You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Commonwealth (Geisinger)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm interviewing in early Feb...I feel the same as you but let's not count ourselves out! There's a reason why we were invited 😊Anyone interviewing next week? It feels so late, I hope we still have a chance at an A
Alien Ai
Full Member
Same hereI'm interviewing in early Feb...I feel the same as you but let's not count ourselves out! There's a reason why we were invited 😊
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
clubpenguin
New Member
Has anyone from 11/30 interviews heard back yet? If not when do you think we'll hear back?
JustKeepSwimming2020
Full Member
11/30 still waiting too. I was hoping this week but I’m not sure now.Has anyone from 11/30 interviews heard back yet? If not when do you think we'll hear back?
la vida loca
Full Member
11/30 too and have not heard anything
11/30 here, samesies
Dont they have a 6-8 week time gap after the interview before they send a response?11/30 still waiting too. I was hoping this week but I’m not sure now.
hi there! i had some questions about the logistics of the MMI at geisinger.
do we get to see the scenario as we are speaking during our 6 minutes or does the scenario disappear after the 2 minutes of prep time.
do we get to take down notes during our 2 minutes of prep time that we can refer to during our 6 minutes of speaking time?
thank you!
do we get to see the scenario as we are speaking during our 6 minutes or does the scenario disappear after the 2 minutes of prep time.
do we get to take down notes during our 2 minutes of prep time that we can refer to during our 6 minutes of speaking time?
thank you!
hi there! i had some questions about the logistics of the MMI at geisinger.
do we get to see the scenario as we are speaking during our 6 minutes or does the scenario disappear after the 2 minutes of prep time.
do we get to take down notes during our 2 minutes of prep time that we can refer to during our 6 minutes of speaking time?
thank you!
Disappears after 2 minutes
Yes can take notes
Yes you can refer to notes but keep in mind that may not come off well to some interviewers…
awesome, thank you! would appreciate any other pointers you have for the interview day. it's my first MMI 🙂Disappears after 2 minutes
Yes can take notes
Yes you can refer to notes but keep in mind that may not come off well to some interviewers…
Interviewed in october and recently got an R through paper mail.[emoji1745] Good luck to all other applicants/future doctors!
Is there any update in your portal? Or just paper?
Also what day in October?
Wishing you the best of luck also.
avividsound_
Full Member
Interviewed in october and recently got an R through paper mail.[emoji1745] Good luck to all other applicants/future doctors!
Best of luck to you! I’m sorry to hear. Were you deferred? Any change to portal? Thank you [emoji120]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was not deferred, this was first I heard from them since the interviewBest of luck to you! I’m sorry to hear. Were you deferred? Any change to portal? Thank you [emoji120]
just paper, nothing changed in the portalIs there any update in your portal? Or just paper?
Also what day in October?
Wishing you the best of luck also.
what were your stats if you dont mind me asking (can DM me). I'm waiting post- recent II rnIs there any update in your portal? Or just paper?
Also what day in October?
Wishing you the best of luck also.
Does Geisinger accept pre II LOI/update letter? I am IS completed in Mid August and right now on Pre II deffered decision.
does anyone know the dress code for the virtual open house?
Mind saying your stats?Accepted via email just now!
Whatdadogdoin
Full Member
No problem, MCAT (retake) 501, GPA 3.92Mind saying your stats?
Appreciated and congratulations!No problem, MCAT (retake) 501, GPA 3.92
Btw were you IS or OOS and did you do a post bacc with them or in general?
Whatdadogdoin
Full Member
OOS and no post bacc. I did take 2 gap years though before applying to med school.Appreciated and congratulations!
Btw were you IS or OOS and did you do a post bacc with them or in general?
Also, thank you so much!!
LetsGoMed1015
New Member
Anyone from 11/30 interview hear anything? Officially 8 weeks since the interview and radio silence here…
la vida loca
Full Member
Me too 🙁Anyone from 11/30 interview hear anything? Officially 8 weeks since the interview and radio silence here…
SameAnyone from 11/30 interview hear anything? Officially 8 weeks since the interview and radio silence here…
How many weeks after ii did you receive your updates? (Those of you whom have ii and heard back)
I am in the same position and am also wondering ://I interviewed on 10/24 and got deferred on 12/6, should I be viewing my deferred status as a soft rejection at this pt, or is there a chance I can still get accepted
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Remember that Geisinger has fellowships in Cardiology and GI...Exactly. It would be hard to match into a competitive fellowship like Cardio or GI after those 4 years, but I’m sure you could do neph or Rheumatology.
LetsGoMed1015
New Member
Still waiting from my interview in 11/30Has anyone that interviewed in December heard back with a decision yet?
JustKeepSwimming2020
Full Member
+1Still waiting from my interview in 11/30
Sure will. only if they accept meWithdrew my II. Enjoy beautiful Scranton y'all <3
clefairy0000
Full Member
Hold late 2022, II OOS today
thincrustpizza
New Member
Congrats! What dates are available if you don't mind me asking?Hold late 2022, II OOS today
Danielle177
Full Member
Hello everyone! I have an interview tomorrow and I am extremely excited/nervous. Any last minute tips?
same here! any last minute advice would be greatly appreciated 🙂
Hello everyone! I have an interview tomorrow and I am extremely excited/nervous. Any last minute tips?
+2. i'm starting to dread checking my mailbox bc someone in the thread mentioned that they reject via snail mail
JustKeepSwimming2020
Full Member
It seems like no one on SDN from our interview date has heard back yet so I don’t think that’s a case! From what I think, they send out decisions once a month so we might just be waiting until February to hear back, unfortunately.+2. i'm starting to dread checking my mailbox bc someone in the thread mentioned that they reject via snail mail
JustKeepSwimming2020
Full Member
Yes! They go over everything before the interview starts. I don’t remember exactly what the logistics were but they went over everything!do they explain the logistics of the interview format prior to the start of the MMI? i'm a bit confused as to how the prompt showing would work/when to actually join the Zoom call w the interviewer
LetsGoMed1015
New Member
Also I heard through the grapevine that there might be issues with their new email system so maybe hope isn’t lost yet 👀It seems like no one on SDN from our interview date has heard back yet so I don’t think that’s a case! From what I think, they send out decisions once a month so we might just be waiting until February to hear back, unfortunately.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they send us any info through email prior to interview date? Still waiting for some type of communication beforehandYes! They go over everything before the interview starts. I don’t remember exactly what the logistics were but they went over everything!
JustKeepSwimming2020
Full Member
Yes I got an email about a week before my interview dateDo they send us any info through email prior to interview date? Still waiting for some type of communication beforehand
Volkner243
Full Member
I will likely be withdrawing my A soon, so hopefully it goes to one of you beautiful people on here 🙂
Interviewed in October. Deferred in December. Accepted January 17th!congrats to those accepted! May I ask whether you were accepted straight or if you were deferred first? Also, may I ask your interview dates?
Are you IS or OOS?Withdrew my II. Enjoy beautiful Scranton y'all <3