You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Case Western
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
blendedspaghetti
Full Member
What are your stats boss?IS II just now! Complete 7/23!
3.94/522What are your stats boss?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did this for my interview with a different school. Found out they were a professor but not a physician. Normally I would ask questions at the end with physicians about their career/advice, but looking him up beforehand I was able to come up with questions more tailored to his experience as a professor. So I would definitely do it but don’t make it obvious because some may find that a little weird lol. You’re there to talk about yourself, not brown nose.My interviewer has been posted. Is it recommended to know a bit about them before hand? Like know their speciality, research interests etc.?
sweettooth0123
New Member
New to SDN so hey everyone! Got an II today at ~11:30AM EST. super pumped! 3.65/521, IS, complete 7/21. Good luck to you all!
II received on 8/17. OOS
D
deleted1139574
When were you complete?II received on 8/17. OOS
Anyone know of any opportunities to conduct infectious diseases research at CWRU?
D
deleted1139574
a) look at any fellowship programsAnyone know of any opportunities to conduct infectious diseases research at CWRU?
b) cold email labs asking for opps
c) look at CWRU jobs board, unis always hiring RAs
D
deleted1140198
any II this week?
any II this week?
II today, OOS LM 71
Congrats! Complete date?II today, OOS LM 71
Anyone know if there are opportunities to work with a diverse patient population at CW?
According to the videos we were given to watch pre-interview there is a teaching hospital MetroHealth which is very diverse and allows students to practice with a variety of patient populations. There is even an opportunity to have most of your clinical rotations done there if you would like.Anyone know if there are opportunities to work with a diverse patient population at CW?
What's the best acronym to use: CW, CWRU or CWRU SOM (or some other one)?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SitBackDown.ImSat
Full Member
II with low stats! Beyond grateful!!
congrats!!! also love ur usernameII with low stats! Beyond grateful!!
SitBackDown.ImSat
Full Member
Thank you!! And thanks haha love island UK is so goodcongrats!!! also love ur username
D
deleted1140198
Congrats! did you get it just now? also do you mind sharing when you were complete / stats?II with low stats! Beyond grateful!!
SitBackDown.ImSat
Full Member
Ty!! Earlier today. LM 65 and 7/23. Hopefully this gives some hope for other lower stat applicants <3Congrats! did you get it just now? also do you mind sharing when you were complete / stats?
Interviewing here in a few weeks. You guys think me citing how transparent the admin are on social media like here and how supportive they seem in general is worth mentioning if they ask “why case?”
D
deleted1139574
yea I would talk about how these traits indicate how understanding admin and management are of students and how much they care about the case communityInterviewing here in a few weeks. You guys think me citing how transparent the admin are on social media like here and how supportive they seem in general is worth mentioning if they ask “why case?”
SitBackDown.ImSat
Full Member
Check the email they send after you schedule the interviewHow long are the interviews? Can't seem to find any info about breaks/length during the interview block. Am I just unable to find it or...
I interviewed yesterday, the portal information given when an interview is offered was very accurate. Even thought it was their first day we never went more than five minutes off schedule. Probably as they get back into full interview mode you can expect almost full accuracy. My staff interview was about 50 minutes and my student interview was about 30. They really answered all questions well and made us feel included and supported.
How long are the interviews? Can't seem to find any info about breaks/length during the interview block. Am I just unable to find it or...
Last edited:
Can anyone give insight into the nature of the interview? Does it seem casual or is it more formal/interviewer grills you?
Mine was casual, like a conversation. We laughed and told jokes.Can anyone give insight into the nature of the interview? Does it seem casual or is it more formal/interviewer grills you?
hello! would anyone be willing to give me feedback for cwru secondary essays? thanks!!
Did people who interview send thank you notes?
It’s always a nice gesture in general.Did people who interview send thank you notes?
I wrote one. The portal has a link specifically for them which most schools do not have.
bodybuilder2020
Full Member
Can anyone give insight into the nature of the interview? Does it seem casual or is it more formal/interviewer grills you?
Mine was pretty conversational. Don't know if that's me cause I was a non-traditional who had a few years working with people so I have an easy time talking to people. I was OOS but did a bunch of stuff in Cleveland so the conversation went in that direction. Also, I was accepted to CWRU undergrad and grad. Declined both times. So we joked that third time was a charm.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are my hero right now, giving me hope!II with low stats! Beyond grateful!!
oos ii for the UP received!! stoked for this one
D
deleted910026
congrats boss, stat/completion date? I submitted early July but radio silence 🙁oos ii for the UP received!! stoked for this one
Thanks! Complete 7/14, LM 75congrats boss, stat/completion date? I submitted early July but radio silence 🙁
.
Last edited:
II this AM! OOS, non-trad, no local ties.
D
deleted1130038
congrats!! when were you complete?II this AM! OOS, non-trad, no local ties.
sorry, meant to add that to my post! complete 8/5.congrats!! when were you complete?
Submitted 8/12 and silence since then. Don't know if I was passed over.
I was complete 8/1 and I haven't heard anything yet....
D
deleted1140198
I was complete 7/8 🙁I was complete 8/1 and I haven't heard anything yet....
It is sad boi szn out here 🙁I was complete 7/8 🙁
II today! OOS with some familial ties to Ohio. Complete around two weeks ago.
Last edited:
I applied to their mstp and got an email today saying that they'd like to have a phone interview with me, and then from there I may or may not be offered a full day interview. I am not sure if this is normal for their MSTP, if I was on the cusp of getting an interview, or if there's something specific in my application they want to discuss. Anyone have this experience?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Coffeefueled
Full Member
I have a friend that had a phone interview with CCLM last year and she then got an actual interview, so it's probably good news and used for people they are deciding to do virtual interviews with. Good luck! Can i ask, when were you complete?I applied to their mstp and got an email today saying that they'd like to have a phone interview with me, and then from there I may or may not be offered a full day interview. I am not sure if this is normal for their MSTP, if I was on the cusp of getting an interview, or if there's something specific in my application they want to discuss. Anyone have this experience?
Thanks that's good to hear! I was complete 7/22I have a friend that had a phone interview with CCLM last year and she then got an actual interview, so it's probably good news and used for people they are deciding to do virtual interviews with. Good luck! Can i ask, when were you complete?
D
deleted1130038
AAAHHHH II !!!! So insanely excited 😀
Last edited by a moderator:
sigelbyr
Full Member
Congratulations!! If you don’t mind me asking, when were you complete?AAAHHHH II !!!! So insanely excited 😀
D
deleted1130038
mid july!Congratulations!! If you don’t mind me asking, when were you complete?