You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Jefferson (Kimmel)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1144871
omg gibleThey meet and release acceptances on Wednesday!
D
deleted1144871
I think on facebookIs there any sort of group for accepted students yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I do not think they made one quite yet. Last year they started class of 2026 in mid-FebruaryIs there any sort of group for accepted students yet?
omg gible
Haha omg you're the second person that recognizes Gible [emoji1787]!!!
appleskin29
Full Member
Garchomp was a staple on any good Sinnoh teamHaha omg you're the second person that recognizes Gible [emoji1787]!!!
D
deleted1144871
I own the life size garchomp plushie, ofc i would recognize gibleHaha omg you're the second person that recognizes Gible [emoji1787]!!!
Garchomp was a staple on any good Sinnoh team
If we all end up at SKMC, I am gonna find out who you guys are haha!!!I own the life size garchomp plushie, ofc i would recognize gible
We can still start a groupme or something tho, right?I do not think they made one quite yet. Last year they started class of 2026 in mid-February
D
deleted1144871
Honestly, I would not feel interested in joining unofficial groups since I'm not 100% on attending Jeff yet (please give me money).We can still start a groupme or something tho, right?
D
deleted1144871
Btw, on interview day we got the match list from last year's class.I'd highly recommend speaking with 4th year students about their experience here if you're thinking about coming. Especially ask about things like class rank and residency applications
I'm a 4th year studentBtw, on interview day we got the match list from last year's class.
D
deleted1087000
@smax24899 is it collaborative? Or is it secretly really competitive?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know if the "application under review" message is new or if it's always been there? I can't remember if that's what it always was since my app was complete or if it changed 🥲
Mine says that since they say I was marked complete
D
deleted1144871
I was accepted a bit ago and my portal still says that, haha.Anyone know if the "application under review" message is new or if it's always been there? I can't remember if that's what it always was since my app was complete or if it changed 🥲
Anyone who interviewed the week of Oct 17 heard back yet?
Does anyone know if the weekly Friday morning quizzes can be taken remotely? Trying to determine if I might be able to continue an extracurricular that would require me to be off campus on a handful of Fridays during my preclinical years.
They can’t be, but you can drop one quiz a block and file an absent request but doubt they would exempt you for thatDoes anyone know if the weekly Friday morning quizzes can be taken remotely? Trying to determine if I might be able to continue an extracurricular that would require me to be off campus on a handful of Fridays during my preclinical years.
Does anyone know if the weekly Friday morning quizzes can be taken remotely? Trying to determine if I might be able to continue an extracurricular that would require me to be off campus on a handful of Fridays during my preclinical years.
As the person above me said, you cannot take the quizzes remotely. You can drop one quiz per block and you don't have to file an absence request for it, you can just not show up. Blocks are 5-7ish weeks long, so if your extracurricular only requires you to be there one Friday every 5-7ish weeks then it should be fine.
The thing is though, quiz grades are true Pass/Fail and you need an average of 65 (or maybe its 70, I forget) to pass. That means if you do well enough on your quizzes you can totally drop/not take 2 or 3 quizzes per block and still pass. I have friends/classmates who get like a 90+ on the first 3-4 quizzes and then just don't take the last 2. For example, lets say a block is 5 weeks long. If you get a 100, 95, and a 100 on the first 3 quizzes and then skip the last 2 quizzes, that's (100+95+100=295 / 4 weeks (because you get 1 official free drop per block) = quiz average of 73.75, which is a pass.
So yeah, if you're doing well on quizzes you can drop more than 1 and still be fine. Also, quizzes are only like 30 minutes long (and you can leave sooner than that if you finish earlier), so worst case you can just ask your extracurricular if you can come in late or just leave for that 30 minutes and come back after.
But u might also have mandatory events on Fridays that you can’t skipAs the person above me said, you cannot take the quizzes remotely. You can drop one quiz per block and you don't have to file an absence request for it, you can just not show up. Blocks are 5-7ish weeks long, so if your extracurricular only requires you to be there one Friday every 5-7ish weeks then it should be fine.
The thing is though, quiz grades are true Pass/Fail and you need an average of 65 (or maybe its 70, I forget) to pass. That means if you do well enough on your quizzes you can totally drop/not take 2 or 3 quizzes per block and still pass. I have friends/classmates who get like a 90+ on the first 3-4 quizzes and then just don't take the last 2. For example, lets say a block is 5 weeks long. If you get a 100, 95, and a 100 on the first 3 quizzes and then skip the last 2 quizzes, that's (100+95+100=295 / 4 weeks (because you get 1 official free drop per block) = quiz average of 73.75, which is a pass.
So yeah, if you're doing well on quizzes you can drop more than 1 and still be fine. Also, quizzes are only like 30 minutes long (and you can leave sooner than that if you finish earlier), so worst case you can just ask your extracurricular if you can come in late or just leave for that 30 minutes and come back after.
@pre-doo-med @theholysnail Do SKMC students share resources for quizzes and exams? In undergrad it was common for people to share study guides/flashcards -- just curious if it were similar. Also, is it true that all classes are recorded except for the CBL?
But u might also have mandatory events on Fridays that you can’t skip
Very rarely though - I can't remember the last time I had something mandatory on Friday. I think it's only happened a few times during my time here.
@pre-doo-med @theholysnail Do SKMC students share resources for quizzes and exams? In undergrad it was common for people to share study guides/flashcards -- just curious if it were similar. Also, is it true that all classes are recorded except for the CBL?
The quizzes are based off of the CBL case for the week, so your CBL group (10 people) will split up the Learning Objectives for that week in a google document and you'll use that to study for the quiz. Quizzes are very low stakes and many people (including myself) spend no more than 30 minutes studying for them during the week.
For some context in case you don't know, we are tested based on "Learning Objectives". Most lectures that we're given come with a document that states the Learning Objectives (LOs) for that lecture. For example...a lecture on bone cancers will have an LO that says "Compare and contrast the various clinical presentations of the bone cancers in this lecture".
So what some people will do throughout the block is create a google document that answers all of these LOs and then during exam week they'll use that document to study. Whether people share that document is really up to them - at the end of the day it takes some work to make those documents so some people won't be as open to sharing unless you're friends with them or you're willing to contribute or something like that.
I personally don't make these documents but have friends that do - I sometimes ask them and they've been willing to share with me, and I usually treat them to some food or something as a thank you.
EDIT - Sorry I forgot to answer your second question. Yes, most lectures are recorded. Only very specific lectures (like HSS ones, which we have 1-2 times a block) are not recorded. CBL is not recorded because it is a small-group session with you, 9 other students, and a physician/faculty facilitator (and it is mandatory).
Last edited:
Yes, email admissionsDoes anyone happen to know if SKMC accepts update letters?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
caramelsauce
Full Member
Pre-II R today, complete 8/14
I was complete a few days before you. I wish they’d just send me the R and get on with it.
Pre-II R today, complete 8/14
Mine is coming soon, can smell it
marinara730
Full Member
+1, complete 6/28, OOS, LM 67.3, WARS 75Pre-II R today, complete 8/14
Yes, email admissions
Does it say this somewhere on the website? How do you know? I just don’t want to send an update to them if they don’t want them lol
It’s not on the website so I emailed asking and the automatic response to my email said to send updates via email. If you’re concerned, I would email and askDoes it say this somewhere on the website? How do you know? I just don’t want to send an update to them if they don’t want them lol
I was complete 07/07 but i am Canadian. Do you know if there is a different timeline when they are viewing Canadians/internationals?
Also does anyone know how Canadian-friendly SKMC is!
Also does anyone know how Canadian-friendly SKMC is!
When I interviewed at SKMC, there was someone from Canada! Also, a med student leading the interview was also from Canada.I was complete 07/07 but i am Canadian. Do you know if there is a different timeline when they are viewing Canadians/internationals?
Also does anyone know how Canadian-friendly SKMC is!
Username2022
New Member
Does anyone know how many interview invites SKMC has given out/ is expected to continue giving out?
oo amazing thank you!!When I interviewed at SKMC, there was someone from Canada! Also, a med student leading the interview was also from Canada.
I don’t know how many as of yet, but I know they send out between 700-800 invites (if my memory serves me right). It’s on MSAR and their website.Does anyone know how many interview invites SKMC has given out/ is expected to continue giving out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the A! Voicemail while I was at work. Really excited--I loved my interview day here!
Congratulations 🙂 can I ask about what time EST you received the call?Got the A! Voicemail while I was at work. Really excited--I loved my interview day here!
I always have anatomy lab on Friday lol and we usually have mandatory HSS on fridays like tomorrow we doVery rarely though - I can't remember the last time I had something mandatory on Friday. I think it's only happened a few times during my time here.
The quizzes are based off of the CBL case for the week, so your CBL group (10 people) will split up the Learning Objectives for that week in a google document and you'll use that to study for the quiz. Quizzes are very low stakes and many people (including myself) spend no more than 30 minutes studying for them during the week.
For some context in case you don't know, we are tested based on "Learning Objectives". Most lectures that we're given come with a document that states the Learning Objectives (LOs) for that lecture. For example...a lecture on bone cancers will have an LO that says "Compare and contrast the various clinical presentations of the bone cancers in this lecture".
So what some people will do throughout the block is create a google document that answers all of these LOs and then during exam week they'll use that document to study. Whether people share that document is really up to them - at the end of the day it takes some work to make those documents so some people won't be as open to sharing unless you're friends with them or you're willing to contribute or something like that.
I personally don't make these documents but have friends that do - I sometimes ask them and they've been willing to share with me, and I usually treat them to some food or something as a thank you.
EDIT - Sorry I forgot to answer your second question. Yes, most lectures are recorded. Only very specific lectures (like HSS ones, which we have 1-2 times a block) are not recorded. CBL is not recorded because it is a small-group session with you, 9 other students, and a physician/faculty facilitator (and it is mandatory).
Sure, about 3pm EST.Congratulations 🙂 can I ask about what time EST you received the call?