2022-2023 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just to add on to the train, I have heard back something from 13 of my 26 schools. I have 2 pre-II holds, 4 pre-II rejections, and 7 IIs.

3 WLs have resulted from my first three interviews and I have 4 more left to hear from! But, of course, silence from the remaining 13 (including SKMC). I sense good luck in the coming weeks, though!
Seriously 7 II is amazing!! Congrats and I'm sure you'll get an A this spring!!!
Mind if I ask what your stats are / when you applied to most schools:)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Ach I haven't heard back from like 35 schools that were in my range. Staying hopeful that ill get a few more II's this cycle.
Same - nearly all the schools that haven't responded are <= my range so I'm holding out hope, but we'll see...

Reactions: 1 users
Seriously 7 II is amazing!! Congrats and I'm sure you'll get an A this spring!!!
Mind if I ask what your stats are / when you applied to most schools:)

Sure! And a big thanks to everyone in this thread for the well-wishes, I wish you all the same and to see you all in class this fall!

I am non-trad (27 years old) with a cGPA of 3.79 and a sGPA of about 3.70, I think. I have about 3000 hours of research and maybe 2000 service hours through City Year and various efforts since.

Marked complete at all schools in July (except for Quinnipiac which slapped me with the “you never gave us your CASPER” email in October, iykyk).

White male with DC residence, so no in-state schools, but spent my whole life before in NC!

Edit: MCAT 513, LM ~69.9

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
complete silence from this school since being completed 7/7. Anyone else?

Reactions: 6 users
Sure! And a big thanks to everyone in this thread for the well-wishes, I wish you all the same and to see you all in class this fall!

I am non-trad (27 years old) with a cGPA of 3.79 and a sGPA of about 3.70, I think. I have about 3000 hours of research and maybe 2000 service hours through City Year and various efforts since.

Marked complete at all schools in July (except for Quinnipiac which slapped me with the “you never gave us your CASPER” email in October, iykyk).

White male with DC residence, so no in-state schools, but spent my whole life before in NC!

Edit: MCAT 513, LM ~69.9

Omg hello fellow non-trad! I'm also a 27yo non-trad! It's great to see other non trad applicants! Also our stats are almost identical .

Here I was thinking I was rare for being 27 and applying. I guess not really. I was also at the 12/10 info session. :)

• Love
Did anybody else get hit with the pre-II R today as well 😭

Reactions: 3 users
Did anybody else get hit with the pre-II R today as well 😭
I haven't heard anything regarding that for today. Nonetheless, I'm sorry to hear that! Did you just receive it or was it from earlier today?

Members don't see this ad :)
If the waitlist movement begins in early May, how should I plan timing a final update letter/reaffirmation of intent, sending it a month prior?

Does everyone else's under Status tab say "Application is under review"? I just wonder because other schools that have the similar format of website doesn't say this for me.

Does everyone else's under Status tab say "Application is under review"? I just wonder because other schools that have the similar format of website doesn't say this for me.
different schools use different things

Got put on the HPWL today...

Last edited:
Got put on the HPWL today...
Sending positive vibes! Hopefully there’s some movement for you soon!! You’re high so that’s good, it’ll only be a matter of time, hopefully!! Do you mind me asking when you interviewed?

Sending positive vibes! Hopefully there’s some movement for you soon!! You’re high so that’s good, it’ll only be a matter of time, hopefully!! Do you mind me asking when you interviewed?
Last wednesday

Has anyone not heard back yet (no Pre II R or Hold), applied July? Is this a silent R?

Reactions: 10 users
Any current students know if people enter off this "high priority" waitlist, and if there is even another waitlist to be on?

Any current students know if people enter off this "high priority" waitlist, and if there is even another waitlist to be on?
Not a current student but:
1) Yes, according to a student I know, there's about a 30% acceptance rate off the HPWL
2) There is another waitlist ("Alternate Waitlist" or AWL).

As the person above said, yep! Don't lose hope just yet. A decent chunk of the people in my class got in off the HPWL - and I remember when I first got accepted, a good amount of people in the accepted student's groupme chat left saying they were attending other schools.

As for the exact odds or numbers, I couldn't say - but know that there is a good amount of movement from the HPWL.

Just clarifying, the first medium for acceptance is through phone calls and not emails, right?

Just clarifying, the first medium for acceptance is through phone calls and not emails, right?
The dean will call you and then send an email later in the day -- that is what happened to me, at least

It's Wednesday! Anyone think we should hear anything today?

Not a current student but:
1) Yes, according to a student I know, there's about a 30% acceptance rate off the HPWL
2) There is another waitlist ("Alternate Waitlist" or AWL).
I wonder if that affects the 56% post-II A rate. Or is it 56% post-II A, then some X% of the remaining 44% of interviewees get waitlisted in the high-priority category where you have a new 30% chance of getting an A. I need to look at the MSAR again.

A received yesterday. Got a phone call, they left a voicemail and an email. !!!
Now to find out about financial aid- does anyone know if offers come out before the spring or will there be a long wait?

Reactions: 4 users
Now to find out about financial aid- does anyone know if offers come out before the spring or will there be a long wait?
financial aid should come out in spring, but I did get a call abt a nice scholarship the other day.

Congratulations!! That’s amazing! Can I ask when you interviewed?

Does the 60% post-II acceptance rate include HPWL acceptances?
I believe the consensus is that the post-II Acceptance % from the sheet includes waitlist movement. So schools with a lot of it will have their acceptance % inflated. Schools with little will have an outright acceptance % close to the reported one to the US News sheet