-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Jefferson (Kimmel)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I would say no, unless you entered an absolutely horrific score. An ACT score is pretty trivial at this point in our lives and most schools don't even ask for it, so I wouldn't worry about it. Updates should be reserved for more significant events and they should ideally be saved for later on in the cycle.i miswrote my ACT for this school, is it worth it to send an update?
isn't sidney kimmel unlimited updates?I would say no, unless you entered an absolutely horrific score. An ACT score is pretty trivial at this point in our lives and most schools don't even ask for it, so I wouldn't worry about it. Updates should be reserved for more significant events and they should ideally be saved for later on in the cycle.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They might be more receptive to them than other schools. Up to you.isn't sidney kimmel unlimited updates?
Has Jefferson gone on hiatus with decision updates :/
D
deleted1139574
Why do you say that?Has Jefferson gone on hiatus with decision updates :/
The SunDance Kid
Full Member
Id guess bc they were shotgunning II out over the past month, but the last week has been fairly silent.Why do you say that?
Well no one has been saying anything latelyWhy do you say that?
D
deleted1139574
Can you please explain shotgunning to me? I didn't know there were different style for giving interviews out.Id guess bc they were shotgunning II out over the past month, but the last week has been fairly silent.
Hm, given that they do things pretty early, it is risky to apply a little late. If your stats are strong enough, it can get some attention for a later application. I'd say apply to another school that matches your experiences with theirs.Do you think it's worth it to apply to Jefferson at this point? I'm adding more schools to my primary. OOS no ties
edit: they already did interviews in early July, so it feels late coming into the party mid-way lol
The SunDance Kid
Full Member
I just used an adjective arbitrarily meaning giving alot of them out. It wasn't a specific system.Can you please explain shotgunning to me? I didn't know there were different style for giving interviews out.
It’s not too late for any MD school except Tulane. Completed at Jeff last year mid-August and received II in late OctoberHm, given that they do things pretty early, it is risky to apply a little late. If your stats are strong enough, it can get some attention for a later application. I'd say apply to another school that matches your experiences with theirs.
edit: they already did interviews in early July, so it feels late coming into the party mid-way lol
Def still apply. Once you hit September it will be too lateDo you think it's worth it to apply to Jefferson at this point? I'm adding more schools to my primary. OOS no ties
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you mean about Tulane?It’s not too late for any MD school except Tulane. Completed at Jeff last year mid-August and received II in late October
most schools have a lot of applicants, if you apply you have a chance, if you don't you have no chance at all. unless cost is an issue, you can most certainly still add schools op 🙂They have a lot of applicants apply there
Tulane is notorious for being favorable to super early applicants. If you submit in mid august, chances are they will not review your app until late Jan/early feb. check out the threads from previous yearsWhat do you mean about Tulane?
Good to know! When was your interview scheduled?It’s not too late for any MD school except Tulane. Completed at Jeff last year mid-August and received II in late October
been there for like 1.5 months now 🙁Hey has anyone got the "under review" status? I can't remember if it was always there or if my application is actually getting reviewed lol.
oos II 🙂
Congrats! Completion date?oos II 🙂
thank u! 6/27Congrats! Completion date?
Looks like it's gonna be a while then 😪been there for like 1.5 months now 🙁
avividsound_
Full Member
Just completed Kimmel today.. IS LM 73 WARS 80. Is it too late for me [emoji24]
D
deleted1139574
Lot of people on SDN might make it seem like you won't get in if you submit anytime after first week july but like its not true. You'll just get an interview invite in September or October instead of AugustJust completed Kimmel today.. IS LM 73 WARS 80. Is it too late for me [emoji24]
SitBackDown.ImSat
Full Member
II on 8/15. Lm: 65, Wars: 75. Complete 7/13.
Dr. LoSasso and Bonnie hosted an open house today, where they mentioned that GPA and MCAT aren't necessarily considered post-interview. This was reinforced by an MS2, involved in admissions, who said they didn't recall seeing an applicant's stats associated with their post-interview review. I hope that's reassuring!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aelinshealer
Full Member
Would you mind summarizing any other important info you learned? I wasn't able to attend today's info session! 🙂Dr. LoSasso and Bonnie hosted an open house today, where they mentioned that GPA and MCAT aren't necessarily considered post-interview. This was reinforced by an MS2, involved in admissions, who said they didn't recall seeing an applicant's stats associated with their post-interview review. I hope that's reassuring!
Most of it was either general application advice like not being cookie cutter, or information about their clubs, organizations, and outreach programs (which can be found on their website). They also provided applicant/interview/acceptance data from 2020:Would you mind summarizing any other important info you learned? I wasn't able to attend today's info session! 🙂
- 11,777 applicants
- 558 applicants interviewed (not interview invites sent)
- 409 acceptances offered
Keep in mind that interviews were virtual.
Last edited:
How did y'all find out about the info session? Are there any more coming up?
Yeah!How did y'all find out about the info session? Are there any more coming up?
aelinshealer
Full Member
Most of it was either general application advice like not being cookie cutter, or information about their clubs, organizations, and outreach programs (which can be found on their website). They also provided applicant/interview/acceptance data from 2020:
- 11,777 applicants
- 558 applicants interviewed (not interview invites sent)
- 409 acceptances offered
Keep in mind that interviews were virtual.
Thank you so much!!
I visted their campus today, and it's very pretty!
PhantomHive7
Full Member
Can someone clarify the COVID-19 question for me?
"What has your own experience informed you about the challenges of providing equitable and inclusive care to future patients? (2500 characters)"
When it says "your own experience" is it asking about specific situations and instances during my clinical experiences that have demonstrated healthcare challenges, or is it asking more broadly about what I've learned about healthcare throughout the pandemic?
"What has your own experience informed you about the challenges of providing equitable and inclusive care to future patients? (2500 characters)"
When it says "your own experience" is it asking about specific situations and instances during my clinical experiences that have demonstrated healthcare challenges, or is it asking more broadly about what I've learned about healthcare throughout the pandemic?
Does anyone have insight into the order in which they review students? I was complete 7/7 and have been "under review" since then but I dont know if they actually are reviewing or nah
D
deleted1139574
What does "under review" mean? I didn't even know adcoms gave a status change like that....Does anyone have insight into the order in which they review students? I was complete 7/7 and have been "under review" since then but I dont know if they actually are reviewing or nah
it says it under the status tab in the secondary app.What does "under review" mean? I didn't even know adcoms gave a status change like that....
complete on 6/26 and have been under review for probably just as long :/ Ig we just keep out fingies crossed and waitDoes anyone have insight into the order in which they review students? I was complete 7/7 and have been "under review" since then but I dont know if they actually are reviewing or nah
Same except 6/24 completeit says it under the status tab in the secondary app.
complete on 6/26 and have been under review for probably just as long :/ Ig we just keep out fingies crossed and wait
D
deleted1139574
Well I was complete 7/29 and my app is under review as well so I don't think it actually means anything?it says it under the status tab in the secondary app.
complete on 6/26 and have been under review for probably just as long :/ Ig we just keep out fingies crossed and wait
avividsound_
Full Member
II 20 MINUTES AGO AYYYYY!!!1!1!
When was your app complete?II 20 MINUTES AGO AYYYYY!!!1!1!
avividsound_
Full Member
When was your app complete?
8/15
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
stats? congrats!!8/15
avividsound_
Full Member
IS 73 LM 81 WARS ORM.
D
deleted1139574
seems like a good idea to meIs it a bad idea to use the "additional information" to address bad grades in undergrad? My Freshman year was like a 1.7 GPA which is a pretty huge stain, but I have an upwards trend + 36 senior-level post-bacc credits at a 3.72 and I'm unsure as to whether I should say anything about this.
D
deleted1137230
been complete since early July- anyone in that position get moved to interviews lately?!
Complete on 6/28 but no news herebeen complete since early July- anyone in that position get moved to interviews lately?!