2022-2023 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview scheduled today- 8/31.
Congrats! Just curious, do you have your CASPER score and your LOR marked as complete in the portal? Mine are not yet, so I'm wondering if I won't hear back about a specific date until these are marked complete.

Congrats! Just curious, do you have your CASPER score and your LOR marked as complete in the portal? Mine are not yet, so I'm wondering if I won't hear back about a specific date until these are marked complete.
Thanks! And yeah, everything's marked complete. I don't think they need to be marked complete prior to interview scheduling, though. I'm guessing they'll send out a batch of scheduling notifications throughout the week for 8/31.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How do we tell them about our ties to Indiana if there is not secondary portal, and what is considered strong ties for IU

Reactions: 1 users
For the Dean's letter, does an e-signature (like one from Adobe Acrobat that you have saved) work for IU? Anybody know?

For the Dean's letter, does an e-signature (like one from Adobe Acrobat that you have saved) work for IU? Anybody know?

That’s what I did and they marked my Deans letter as received no problem.

I got my interview date without LORs marked complete. You'll get your date soon too!

How do we fill out the prereqs section of the secondary? I dont see anywhere to fill this out on the secondary, but it says it's missing from my file.

How do we fill out the prereqs section of the secondary? I dont see anywhere to fill this out on the secondary, but it says it's missing from my file.
It is queued for update automatically once you have paid the graduate application fee of $70. Mine took a couple of days.

This is what it says on the status page: "The Letters of Recommendation and Prerequisites will be queued for review after the Graduate Application Fee has been paid. Before the review is complete, these requirements may appear not received or not fulfilled."

anyone submitted primary for over month and still no download?

Reactions: 2 users
anyone submitted primary for over month and still no download?
yeah, I was verified in May so my app should have went out day 1 and truly I haven't heard a thing from IU

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, current student here. Let me know if I can help answer any questions about IU! It’s a great program and I love it here. Good luck to everyone!

For the Deans letter do we need to actually hsve it signed by the dean of our undergraduate institution?! can it be signed by the dean of our graduate school institution?

Do they check our recommendations before giving out the II or after (I got it on 8/6)

Congrats to everyone getting IIs!
I'm OOS and have not heard a peep from IU. Primary was verified on 7/14 and haven't even received a confirmation email. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to everyone getting IIs!
I'm OOS and have not heard a peep from IU. Primary was verified on 7/14 and haven't even received a confirmation email. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Verified 7/7, OOS haven’t heard anything

For the Deans letter do we need to actually hsve it signed by the dean of our undergraduate institution?! can it be signed by the dean of our graduate school institution?
Someone please answer my question lol. I graduated from undergrad over 5 years ago

I still haven't gotten an interview scheduled. IS with an invitation on 07/20.

I still haven't gotten an interview scheduled. IS with an invitation on 07/20.
I am in the same boat, got II on 7/22 but wasn't scheduled yet. Everything is checked off except LOR. OOS

Received app downloaded email yesterday after they received my primary on 07/29! Do you only receive access to the portal if you're selected for an II?

Bruh I sent them my primary in June and they just confirmed receipt today

Starting interview prep today- what are 8/31 interviewees doing to prepare?

Last edited:
Is the application receipt notification email different than the downloaded email? I received the app receipt notification email 7/13, but haven't heard anything :/

Is the application receipt notification email different than the downloaded email? I received the app receipt notification email 7/13, but haven't heard anything :/

The application receipt email is that same thing people are referring to as the “app downloaded” email. After you submit, IU will send application receipt email once they have downloaded your app. For me, I got an interview invite 10 days after the receipt/download email.

I applied RD, still haven't gotten any confirmation that they received my application. Can anyone relate?

Submitted day 1 (verified 6/9) and finally downloaded today! LORs weren’t in until 7/13 though, if that matters at all. OOS no ties

Any advice for the interview? Mine is scheduled for 8/31
  • Practice - practice answers to questions, practice having questions for interviewers, practice keeping your cool and what to do if your mind goes blank/you get nervous. Practice with family, friends, your premed office interviewers, etc.
  • Have concrete answers as to why this field, this role, and why Indiana.
  • Have a general awareness of the program and why you would choose to go here if accepted
  • Know what you wrote for your medical school application
  • Dress professionally - and also be professional to everyone around you.
  • Deep breaths, you've made it this far. Something in your application says you'd be a good fit for this profession and program so be confident.
  • Get enough sleep and get there early if you get lost (if interviews are in person).
Good luck!

Reactions: 6 users
  • Practice - practice answers to questions, practice having questions for interviewers, practice keeping your cool and what to do if your mind goes blank/you get nervous. Practice with family, friends, your premed office interviewers, etc.
  • Have concrete answers as to why this field, this role, and why Indiana.
  • Have a general awareness of the program and why you would choose to go here if accepted
  • Know what you wrote for your medical school application
  • Dress professionally - and also be professional to everyone around you.
  • Deep breaths, you've made it this far. Something in your application says you'd be a good fit for this profession and program so be confident.
  • Get enough sleep and get there early if you get lost (if interviews are in person).
Good luck!
Anything you would have differently/wish you had known beforehand for the interview? I've heard knowing the ACGME competencies are important, but besides doing practice questions I'm not sure if there are any other things I should know.

II OOS today, app downloaded 8/3. Anyone else having trouble getting the graduate application to open? The link seems to be broken for me.

My friend said the same thing! It must be an issue with the site
^^Said friend called admissions, and they said that the website is down right now, but they'll "get it back up and running soon." They also mentioned that they won't be cancelling any apps if your 7 days runs out while it's down either!

Hmmm still have not received anything from IU. OOS and was verified 7/15