2022-2023 Howard

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do y’all have significant updates like volunteering hours or a new job or is this mainly an interest letter saying you’re still interested in Howard?
 
Last edited:
For anyone that received A’s recently. How did you do your written decisions? I don’t plan on fully committing to the university yet, but would like to hold my seat.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was really hoping us 10/12ers wouldn't have to wait until Monday lol. I've been ruminating on interview day and I'm feeling less confident the longer it takes to get a decision.

Honestly same! They said on or before Monday so I’m hoping today. As we were told Thursday they meet so I’m assuming decisions were made yesterday for our interview cohort
 
hey for those who received an interview, about how long after submitting your secondary were you extended the interview?
 
hey for those who received an interview, about how long after submitting your secondary were you extended the interview?

7/18 submit
7/19 complete
7/22 “We have received and reviewed your AMCAS Primary and Secondary Applications for admission consideration for the M.D. “
9/21 invited for interview
 
So just to make sure: howard sends another email after they do a full review on our applications? I received the ‘everything has been received’ email, but not ‘received and reviewed’ email yet.
 
So just to make sure: howard sends another email after they do a full review on our applications? I received the ‘everything has been received’ email, but not ‘received and reviewed’ email yet.

Yep they do, I initially couldn’t find that email when someone asked this prior but I was able to find it after looking at my archived emails
 
Yep they do, I initially couldn’t find that email when someone asked this prior but I was able to find it after looking at my archived emails
Hmmmm. I have not received the email about them completing review on my apps… 😅 is anyone in the same situation as mine? I did complete their app a bit late though
 
So just to make sure: howard sends another email after they do a full review on our applications? I received the ‘everything has been received’ email, but not ‘received and reviewed’ email yet.
For me, the subject was "FROM HOWARD U COLLEGE OF MEDICINE - AMCAS Application Reviewed" and the email said "We have received and reviewed your AMCAS Primary and Secondary Applications for admission consideration for the M.D. degree program at Howard University's College of Medicine."
 
For me, the subject was "FROM HOWARD U COLLEGE OF MEDICINE - AMCAS Application Reviewed" and the email said "We have received and reviewed your AMCAS Primary and Secondary Applications for admission consideration for the M.D. degree program at Howard University's College of Medicine."
yep, didn't receive it yet! :/ hopefully I get it soon
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yep, didn't receive it yet! :/ hopefully I get it soon
If you read through the thread, some people got II without getting this email. I got it over 2 weeks ago and I haven't received an II or rejection, so there is no specific rhyme or reason to how it works.
 
If you read through the thread, some people got II without getting this email. I got it over 2 weeks ago and I haven't received an II or rejection, so there is no specific rhyme or reason to how it works.
just to clarify:
rejections don't come in until the end of the cycle, usually april.
howard interviews til late march
the interview invite process is random! its not in order of complete date or anything.
- I'm a reapplicant so this is just based on my experience last year! Let's hope more II come for those of us waiting and I'm beyond happy for those accepted!!!!