2022-2023 Commonwealth (Geisinger)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When do you guys think the February interview people will hear back? If its 15th of every month, it seems kind of late to hear back April 15th.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I just realized that geisinger sent an email regarding their Abigail’s scholar program a while ago :( they said that the FAFSA was required to be filled out by March 1st to be considered for the program - does anyone know if that’s a strict deadline?

I just realized that geisinger sent an email regarding their Abigail’s scholar program a while ago :( they said that the FAFSA was required to be filled out by March 1st to be considered for the program - does anyone know if that’s a strict deadline?
fwiw, I just interviewed for Abigail scholars yesterday and haven’t yet filled out my FAFSA. I have not heard anything from Geisinger about it either, so I think you’re probably ok!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
fwiw, I just interviewed for Abigail scholars yesterday and haven’t yet filled out my FAFSA. I have not heard anything from Geisinger about it either, so I think you’re probably ok!
Omg okay this is so comforting thank you so much!! 💓💓💓

When do you guys think the February interview people will hear back? If its 15th of every month, it seems kind of late to hear back April 15th.
From what I can see, Geisinger only releases decisions once a month at around the midpoint of the month. I interviewed near the end of January and I was deferred mid-March.

In previous years, it looks like people heard back a bit earlier than the 15th for April so fingers crossed

Did anyone who was deferred in February hear back since then with a decision?

For people who interviewed in february, do you guys think we could still be considered for the Abigal scholars program especially since we will hear back so late.

Just got the Abigail Scholars A! Super excited! Super quick turnaround, too- I just interviewed on Monday

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No email here :cryi: , congratulations though, by my calculations it ends up effectively being one of the higher paid primary care jobs you can get for the 4 year service term. And the stress relief of no debt and stipend is worth quite a bit more. Lived in the area until a few years ago so was hoping Abigail would come through. guess we'll give them a few more days.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
No email here :cryi: , congratulations though, by my calculations it ends up effectively being one of the higher paid primary care jobs you can get for the 4 year service term. And the stress relief of no debt and stipend is worth quite a bit more. Lived in the area until a few years ago so was hoping Abigail would come through. guess we'll give them a few more days.
With such a large number of people accepted (I think 45), I can’t imagine all of them will take the offer! There’s still time for later offers or waitlist movement 🙂 hold out the hope!

February interviewees, anyone hear anything from them today? Its been about 8 weeks...waiting till the 15th is beyond the 6-8 weeks they told us

February interviewees, anyone hear anything from them today? Its been about 8 weeks...waiting till the 15th is beyond the 6-8 weeks they told us
They might want to wait until the 15th just to see how many people drop out at the Apr 15 3 A PTE deadline to see how many they should admit.

I would not expect any new decisions to be released till earliest middle of next week

Turned down my A today, including for Abigail Scholars. Fantastic program but not the right fit for me. Fingers crossed that one of y'all can get that A soon! :)

Reactions: 9 users
I hope Geisinger releases decision this week. It has been 9+ weeks now since my interview in February and have not heard back yet.

Been waiting since November 😭 Wondering if they forgot about me at this point

• Care
Were you November folks deferred in November or interviewed in November but havent heard back since?

Has anyone reached out to see when they expect the next round of decisions to be given?

Decisions this week we thinkin?

Deferred last month and was placed on the alternate list just now :(

• Care
Reactions: 4 users