2022-2023 Case Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone gotten an interview invite? If not do we know whether they send out II this week? Goodluck everyone :)
they said mid august :) Not sure exactly but not for a little bit!
See their copy-and pasted below:
We won't start sending out interview invitations until around mid-August. First University Programs interviews will begin on Aug. 29th and they will be via Zoom.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone had trouble with the font being different on different essays for this secondary? Wondering how I can fix this.

When do they start sending out IIs??

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
To my Lerner folks: How are you organizing the research essay?
Was thinking of a titling each paragraph like, Background: information on disease/overarching goal of project. Hypothesis: explain + what I contributed. Methods: etc.

Or would you recommend no titles?

Hi! This past year was really tough for my family, losing several family members to COVID. Does anyone have any advice on whether I should include these challenges under the "Greatest Challenge" prompt or the one about "COVID-19 disruptions"? Is it recommended for the "Greatest Challenge" prompt to be pre-pandemic? @CWRU.Sman

If I did end up including this experience and what I learned under the Greatest Challenge prompt, I could talk about other disruptions (e.g. academic, research) under the COVID prompt.

Any thoughts?

OOS ORM II LM 73.4!!! 11:30am

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think they're looking at apps by day completed? It seems like everyone who heard back today was complete on 7/08

this is insane. I complete 7/14 so looks like I will get an R next week :)
Hey its more than whats on paper, they are looking for fit and intangibles and stuff like that so if you haven’t heard anything you should have hope! It’ll all work out

• Care
Hey its more than whats on paper, they are looking for fit and intangibles and stuff like that so if you haven’t heard anything you should have hope! It’ll all work out
rip cuz you sound like a great fit. but yeah its such a total crapshoot and you cant take it personally.
personally, I plan on pouring myself a big old glass of sav and uber eating some indian food when I get my R in the mail

Reactions: 3 users
Ur giving me imposter syndrome, idk how I got an II. I’m sorry it’s so random ig
That’s the last thing I wanted to do sorry! You didn’t get the II by accident, you deserve it. Best of luck on the interview!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
That’s the last thing I wanted to do sorry! You didn’t get the II by accident, you deserve it. Best of luck on the interview!
Haha dw I appreciate it it’s nothing what u said of course overall I’m very happy with an II. I’m sure you’ll get interviews good luck. It’s just crazy how random it can be, you sound like a great candidate.

Reactions: 1 users
II!! LM 77 I’m so excited!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
How did you already get an R? Its pretty early
Well it's complicated. I applied to Nebraska and got a secondary, but they're super heavy instate but I really just wanna go there for several reasons. I appealed the R though, which is not something a lot of schools have.

My first Pre-II R, OOS! Good luck to everyone else who's still in the running :)

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
For those who have received R, good luck with your other schools! This process is just so random, ya still got this. Submitted 7/14, radio silence but got R from two schools