You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Jefferson (Kimmel)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes. You’ll have to send it via email. Instructions and the email to send it to are found here (Frequently Asked Questions) under the “How do I maintain contact and demonstrate interest in my application to SKMC?” tabDoes SKMC allow applicants to send an update letter in any way? Because I submitted my secondary 7/29 and I have still heard nothing back.
wantabedoctor
Full Member
Do we think they are done sending II’s?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where did you find this information?I wonder if that affects the 56% post-II A rate. Or is it 56% post-II A, then some X% of the remaining 44% of interviewees get waitlisted in the high-priority category where you have a new 30% chance of getting an A. I need to look at the MSAR again.
Just got the A!!! So excited! interviewed 12/14!
Got placed in HPWL today (if that’s what we’re abbreviating it as). Does anybody know how many get into the high priority category?
Interviewed the 11th.
Almost everyone that has reported their post-II WL decision on SKMC thread over the years got into the HPWL. However I do know there's a normal waitlist (because I was placed in the regular alternate list back in 2020). But I wish you the best buddy!
Not sure but whoever does make one, count me in!!!Does anyone know if there's a facebook group or groupme made yet?
Just so you know the network is experiencing outages. Jeff sent out a text notification this morning for their employees about it and I'm guessing it unfortunately also hit the SKMC websites. Hopefully its back soon! Go birds. Also they do accept updates. I sent one in before my II.do they accept pre-ii updates here? nothing about it on the portal and for some reason i cant load their site at all this morning
D
deleted1150307
They do accept updates but they are accepted through email, not on the portal. I used this email, [email protected]do they accept pre-ii updates here? nothing about it on the portal and for some reason i cant load their site at all this morning
Portal and websites back up for those that needed it. IT dept just told me things should be getting back to normal. 😊
thank you!They do accept updates but they are accepted through email, not on the portal. I used this email, [email protected]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HalfManHalfShark
Full Member
We still got Feb and possibly some of March to receive and II from this schoolI sent my completed secondary to Jefferson on 7/18, and I haven't heard anything back since. I then sent a letter of interest on 1/7, and haven't heard anything back either. Is this basically just a soft rejection at this point?
PSA you can find the admitted students FB page here at the very bottom of the website: https://www.jefferson.edu/academics...itutes/skmc/admissions/admitted-students.html
appleskin29
Full Member
Ayyyy we get ipads!PSA you can find the admitted students FB page here at the very bottom of the website: https://www.jefferson.edu/academics...itutes/skmc/admissions/admitted-students.html
oldfactorynotolfactory
Full Member
For those of you who have sent updates, can i ask how it shows up on your communications tab?
Congrats!!!Just got the A!! Interviewed 12/14.
MEDSCHOOL 14
Full Member
Anyone know if there’s an accepted students day?
Yes, but it's virtualAnyone know if there’s an accepted students day?
Kinda funny to make interviews in-person and 2nd look virtualYes, but it's virtual
MindQuad
Full Member
Hello! I have been on a pre-interview hold for a while now, no communication or emails for a few months. Does anyone know if Jefferson accepts updates/LOI for pre-interview applicants? If so, should I send them via an email? I do not see anywhere in the portal to upload documents. Thank you for the help!
If you go on the accepted students page here: https://www.jefferson.edu/academics...itutes/skmc/admissions/admitted-students.htmlNot sure but whoever does make one, count me in!!!
You can find the group's Facebook page. I have no idea about GroupMe but would love to join one!
Cookiemonster22
Full Member
have they been doing any pre-II updates here (hold or R), anyone else not receive anything if so?
Some pre-II R's have been reported here. On my end, it has been silence.have they been doing any pre-II updates here (hold or R), anyone else not receive anything if so?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
adg30
Full Member
Haven't heard a thinghave they been doing any pre-II updates here (hold or R), anyone else not receive anything if so?
D
deleted1146332
Anybody know if theres any interviews left? Contemplating sending a pre-II update
It’s always worth itAnybody know if theres any interviews left? Contemplating sending a pre-II update
I have my interview coming up here in a couple weeks. Any tips?
randomhumanapplying2022
Full Member
I also am in the same boat with radio silence!Haven't heard a thing
Is the faculty interview 30 min or 1 hour?
30 min for faculty and 30 min for studentIs the faculty interview 30 min or 1 hour?
30 minIs the faculty interview 30 min or 1 hour?
Hurley2001
New Member
If anyone has info or advice on what students do for off campus housing, please message me thank you!
thisishardenough
Full Member
what did you ask about on the phone? I want to call but am nervous to come off too enthusiasticCompleted my secondary in mid July, didn't hear anything, sent letter of interest in early Jan, didn't hear anything, called the admissions office to check in two days ago, just recieved an II.
There is hope yet my dudes
adg30
Full Member
I actually called to ask if I should view my application as a soft rejection at this pt lol. After I said that though, the woman in the admissions office looked up my app to check its status and told me I checked a lot of their boxes (Lizzy M 84 and in state resident, who did undergrad at drexel). I then just talked to her a bit about how jefferson was my dream school and if I got in there, I'd turn down every other school. From there, she said she could bring my application to Dean LoSasso herself to review, which is what I'm guessing finally pushed things over the edge to get me the II.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
adg30
Full Member
Quick warning to anyone else considering calling, know that I may have just gotten really lucky with the admissions person I called. I say that because since yesterday a couple people have dm'd me saying that apparently they got pretty cold responses from the admissions office workers. If you wanna just shoot you shot at this pt like I did cuz you got nothing else to lose go ahead, but just know it may not go perfect
And this is why adcoms prefer keeping minimum communication. Do something for anyone, and now you'll get dozens of extra calls asking for the same.Quick warning to anyone else considering calling, know that I may have just gotten really lucky with the admissions person I called. I say that because since yesterday a couple people have dm'd me saying that apparently they got pretty cold responses from the admissions office workers. If you wanna just shoot you shot at this pt like I did cuz you got nothing else to lose go ahead, but just know it may not go perfect
pleaseacceptme1
Full Member
Does anyone remember if we can send thank you letters to our interviewers directly, or if admissions asked us to send to them and they would forward?
I sent mine directly.Does anyone remember if we can send thank you letters to our interviewers directly, or if admissions asked us to send to them and they would forward?
Does anyone remember what admissions said about post interview updates?