2022-2023 Indiana

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I love how instead of IUSM simply notifying us of their monthly decision, we have to use "image not available" informed delivery notifications as an indicator that we MIGHT have gotten accepted. If only there was some system they could use that would notify everyone at the same time regardless of where they live... can't think of anything that could do that. /s

After interviewing with other schools, IUSM is most definitely wayyyy behind the curve when it comes to communication. Hell I can text the admissions department at one of my schools. Per my friends who currently attend, it doesn't stop here either.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk. 🙂 Vent over.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Y'all. Got the A after interviewing 8/31. I did not even think this would happen, I was ready to be hit with WL. Also had no indication on informed delivery. IS on their FOURTH application cycle. Jesus Christ.
OMG Congrats! I think this gives some of us hope that we can still be accepted even after interviewing a while ago. I can't imagine the anxiety ou had all these months of waiting.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone else feel like the acceptances this application cycle have been low? I mean IU enrolls 365 students each cycle, probably 450-500 acceptances total and we only had 2 posted on here this month? Maybe I am just hope-searching, but I think there should be a ton more acceptances flowing soon right?
SDN is such a small sample size that outside of just general dates of when II and As are given out we really can’t draw much from it. Perhaps all the people who are getting As just aren’t on SDN or just aren’t posting. Hopefully next month we start seeing movement. Based on last year you’ll know around end of April at the latest if WL or R if haven’t been accepted before.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also MSTP R two days ago, Interviewed 2/8. The email definitely implies there is still MD only consideration!
 
Last edited:
Do you think because we were just rejected from the MSTP and the last round of As comes out this week for the MD program, the adcoms didn't get to review our MD application? I'm desperate rn with no As from any program lol
I was wondering this myself because I was so disappointed lol, but I really feel like if they liked us/our application then they would've waited to hit us with the R until they heard from the MD program 🙁 and I feel you, patiently (or not so much) waiting for these waitlists to get moving
 
I was wondering this myself because I was so disappointed lol, but I really feel like if they liked us/our application then they would've waited to hit us with the R until they heard from the MD program 🙁 and I feel you, patiently (or not so much) waiting for these waitlists to get moving
Yea Indiana was a great fit for my research interests and my interview went well. No idea why I just just outright rejected...
 
Do you think because we were just rejected from the MSTP and the last round of As comes out this week for the MD program, the adcoms didn't get to review our MD application? I'm desperate rn with no As from any program lol
Wait this just made me so anxious 🙁 How do you know the last round is this week? Did they say that somewhere or are we going based on patterns from previous years?
 
I was accepted a few months ago but certiphi hasn't reached out to me for a background check. Is there any way I can start the process myself?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad