You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Indiana
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Rejected just now 513/3.94 OOS No ties
Maybe it was a mistake applying here without any connections to the school or the state. I feel that too, just got the rejection
was your app downloaded before or no?Maybe it was a mistake applying here without any connections to the school or the state. I feel that too, just got the rejection
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I’m a bit confused…Indiana doesn’t have a secondary so how can you demonstrate ties as an OOS applicant? Aside from mentioning them in W&A section of primary…
FloatingAbyss
Full Member
So I’m a bit confused…Indiana doesn’t have a secondary so how can you demonstrate ties as an OOS applicant? Aside from mentioning them in W&A section of primary…
+ 1, I have ties but did not mention it anywhere
For people with Rs, did your app get download before the R?
OOS R, downloaded 7/19was your app downloaded before or no?
For those of you guys who have the interview scheduled already. If you go to the web interview tab in the portal, there is an agreement that we can sign. However, they haven't said anything about this in the email - they only asked to send back the signed paper form. Are y'all signing this web form?
stressed&caffeinated
Full Member
I did - it actually tells you who you is interviewing you after you sign it!For those of you guys who have the interview scheduled already. If you go to the web interview tab in the portal, there is an agreement that we can sign. However, they haven't said anything about this in the email - they only asked to send back the signed paper form. Are y'all signing this web form?
bakersdozen13
Full Member
I haven't either. No app downloaded email or anything. OOS, verified 7/18. Anyone contacted admissions?Hmmm still have not received anything from IU. OOS and was verified 7/15
OOS verified 7/11 and nothing. Think they just have a big backlog and are downloading in seemingly random orderI haven't either. No app downloaded email or anything. OOS, verified 7/18. Anyone contacted admissions?
cranjismcbasketball
Full Member
Just checking - for those of you who have emailed admissions and heard back from them, what email did you use? I emailed them 5 days ago and haven't heard back. They're probably just very busy but wanted to make sure I'm using the correct email
Interview scheduled for 9/7, II received 7/22
For those of you that recently had your interview scheduled, did you have your photo uploaded to the portal beforehand?
sweetbubble414
Full Member
YesFor those of you that recently had your interview scheduled, did you have your photo uploaded to the portal beforehand?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 (LOR)OOS Interview Scheduled this morning for 9/7. Received an interview invite on 7/20.
Note: my LOR requirement is still marked as an X and not a check mark.
ConsumerOfCoins
Full Member
I've been downloaded for a while but no R or II. Maybe they're challenging my mental fortitude.
FloatingAbyss
Full Member
I've been downloaded for a while but no R or II. Maybe they're challenging my mental fortitude.
+ 1 haha
Where do you list shadowing info? Or is this something they lift from primary?Does anyone know how strict IU is with their "shadowing 3 physicians" requirement. I have 2 lol
How do they review pre-reqs? Do you enter into portal or is this lifted from primary? I’m very confused on IU’s process.The admissions committee has to manually review LORs, pre-reqs, and other items that we were required to submit. It'll take some time for them to review your pre-reqs, although if it's still like that later in the cycle I might reach out to them via email.
stressed&caffeinated
Full Member
Both shadowing and pre-reqs lifted from primaryHow do they review pre-reqs? Do you enter into portal or is this lifted from primary? I’m very confused on IU’s process.
tumbleweed455
Full Member
They dodoes anyone know if IU accepts updates? my app was just downloaded and i want to let them know that i am starting a new clinical job since submitting the primary
tumbleweed455
Full Member
IU is infamous for ghosting, I interviewed last cycle and not a peep until seven months afterI've been downloaded for a while but no R or II. Maybe they're challenging my mental fortitude.
FloatingAbyss
Full Member
They do
Would you just send an email? I’m in same boat (downloaded) and also have a new job I’d like to tell them about
Update: I received an interview invite on 7/20, and my LOR were just marked complete today, so it took around a month, even though I had everything else in already. Don't panic if it takes awhile for yours to get put in too! I think they're just slow when it comes to LORWhen did you get your interview invite? I got mine on 7/20, and I paid the graduate fee the next day. The portal now says that my graduate fee was received yesterday, but my LOR and prereqs still say incomplete even though it's been a week...I have applied to IUSM before so I know I have the pre-reqs, and my LOR say received when I click on the document status page, just not the regular status page?
furryllama22
Full Member
i just received an email for their urban medicine program, do they only send this out to select applicants? does this mean i'm anywhere close to a II either :') i have no clue what's going on
cranjismcbasketball
Full Member
I'm pretty sure other people in this thread/past threads said to submit a response to that email ASAP. Most got II's after, congrats!!i just received an email for their urban medicine program, do they only send this out to select applicants? does this mean i'm anywhere close to a II either :') i have no clue what's going on
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Application received verified 6/29. Maybe there's hope for early submitters yet. LM and WARS below.
cranjismcbasketball
Full Member
For anyone who has heard back about an II or an R so far: What was your turnaround time from the app downloaded email to when you heard back from them?
II: july 18th downloaded email to july 26th IIFor anyone who has heard back about an II or an R so far: What was your turnaround time from the app downloaded email to when you heard back from them?
App downloaded: 7/12For anyone who has heard back about an II or an R so far: What was your turnaround time from the app downloaded email to when you heard back from them?
II received: 7/20
II date received: 8/11
IS, RD
I am very confused about the portal, can anyone help?
So I have submitted my supplemental to IU for their UMP, but in the status tab almost everything is marked incomplete and I don't know where to submit the graduate application fee. I was expecting to get some auto-generated email after I submitted but not a peep from the school. What should I do next? Thanks, guys 🙂
So I have submitted my supplemental to IU for their UMP, but in the status tab almost everything is marked incomplete and I don't know where to submit the graduate application fee. I was expecting to get some auto-generated email after I submitted but not a peep from the school. What should I do next? Thanks, guys 🙂
I emailed them about one a couple of days ago no response.does anyone know if IU accepts updates? my app was just downloaded and i want to let them know that i am starting a new clinical job since submitting the primary
Downloaded 7/9 and they sent me a confirmation email on 7/25 saying they will notify me of a decision. Nothing yet.I've been downloaded for a while but no R or II. Maybe they're challenging my mental fortitude.
tumbleweed455
Full Member
Have they sent you an interview invite yet? The checklist only applies after you've received an interview invite and they'll send you an email with instructions for paying the graduate fee. If you're just submitting your urban or rural application you don't have to worry about the checklist yet.I am very confused about the portal, can anyone help?
So I have submitted my supplemental to IU for their UMP, but in the status tab almost everything is marked incomplete and I don't know where to submit the graduate application fee. I was expecting to get some auto-generated email after I submitted but not a peep from the school. What should I do next? Thanks, guys 🙂
How long does it take for them to mark prerequisites as complete?
No not yet. I just submitted the UMP application and I was expecting to get more instructions afterward but not a peep lol. Thanks for the reply! Hopefully they get things moving soonHave they sent you an interview invite yet? The checklist only applies after you've received an interview invite and they'll send you an email with instructions for paying the graduate fee. If you're just submitting your urban or rural application you don't have to worry about the checklist yet.
sweatshirtblanket
Full Member
has anyone with the original II notification from around 7/29 been able to schedule their interview? or seen more of their portal get checked off?
I was literally coming to ask the same thing. I received my II 7/26 and still haven't received notification of when my interview is. Wasn't sure when I should reach out and ask them about ithas anyone with the original II notification from around 7/29 been able to schedule their interview? or seen more of their portal get checked off?
My portal is basically complete minus pre-reqs and still no invite 🙁I was literally coming to ask the same thing. I received my II 7/26 and still haven't received notification of when my interview is. Wasn't sure when I should reach out and ask them about it
I have everything checked off except the LOR's. I got my II on 7/26.My portal is basically complete minus pre-reqs and still no invite 🙁
primary verified: 8/15
app downloaded: 8/16
II: 8/22
510/3.3 GPA (3.75 post bacc)
in state, attended undergrad and post bacc at IU
app downloaded: 8/16
II: 8/22
510/3.3 GPA (3.75 post bacc)
in state, attended undergrad and post bacc at IU
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ConsumerOfCoins
Full Member
I think the primary selection factor was your killer SDN usernameprimary verified: 8/15
app downloaded: 8/16
II: 8/22
510/3.3 GPA (3.75 post bacc)
in state, attended undergrad and post bacc at IU
you have no idea how much that means to me, trulyI think the primary selection factor was your killer SDN username
cranjismcbasketball
Full Member
Has anybody else's app been downloaded for a while? It's been over two weeks and I'm sad that this will end up being an R
D
deleted1036421
I know this might be really stupid to ask - but I submitted my primary on July 20th and completed my Casper august 12th. Would it be awhile until I get any email that my app is complete?
dideperfect123
Full Member
Anyone else OOS submitted around 7/7 and not even have app downloaded?