a virtual II this morning! I could not be more excited!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Phone interview invite just now! OOS, ORM, complete 07/13, experiences review completed 09/07.
just_vibing
Full Member
Phone II today, IS, complete 7/29, experience review completed 8/25 🎉
+1 phone II today. IS, ORM, reapp, complete 7/9, experience review completed 7/26.
UniqueInterview
Full Member
+2
Keeponmoving
Full Member
Hey all, current M1 here. Not sure how much help I can be because we only just finished our first block, but let me know if you have any questions that I could possibly help answer. Haven't had a chance to read the whole thread so someone else more knowledgeable might have chimed in already, but I'll do my best! Feel free to DM me or just tag me here.
P.S. throwaway account because my posts on my main have info that could possibly identify me
P.S. throwaway account because my posts on my main have info that could possibly identify me
Is the interview traditional style? If so, is it one-on-one or panel? Open or closed file? I can't find much information about it.Hey all, current M1 here. Not sure how much help I can be because we only just finished our first block, but let me know if you have any questions that I could possibly help answer. Haven't had a chance to read the whole thread so someone else more knowledgeable might have chimed in already, but I'll do my best! Feel free to DM me or just tag me here.
P.S. throwaway account because my posts on my main have info that could possibly identify me
Keeponmoving
Full Member
They're still virtual this year, right? Last year, it was one-on-one, open file, on Zoom. Incredibly casual. We talked about a few of my activities and why I want to be a doctor but it was really low-stress and conversational. And short. I'd say we discussed stuff in my application for like 10 minutes. The rest of the time we just chatted about Kalamazoo, where I grew up, stuff totally unrelated to the school or why medicine. I don't remember any situational judgment type questions from that interview. It was the easiest, most random interview of the cycle for me.Is the interview traditional style? If so, is it one-on-one or panel? Open or closed file? I can't find much information about it.
Everyone in admissions is super friendly, so don't be afraid to reach out to them for any reason.
Keeponmoving
Full Member
Also, because I see everyone getting nervous about phone interviews/IIs (and I don't blame you, I was too!). I got mine in January and was accepted outright, no waitlist.
Do you know about the time frame from the phone interview to a II decision ?Also, because I see everyone getting nervous about phone interviews/IIs (and I don't blame you, I was too!). I got mine in January and was accepted outright, no waitlist.
When were you complete tho?Also, because I see everyone getting nervous about phone interviews/IIs (and I don't blame you, I was too!). I got mine in January and was accepted outright, no waitlist.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
peppy-doctor
Full Member
I completed my phone interview and about a week later received the virtual II 🙂Do you know about the time frame from the phone interview to a II decision ?
My phone II and virtual II were a little more than 3 weeks apart.Also, because I see everyone getting nervous about phone interviews/IIs (and I don't blame you, I was too!). I got mine in January and was accepted outright, no waitlist.
Yes, it is virtual. Wow! Thank you.They're still virtual this year, right? Last year, it was one-on-one, open file, on Zoom. Incredibly casual. We talked about a few of my activities and why I want to be a doctor but it was really low-stress and conversational. And short. I'd say we discussed stuff in my application for like 10 minutes. The rest of the time we just chatted about Kalamazoo, where I grew up, stuff totally unrelated to the school or why medicine. I don't remember any situational judgment type questions from that interview. It was the easiest, most random interview of the cycle for me.
Everyone in admissions is super friendly, so don't be afraid to reach out to them for any reason.
Keeponmoving
Full Member
Just checked my email and it looks like it was about 3 weeks. Since I was later in the cycle though, I don't know if that's typical.Do you know about the time frame from the phone interview to a II decision ?
Later than I wanted to be. I think late September? MCAT kept getting pushed back. I know classmates who were complete before me who were also interviewed late in the cycle (February, even March). I obviously don't know how things work in admissions or how applications are sorted, so I can't be much help thereWhen were you complete tho?
Thats how I felt as well.Just had my phone interview today and it was definitely a unique type of interview- it does feel more like Casper but I would say only 2/7 questions made me lose my footing a little bit and were exceptionally different. I guess we will see how it went!
Dinosaur_gummy
New Member
Late posting, but:
- Supplemental app completed 8/05
- Review experiences completed 9/01
- P.I. offered 9/15
Has anyone gotten any virtual II's or rejections yet? I think they update us every Wednesday.
Has anyone gotten any virtual II's or rejections yet? I think they update us every Wednesday.
I believe it is actually every other Wednesday. Last week, two people (on SDN) were offered a virtual interview and a decent handful of phone interviews were offered too. As far was we know, no rejections yet. Last year, pre-phone interview rejections started going out in late October.
Last edited:
Secondary application completed in July and still haven't reached experience review.
Anything and everythingDoes anyone know what sorts of things the phone interview asks
I've been fully complete since 7/27 and havent even advanced to experiences review...anyone else? Just wanna know if it's time to reach out maybe
INeedHelp1234
Full Member
Not everyone gets their experiences reviewed, and I think it may vary greatly the time people hear back from the.I've been fully complete since 7/27 and havent even advanced to experiences review...anyone else? Just wanna know if it's time to reach out maybe
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not everyone gets their experiences reviewed, and I think it may vary greatly the time people hear back from the.
Application Process | WMed
Class of 2025 Profile | WMed
u were right, they did indeed ask anything and everything fmlAnything and everything
Ahh ok! You're right. I'm a repplicant and got that email quicker last year but also submitted a lot later than this yearNot everyone gets their experiences reviewed, and I think it may vary greatly the time people hear back from the.
ColoradoMedApplicant
Full Member
Seems like most people here are getting their virtual IIs about 3 weeks after their phone interviews. If it's been a month does that mean I likely wont be getting an II/ just a soft R?
II just received!
Timeline: Complete 07/13, experiences review completed 09/07, phone interview extended 09/15, phone interview conducted 09/21.
Timeline: Complete 07/13, experiences review completed 09/07, phone interview extended 09/15, phone interview conducted 09/21.