You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Jefferson (Kimmel)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1147188
Congrats!!Got the call from Dean of Admissions!!!! A, interviewed 11/29-30, MD/PhD program
LETS GOOOOOO PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS
weddingsoupfan
New Member
got the A call, interviewed 11/16! First A and it's not feeling real, but still feeling lucky to be welcomed into such a freakin' awesome program ^>^
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MEDSCHOOL 14
Full Member
Were you able to push up your interview? Congrats!!!got the A call, interviewed 11/16! First A and it's not feeling real, but still feeling lucky to be welcomed into such a freakin' awesome program ^>^
weddingsoupfan
New Member
when i selected there was like a singular random spot left in 2022 :^p pretty sure someone else withdrew their spot & it opened, was very fortunate with timing!Were you able to push up your interview? Congrats!!!
There’s a lot to unpack here. If there’s something wrong with the school’s administration that can negatively impact students to a potentially large extent, why not say that now rather than later? There are a lot of aspects that prospective applicants consider throughout this process and if there was something that could shift one’s perspective of a school that they’ve applied to, then it would be better for them to be aware of it in order to reach a logical decision.Within the next several weeks, I'm going let you all in on some of the awful things that the administration puts students through. You all deserve to know before making a decision. Until then, best of luck to all.
That’s just my takeaway from what you’ve stated.
Last edited:
MEDSCHOOL 14
Full Member
Just trying to scare people for no reason it seems like. If they had something to say it would be better to just say it.There’s a lot to unpack here. If there’s something wrong with school’s administration that can negatively impact students to a potentially large extent, why not say that now rather than later? There are a lot of aspects that prospective applicants consider throughout this process and if there was something that could shift one’s perspective of a school that they’ve applied to, then it would be better for them to be aware of it in order to reach a logical decision.
That’s just my takeaway from what you’ve stated.
That could be true, but there might also be some validity to their claim. But as long as there’s no evidence to back it up, then nothing is absolutely certain about it for the time being.Just trying to scare people for no reason it seems like. If they had something to say it would be better to just say it.
Within the next several weeks, I'm going let you all in on some of the awful things that the administration puts students through. You all deserve to know before making a decision. Until then, best of luck to all.
I'm an M2 and I would encourage people to keep in mind, even if this person's experience with admin was bad (if it's even true?), I know no one in my class who is truly dissatisfied with JeffMD and the admin so far. Obviously some people have small, insignificant issues with admin, but I'm pretty sure this would be the case in every school. Everyone I know is overall satisfied with Jeff.
But I'm actually curious - what kinds of awful things did they put you through?
Last edited:
Would you mind sharing some of the "insignificant issues" that you can think of? Jeff is absolutely my top choice program and I'm 99.9% sure I will matriculate. Still want to see if there is anything I should know ahead of time and better prepare.I'm an M2 and I would encourage people to keep in mind, even if this person's experience with admin was bad (if it's even true?), I know no one in my class who is truly dissatisfied with JeffMD and the admin so far. Obviously some people have small, insignificant issues with admin, but I'm pretty sure this would be the case in every school. Everyone I know is overall satisfied with Jeff.
But I'm actually curious - what kinds of awful things did they put you through?
Also for the person who said they are sharing something "awful". It's not funny to hang people mid air, while making a big claim. There are already a ton of stress that people are going through in the cycle. If confidentiality is an issue feel free to make a new account and post (I know that's against SDN rules lol). Spill the tea!
Would you mind sharing some of the "insignificant issues" that you can think of? Jeff is absolutely my top choice program and I'm 99.9% sure I will matriculate. Still want to see if there is anything I should know ahead of time and better prepare.
Also for the person who said they are sharing something "awful". It's not funny to hang people mid air, while making a big claim. There are already a ton of stress that people are going through in the cycle. If confidentiality is an issue feel free to make a new account and post (I know that's against SDN rules lol). Spill the tea!
I honestly can't even really think of any because they're that insignificant. The things I'm talking about that some people can get frustrated with are things like..."why is ___ run this way" or "____ is kind of pointless." No one I know has any real issues with admin or how things are run. Yeah, I guess we wish some things were run differently. But we submit feedback for that and admin actually changes things for us or for the following classes if it's feasible and reasonable.
If Jeff is your top choice for your own personal reasons, I'd say definitely come here - myself and pretty much everyone I know are super satisfied with Jeff.
yeah I think that's definitely the vibe I got from the interview days! Like everyone is super chill and friendly, and definitely not just one person mentioned to me that admin usually takes student feedback very seriously. I feel like all student I met were more or less very happy and satisfied with where they are (compared to other places I interviewed at) so that's a big plus for me.I honestly can't even really think of any because they're that insignificant. The things I'm talking about that some people can get frustrated with are things like..."why is ___ run this way" or "____ is kind of pointless." No one I know has any real issues with admin or how things are run. Yeah, I guess we wish some things were run differently. But we submit feedback for that and admin actually changes things for us or for the following classes if it's feasible and reasonable.
If Jeff is your top choice for your own personal reasons, I'd say definitely come here - myself and pretty much everyone I know are super satisfied with Jeff.
yeah I think that's definitely the vibe I got from the interview days! Like everyone is super chill and friendly, and definitely not just one person mentioned to me that admin usually takes student feedback very seriously. I feel like all student I met were more or less very happy and satisfied with where they are (compared to other places I interviewed at) so that's a big plus for me.
That's actually one of the big reasons I chose Jeff too lol. The students during interview day and the ones I talked to after seemed really happy.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's actually one of the big reasons I chose Jeff too lol. The students during interview day and the ones I talked to after seemed really happy.
I guess then I will have to ask the question for myself and fellow interested applicants. Are you still happy now? Have you ever regretted and thought about attending somewhere else?😉I agree as well, I chose Jeff as a top choice because a student there mentioned that they really liked it, and they seem to put their students above everything.
II received 11/9! little late on the post but so thrilled
Congratulations!!!Got the call from Dean of Admissions!!!! A, interviewed 11/29-30, MD/PhD program
LETS GOOOOOO PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS
I guess then I will have to ask the question for myself and fellow interested applicants. Are you still happy now? Have you ever regretted and thought about attending somewhere else?😉
I'm definitely still happy and there has not been 1 time where I regretted choosing Jeff over another option I had. I mean maybe if I was given the option to attend Harvard I would LOL but I'm definitely glad I chose Jeff over my other options (some higher ranked options too). There were a few reasons that I chose Jeff over the other schools I got into but I wanted to prioritize happiness during med school and Jeff has yet to disappoint. Whether I'll be disappointed during 3rd and 4th year rotations I'm not sure yet lol but so far, everything's been great.
avividsound_
Full Member
Do you think they’ll release any decisions this week?
MEDSCHOOL 14
Full Member
No, I think they are done until mid JanuaryDo you think they’ll release any decisions this week?
avividsound_
Full Member
No, I think they are done until mid January
Why?
MEDSCHOOL 14
Full Member
If you look at last years thread there was no news between like dec 15 and Jan 16-18Why?
avividsound_
Full Member
If you look at last years thread there was no news between like dec 15 and Jan 16-18
Okok. I interviewed on 11/16 and no response 🙁
MEDSCHOOL 14
Full Member
Probably won’t hear news today for anyone?
“high priority” WL today
MEDSCHOOL 14
Full Member
Do u mind sharing when you interviewed?“high priority” WL today
11/16Do u mind sharing when you interviewed?
Hi - Does anyone know when Jefferson is done sending IIs? Deciding whether to send an update letter and don't want to waste my time if they are done. Thanks and good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’d send it still, doesn’t hurtHi - Does anyone know when Jefferson is done sending IIs? Deciding whether to send an update letter and don't want to waste my time if they are done. Thanks and good luck everyone!
Hi - Does anyone know when Jefferson is done sending IIs? Deciding whether to send an update letter and don't want to waste my time if they are done. Thanks and good luck everyone!
Full send always
MEDSCHOOL 14
Full Member
Are they releasing decisions today?
Got the A yesterday. Interviewed in early December. IS, reapp.Are they releasing decisions today?
I have yet to hear from 26 schools so I'm hoping that's not trueSo... i'm assuming being ghosted since submitting the secondary is pretty much a silent r at this point of the cycle?
sectumsempradoctor
Full Member
Probably not. They likely closed their admissions office for winter break, had skeleton staffing, or could not hold committee meetings for the last 2-3 weeks because of the holidays. They'll likely have some more pre-II R, II, and A/WL activity in the next few weeks. Their website says they interview through March, so stay positive as there is lots of time!So... i'm assuming being ghosted since submitting the secondary is pretty much a silent r at this point of the cycle?
D
deleted1150307
Feeling similarly here, still have not heard from 18 schools. Hopefully there is time until March to hear good newsSo... i'm assuming being ghosted since submitting the secondary is pretty much a silent r at this point of the cycle?
littledogrex
Full Member
Are we all in this boat? Haven't heard from 13 schools. Either February-March will be the mother-load or soul crushing.Feeling similarly here, still have not heard from 18 schools. Hopefully there is time until March to hear good news
And almost all of January still left!Are we all in this boat? Haven't heard from 13 schools. Either February-March will be the mother-load or soul crushing.
Fingers crossed. My MCAT is gonna expire so I'd have to retake it if I reapply againAnd almost all of January still left!
D
deleted1150307
Not sure if because my applications were completed on the later side around the first week of October that I am not hearing back or if it is just the norm to not hear back from most schools. When were you complete at the schools? just 3 more months left for interviews so let us hope and pray it is the "mother-load". Anyways good luck to you and everyone applying this cycle!Are we all in this boat? Haven't heard from 13 schools. Either February-March will be the mother-load or soul crushing.
My applications were complete late august and I've only heard from 6 schools (<20% of my schools).Not sure if because my applications were completed on the later side around the first week of October that I am not hearing back or if it is just the norm to not hear back from most schools. When were you complete at the schools? just 3 more months left for interviews so let us hope and pray it is the "mother-load". Anyways good luck to you and everyone applying this cycle!
D
deleted1150307
yes I only heard from 6 schools as well! one interview decision until early March, 4 pre-II Rs and 1 pre-II hold (I applied to 24 total). Every day now feels so crucial but I am thinking to start preparing for a reapplication at the end of Feb and officially study for MCAT retake mid to late March if I am not accepted by then.My applications were complete late august and I've only heard from 6 schools (<20% of my schools).
Just to add on to the train, I have heard back something from 13 of my 26 schools. I have 2 pre-II holds, 4 pre-II rejections, and 7 IIs.yes I only heard from 6 schools as well! one interview decision until early March, 4 pre-II Rs and 1 pre-II hold (I applied to 24 total). Every day now feels so crucial but I am thinking to start preparing for a reapplication at the end of Feb and officially study for MCAT retake mid to late March if I am not accepted by then.
3 WLs have resulted from my first three interviews and I have 4 more left to hear from! But, of course, silence from the remaining 13 (including SKMC). I sense good luck in the coming weeks, though!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
littledogrex
Full Member
All of my secondaries were complete early-mid August, which I thought would prevent this late cycle anxiety... but I digress. Stay hopeful! Good luck to you.Not sure if because my applications were completed on the later side around the first week of October that I am not hearing back or if it is just the norm to not hear back from most schools. When were you complete at the schools? just 3 more months left for interviews so let us hope and pray it is the "mother-load". Anyways good luck to you and everyone applying this cycle!
7 IIs is insane, nice jobJust to add on to the train, I have heard back something from 13 of my 26 schools. I have 2 pre-II holds, 4 pre-II rejections, and 7 IIs.
3 WLs have resulted from my first three interviews and I have 4 more left to hear from! But, of course, silence from the remaining 13 (including SKMC). I sense good luck in the coming weeks, though!
D
deleted1150307
Thanks for sharing, and congratulations on the interviews, that is awesome! Yes, hopefully, the coming weeks bring good news to everyone and good luck to you I am sure the first acceptance is going to feel so worth it after all!Just to add on to the train, I have heard back something from 13 of my 26 schools. I have 2 pre-II holds, 4 pre-II rejections, and 7 IIs.
3 WLs have resulted from my first three interviews and I have 4 more left to hear from! But, of course, silence from the remaining 13 (including SKMC). I sense good luck in the coming weeks, though!
D
deleted1150307
Thank you, and good luck to you as well!All of my secondaries were complete early-mid August, which I thought would prevent this late cycle anxiety... but I digress. Stay hopeful! Good luck to you.