2022-2023 Case Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II! LM 80.6, complete 7/13, WARS ~95-105

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I think I am going to take a break from threads until I get an R or II, good luck my friends I will check back in with you all once I receive some semblance of information.

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
just got an R this morning... complete 7/18

• Care
Pre-II R, complete 07/15. Didn't know this was a different committee from CCLCM (I got an II for that program)

Are all the R's for people complete in July or are people complete in August getting R's as well? Want to know if I skipped the wave or not.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are all the R's for people complete in July or are people complete in August getting R's as well? Want to know if I skipped the wave or not.
Someone above said they were complete 8/17 and got a Pre-II R.

Pre-II R, complete 07/15. Didn't know this was a different committee from CCLCM (I got an II for that program)
Woah that's crazy. I didn't think the reverse could happen, when did you get the II from CCLCM if you don't mind?

Woah that's crazy. I didn't think the reverse could happen, when did you get the II from CCLCM if you don't mind?
Yeah idk what happened. This process is so random. I also have strong ties to CWRU, but not CCLCM. I got CCLCM II on 08/29 (complete 07/15)

Hello everyone! do you all received a separate application complete email from CCLCM in addition to the UP? I got mine from UP but nothing from CCLCM. Recently called CCLCM to double-check and they said I was pending application fee (which I had already paid back in July). The status page on my end shows everything to be complete. Just want to know how everyone else's looks like, and did y'all receive confirmation from both UP and CCLCM?

Hello everyone! do you all received a separate application complete email from CCLCM in addition to the UP? I got mine from UP but nothing from CCLCM. Recently called CCLCM to double-check and they said I was pending application fee (which I had already paid back in July). The status page on my end shows everything to be complete. Just want to know how everyone else's looks like, and did y'all receive confirmation from both UP and CCLCM?
I received completion emails from both CCLCM and the UP. Two separate emails.

That’s strange, I only got an application complete email from CCLCM. Was there somewhere on the application to indicate that I wanted to apply for both programs? I figured it automatically put me in the pool for the UP.
There was somewhere to check which of the three programs you wanted to apply to under the "program" section of the "application" tab.

II this morning! Still dates in September and October. Complete 7/23

II for the University Program! OOS Reapplicant. Completed 7/9. Got rejected from CCLCM earlier in August.

Reactions: 2 users
can anyone that's interviewed speak to how long each interview is? for some reason i'm having trouble finding this info out...

I did not know it was possible for you to get an R
Appreciate it man.

I feel like I wouldn't connect very much with the population in Cleveland, so that may have been the reason behind their decision.

im starting to think this is normal...
My interview with the staff interviewer was about 50 minutes, and my student interview was about 35. My physician interviewer was pretty lively and we had a conversation, especially once the more "basic" questions were asked already.

Last edited:
Anyone do the “you do iq”? I’m scheduled for it tn but I haven’t really researched the case much at all beyond reading it once. been busy at work and lazy lmao. I’m going to read the case for about an hour before probably and look up vitamin C and collagen. Does it even matter anyway ?

i think that a lot of the time how your interview goes is dependent on how your interviewer is feeling and whether its short or long is outside of your control. it also seems like its hard to tell how you performed based on how you felt but I could be wrong

also have not had my case interview yet
most of the people I talked to were very nice, but i do want to add they sent out a post-II interview survey the next day that was anonymous and even asked for our interviewer names. if you have a truly bad experience (like maybe others have), you can probably just mention it there and i imagine they would read through them

After interview day, I can honestly say I love Case. I'm so excited now. Best wishes to everyone who interviews soon or is hoping get an invite :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Is CWRU done sending secondaries?
We are going to begin sending out invitations to our secondary application next week for those with verfied AMCAS applications in our database. The invitations will go out in small, daily batches until all are sent. This is to 1. make sure everything is working properly 2. not to overload the application platform. We already have 3,400+ verified applications in our database so we need to gradually send them out. If you want a jump on the essay prompts, you can find them on our website: Secondary Application Questions | MD University Program | Case Western Reserve University

We wish everyone the best this year!

Do you know if the interviews are open or closed file? Thanks in advance!
mine was very much open w the faculty - he even commented on my letters of rec - but i think for the med student its just personal statement and w/a
no mcat score for either tho i think

Reactions: 2 users