2022-2023 Dartmouth (Geisel)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This thread has been strangely quiet for the past month… I haven’t heard of an A given out since Early November. Did the admissions stop giving out acceptances? Seems strange since last year it seems like they had waves of As steadily coming out every other weeks.

They’re definitely not done giving out As. I think for whatever reason they got behind. I interviewed this past week and they said the committee won’t even look at our apps until mid Jan, and the absolute earliest we could find out is late Jan
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
According to the spreadsheet it's around 58% for IS and 38% for OOS.

Could this be accurate? They say they interview about 10% of applicants and around 700-800 but only have ~100 matriculants…so this just seems crazy high to me. Would I be happy if it were true? Absolutely
 
Could this be accurate? They say they interview about 10% of applicants and around 700-800 but only have ~100 matriculants…so this just seems crazy high to me. Would I be happy if it were true? Absolutely

I'm thinking the same thing, but it is important to remember that matriculation is different than acceptance. I'm sure that the accepted percentage is significantly higher than the matriculated, and I'm sure that applicants that get in here are also accepted at other big-name schools that they may choose over Geisel.

I doubt the acceptance rate is 40%, but it is for sure higher than the ~12% matriculation rate...
 
I'm thinking the same thing, but it is important to remember that matriculation is different than acceptance. I'm sure that the accepted percentage is significantly higher than the matriculated, and I'm sure that applicants that get in here are also accepted at other big-name schools that they may choose over Geisel.

I doubt the acceptance rate is 40%, but it is for sure higher than the ~12% matriculation rate...

Great insight!!
 
Yea if any recent Geisel As could tell us when they interview, it would help get a frame of reference of what apps are currently being discussed by the adcoms.

They also said we should expect early Dec interviewees to also be able to get Rs and WLs, alongside with previous interviewees (whereas right now if you hear from them, it’s only because of an A)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad