Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Just got the "At present, your application remains under consideration." email again.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1Just got the "At present, your application remains under consideration." email again.
I completed mine at the end of October and am still waiting as well 🙁 Starting to get nervous about it.I also have questions about this! The UMP interview is separate from the general interview, right? I still haven't heard word of when mine is scheduled (and I completed my UMP app in early Oct)... does that sound normal or should I go ask them what's up?
+3, IS interviewed 11/2 LM 68.8Just got the "At present, your application remains under consideration." email again.
Just got the "At present, your application remains under consideration." email again.
same... interviewed on 09/07Just got the "At present, your application remains under consideration." email again.
Interviewed 10/05, ISJust got the "At present, your application remains under consideration." email again.
I think it means that you’re literally still in the running and being considered. I got the email early nov (nov 1 to be exact) and got the A w/ the Nov wave. It seemed that everyone at the time who hadn’t been accepted got the email unless there are some people who didn’t and caught Rs but haven’t reported it on sdn. Keep the hopes high !! You’re not out till you’re out.Also got the consideration email this morning. Interviewed 11/09. Does this email mean anything? To those who got As, did you guys get this email prior to the acceptance?
They release acceptances the 15th of each month by mail.Just interviewed today! On average how long does it take to hear back?
They release acceptances the 15th of each month by mail.
Hmmm I'm not sure. Maybe someone who interviewed and received an A the same month can chime in? I interviewed 11/9, and haven't heard back except for an email yesterday that my app is still under consideration.Thank you! Is there a chance to hear back this month or? Lol I know it’s kinda early just wondering
So far as per SDN posts no one has heard back the same month, earliest is next month 15th when they mail which is received on or after 16th.Hmmm I'm not sure. Maybe someone who interviewed and received an A the same month can chime in? I interviewed 11/9, and haven't heard back except for an email yesterday that my app is still under consideration.
Just got mine scheduled. Early February date.Has anyone who got an II invite in November gotten a date?
Loosing my mind waiting for my interview date to be scheduled and planning work trips😵
is there a separate interview for UMP? I submitted my UMP application in September, but I was only scheduled for one interview with the school.I was finally scheduled for my UMP interview today after waiting 2 months, they sent an email this morning saying I’m scheduled for a date in early January. Grateful to finally have a date at least, but is Jan. late in the cycle?
Should've gotten an email too. You have 7 days to return it or they may cancel your interview. They don't mess around cause they almost cancelled my II for not turning in the grad app and virtual acknowledgement form in 7 days.For people who received an interview date, did you complete the web interview agreement form in the portal prior to the interview? I assumed yes, but had received no instructions from about it and wanted to confirm.
Mine has my interview date. Maybe they are working on assigning you a date now and you'll have something in a day or so. Did you get the email yet saying you're assigned a date?Also my portal has an interview tab added. However, when I click on it it is blank? Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes I got an email with an assigned date. I also filled out the virtual acknowledgment form a while back but I have a new tab that says "Web Interview" with another form to fill out. Did you fill this one out as well? Thank you so much for helping me; I really appreciate it!!Should've gotten an email too. You have 7 days to return it or they may cancel your interview. They don't mess around cause they almost cancelled my II for not turning in the grad app and virtual acknowledgement form in 7 days.
Mine has my interview date. Maybe they are working on assigning you a date now and you'll have something in a day or so. Did you get the email yet saying you're assigned a date?
I don't remember what it is off the top of my head, but there is a minimum GPA/MCAT to be offered an interview for the UMP prior to matriculation. It is a scholarly concentration. Per the IUSM website, you apply during fall/winter. If you have a concentration you are interested in then you rank the campuses accordingly (ie put the campus with the concentration you want to pursue as your first choice). So yes, it is possible to get into the program via the regular acceptance route.Is it also possible to go into the UMP program through the regular acceptance route? I don't know what criteria they use for UMP but I didn't get an II that route, but am highly interested in it and have experience working with underserved. From last year's thread looks like it's a scholarly concentration maybe? Some say can apply to the program during time there or before starting MS1. Looking at the website says I can ask for consideration. Do I wait till after my II? I'm so confused.
I haven't but I have that form too. Looks like just a general acknowledgement saying not our problem if something goes wrong and your interview gets screwed up.Yes I got an email with an assigned date. I also filled out the virtual acknowledgment form a while back but I have a new tab that says "Web Interview" with another form to fill out. Did you fill this one out as well? Thank you so much for helping me; I really appreciate it!!
oh man, we can't start this just yet! lol you're gonna raise the collective blood pressure of the thread!1 week till the 15th. I don't wanna get my hopes high![]()
I had a panel interview and wrote one letter with all of the interviewers names on itHey all, just did my interview and was wondering if anyone submitted thank you letters to the portal.
If you did and you had a panel interview, did you submit one for each person on the panel or just one thank you letter to both/all interviewers for the interview experience as a whole?
I had a panel and wrote 3 different letters, but I'm not sure if that was necessaryHey all, just did my interview and was wondering if anyone submitted thank you letters to the portal.
If you did and you had a panel interview, did you submit one for each person on the panel or just one thank you letter to both/all interviewers for the interview experience as a whole?
In the last year thread, there was a person receiving an acceptance to the regular admission while their scholarly concentration application remained under consideration. I don't think they updated if they ended up getting into the program or not but at least it was an acceptance.Has anyone applied to one of the special programs (UMP or RMEP) and been rejected to the special program but still accepted to the regular MD program? Or heard of that happening?
I was under the impression that being rejected for UMP/RMEP wouldn't kill your app for the regular admissions pool, but I wanted to check.
15th was Sunday and 16th was MLK day (post office closed) so I think earliest will be tomorrow or Thursday.Anyone receive anything in the mail today?
And by that point it's pretty much already time to start freaking out about February acceptances!Also to add on, the 22nd is a Sunday too. So not sure if the portal will update then, so maybe the portal may update on the 23rd on Monday.
Nothing for me. 20 mins from campusAnything today?
Anything today?
Nothing here and I’m 34 mins from campusAnything today?
nothing here and im 5 hour flight away from campusNothing here and I’m 34 mins from campus
groupme.com
Nothing with ‘a piece of mail without a photo’anyone else got something in informed delivery today? it's probably some bs magazine buttttt
Nothing and I’m 30 min from campus
Should've asked this during your interview. 🙂Did IU omit their drug screen? I haven't seen anything about it on any of the acceptance stuff
I had one yesterday, and it was a stupid catalogueanyone else got something in informed delivery today? it's probably some bs magazine buttttt
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.