You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Commonwealth (Geisinger)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Nothing just wait. I've been deferred since 10/15. my interview was 9/7. I sent an update letter oct. Will send another one once my spring grades are posted.sooo what does it mean if we haven't heard anything today?? have to wait until next month or is my rejection letter on its way to my house 😭 lmao (deferred 1/17)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1, waited 10 weeks just to find out I need to wait even more lmao~deferred to next meeting~
It was only an email, no callCongratulations! Such a great school! Did they call this morning?
I didn't send in any updates, but I did attend the January 30th recruitment day. I don't know if that held any weight. Wishing you the best of luck!Congrats, I was interviewed and deferred on those same dates. Did you send any updates? Tell me the secret formula 🤣
A yesterday!
FutureOrthoBro
New Member
I also went to that recruitment day but also sent an update. Showing interest either, or both ways, probably helps in the endI didn't send in any updates, but I did attend the January 30th recruitment day. I don't know if that held any weight. Wishing you the best of luck!
la vida loca
Full Member
When are the recruitment days?I also went to that recruitment day but also sent an update. Showing interest either, or both ways, probably helps in the end
mrsbehindthemd
Full Member
So if one were to hear absolutely nothing this week after interviewing in January should one assume a rejection letter is in the mail? 😅😭
I wouldn’t say soSo if one were to hear absolutely nothing this week after interviewing in January should one assume a rejection letter is in the mail? 😅😭
Usually when you pick an interview day, you should also be able to sign up for thoseWhen are the recruitment days?
Has anyone from January heard back? Might be too early!So if one were to hear absolutely nothing this week after interviewing in January should one assume a rejection letter is in the mail? 😅😭
Whatdadogdoin
Full Member
Has anyone been accepted into the Abigail Scholars Program yet?
I was accepted to the program in January, but I ended up declining the offer because I did not feel 100% sure that it was right for me.Has anyone been accepted into the Abigail Scholars Program yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doctordoodlebob
Full Member
Has anyone from January heard back? Might be too early!
I feel like we might have to wait til next month 🫠
justvibingouthere
Full Member
II just now, literally in SHOCK. here's all my info: LM69, WARS70, OOS, asian, complete mid-july, sent an update early january. only date available for me was march 1!
Fluffernuttersquish
Full Member
Congrats! Were you ever deferred pre-interview?II just now, literally in SHOCK. here's all my info: LM69, WARS70, OOS, asian, complete mid-july, sent an update early january. only date available for me was march 1!
justvibingouthere
Full Member
yes! just checked and i was deferred on 12/7Congrats! Were you ever deferred pre-interview?
FutureOrthoBro
New Member
I just sent an update letter with a bit of interest added. I also went to one of the recruitment days and mingled with the faculty. Any of those things may have helped, maybe they didn'tFor people who got accepted after being deferred, did you guys send in a letter of interest/intent?
adg30
Full Member
I wouldn't stress too much, from what I remember it's a fairly generic interview processok now that I've processed my initial shock of getting the II and now I'm freaking out about prepping lol. anyone who's interviewed have any advice on their interview and how to prep? it's hitting me that it's like a week and a half from now. this is my only II of the cycle so I'm staying realistic but obviously I want to make the most of it 🙂 thanks in advance regardless!!
doctordoodlebob
Full Member
Just to clarify, geisinger only releases decisions on the 15th of every month?
i'm in a similar spot as you, although my update letter was more of a letter of intent than anything as this is my top choice.So at this pt, I've interviewed (10/24), been deferred (12/6), and sent an update letter (1/6). Is there anything more I can do on my part or am I just at the schools mercy rn?
interviewed 10/3, deferred 11/7, sent LOI/update 12/31
Withdrew application and canceled my interview last night, and good luck to everyone!
LetsGoMed1015
New Member
That’s what it seems like although I’d be very happy to be wrong on this oneJust to clarify, geisinger only releases decisions on the 15th of every month?
Post II R in the mail today 🙁
asdfaqerqwerqera
Full Member
Sorry to hear. Did you receive anything in email or just mail?Post II R in the mail today
No email. Just mailSorry to hear. Did you receive anything in email or just mail?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Post II R in the mail today 🙁
When did you interview? Were you previously deferred ?
Interviewed 12/14, not deferredWhen did you interview? Were you previously deferred ?
Does Geisinger email you back to confirm they have received the update you sent over email?
YesDoes Geisinger email you back to confirm they have received the update you sent over email?
How long should I wait to email again about the update? I have not receive an email yet.
A couple of days-week/s . Mine took approximately a week.How long should I wait to email again about the update? I have not receive an email yet.
canyonmoon528
Full Member
Hey guys! Not sure if anyone else has been put in this situation but, I interviewed recently and I want to send an update/ letter of interest (it will be my second and last one). Do y'all think it would be wise to wait until after I hear back to send it? Or should I send it now since it's been a few weeks since my interview? Thanks! 🙂
i sent an LOI/update letter a bit less than 2 months after i interviewed, and about a month after being deferred. ig u could do it any time after interviewingHey guys! Not sure if anyone else has been put in this situation but, I interviewed recently and I want to send an update/ letter of interest (it will be my second and last one). Do y'all think it would be wise to wait until after I hear back to send it? Or should I send it now since it's been a few weeks since my interview? Thanks! 🙂
I think a significant update letter with a good LOI (if that's the one school you want to go to) would cause them to reassess your applicationI’d definitely say to ask yourself if your update is important. If it’s significant and you think it has the potential to swing the vote in your favor then you should definitely send it now. Worst case is you’d send it when a decision was already made. Good luck!
misshighenergy
Full Member
anyone from Jan 9 interview hear back?
Nope, patiently waiting and hoping they can squeeze in an Abigail interview afterwards..anyone from Jan 9 interview hear back?
Fluffernuttersquish
Full Member
If deferred Pre II, is there any chance for an interview at this point? thanks
doctordoodlebob
Full Member
anyone from Jan 9 interview hear back?
fingers crossed that we hear back on the 15th[emoji1696]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got a lengthy email talking about the Abigail Geisinger scholars program; at the end it said "we hope their words inspire you to begin your own adventure here at Geisinger commonwealth." buttttt I don't even have an A, I'm still deferred. does this mean anything? or is it just a mass email
dr.ibarelyevenknowher
Full Member
I got the same email, feels disrespectful at this point since I havent heard anything back since I got deffered to the next committee meeting in decemberI just got a lengthy email talking about the Abigail Geisinger scholars program; at the end it said "we hope their words inspire you to begin your own adventure here at Geisinger commonwealth." buttttt I don't even have an A, I'm still deferred. does this mean anything? or is it just a mass email
mrsbehindthemd
Full Member
Didn’t get it over here so maybe it is good news on your end!I just got a lengthy email talking about the Abigail Geisinger scholars program; at the end it said "we hope their words inspire you to begin your own adventure here at Geisinger commonwealth." buttttt I don't even have an A, I'm still deferred. does this mean anything? or is it just a mass email
AveragePremedApplicant
Full Member
Same here. I got deferred on January 17th so really hoping this is positive foreshadowing.I got the same email, feels disrespectful at this point since I havent heard anything back since I got deffered to the next committee meeting in december
heyheyheyheyheyheyheyhey
Full Member
did anyone who's accepted complete the background check - is it supposed to cost $55 or am I doing something wrong?