2022-2023 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes housing is the biggest issue with Knoxville. My advice is if you are given a chance to switch to Knoxville before the end of April then try to switch. The closer to the start date the harder it’ll be to find housing at both campuses. We had students switch to Knoxville around May only not to find housing and scrambling to get switched back to Harrogate. Students had to stay at hotels during the first month b/c of this.

I recommend to be as stable as possible before starting classes. It’ll be hard enough w/o all that stuff. I think y’all will start mid to late July with orientation. Except for the anatomy boot campers, y’all start early July.

Good Luck everyone!!
I can corroborate this. I’m a first year and one of my lab partners was living in a hotel until December! If you are accepted to Knoxville or are on the transfer list start looking for housing NOW. I was transferred to Knoxville in May but couldn’t drive to TN to look at housing until June and every apartment I looked at had a 6+ month waitlist!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m disappointed I was never offered a II here. I really liked this school

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So can someone explain a bit more about what the schools “format is”? I saw online it’s a two pass system for years 1&2. It’s not P/F? And what are the scholarships like here?

I’m disappointed I was never offered a II here. I really liked this school
I'd be curious to know how they process applications. My stats are almost identical, I'm mission fit, a resident of a neighboring state and have thousands of clinical and volunteer hours, not to speak of research experience. I didn't get any acknowledgement from this school since the summer. Oh well...

I'd be curious to know how they process applications. My stats are almost identical, I'm mission fit, a resident of a neighboring state and have thousands of clinical and volunteer hours, not to speak of research experience. I didn't get any acknowledgement from this school since the summer. Oh well...
right!! its not about stats at all as this school has taken people with 490. last cycle it was also silent and then rejection i think end of april.

Reactions: 2 users

Exactly! Me too 🥲 minus the thousand volunteer hours but I have almost a thousand in research and over a thousand in clinical. Ugh this process is wack

Exactly! Me too 🥲 minus the thousand volunteer hours but I have almost a thousand in research and over a thousand in clinical. Ugh this process is wack
I agree, its like what else do you want from me, lol. Do you have any other acceptances or WL?

I hope I don't sound mean (online text sounds super monotone sadly), but it might be something with your personal statement or secondaries: it may have not resonated or fit with LMU-DCOM's mission or ideals! I know that a bunch of schools I applied to I was well over their statistics in terms of GPA, MCAT, EC's, hours, etc., but did not get interviewed probably because I didn't match their demographics or mission!

2 interviews that resulted in 2 WL fml lol you?
3 interviews, 1 acceptance, 1 WL, 1 rejection w/ offer to do their post-bacc which offers direct entry to next year's class. I'm going with the acceptance. I can't possibly go through this process again.

With that being said though, I am lowkey salty that some of these schools did not interview me since I loved them :(
I hope I don't sound mean (online text sounds super monotone sadly), but it might be something with your personal statement or secondaries: it may have not resonated or fit with LMU-DCOM's mission or ideals! I know that a bunch of schools I applied to I was well over their statistics in terms of GPA, MCAT, EC's, hours, etc., but did not get interviewed probably because I didn't match their demographics or mission!

3 interviews, 1 acceptance, 1 WL, 1 rejection w/ offer to do their post-bacc which offers direct entry to next year's class. I'm going with the acceptance. I can't possibly go through this process again.
Congrats though! This cycle was SUPER competitive!

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Well your explanation is the only one that makes sense. There must be something about me they must think won't fit.

Well your explanation is the only one that makes sense. There must be something about me they must think won't fit.
I think these schools picked apart my essays tbh HAHA, maybe that one grammar error caught me off guard LOL

• Haha

Congrats! I really don’t want to go through this suffering again lol

Reactions: 1 users

Not mean at all it’s likely the truth. Though I did have a school go through my app and say my personal statement was strong. I guess it was my secondary writing? Oh well

everything happens for a reason! was sad I didn't get love from this school either but all works out for the best

Not mean at all it’s likely the truth. Though I did have a school go through my app and say my personal statement was strong. I guess it was my secondary writing? Oh well
I'm keeping you in my prayers, I think you'll get off the WL by mid-May!

Also LMU-DCOM should send out more II's this month for their April dates!

Thanks for the kind words everyone :) it’s hard to be positive when everything is so unpredictable. But I’m very thankful to be on 2 WL and I’ll keep on hoping

Yeah honestly my stats aren’t what I think got me the II. Like you guys all said it was probably more mission fit and personal statement writing. I am hesitant somewhat abt LMU but think I’ll still see the interview through because I’m still very interested. My only other A is at my state DO school that’s pretty much brand new so LMU has the edge of being established. Just comes down to if I rather being close to home and family but be at a new program, or move further away for more established curriculum. Any one know how much scholarship money they give most students? 😅

Yeah honestly my stats aren’t what I think got me the II. Like you guys all said it was probably more mission fit and personal statement writing. I am hesitant somewhat abt LMU but think I’ll still see the interview through because I’m still very interested. My only other A is at my state DO school that’s pretty much brand new so LMU has the edge of being established. Just comes down to if I rather being close to home and family but be at a new program, or move further away for more established curriculum. Any one know how much scholarship money they give most students? 😅
From what I read, I think most OOS DO schools hardly give any scholarship money other than the whole FAFSA thing :(

Also congrats on your A!

3 interviews, 1 acceptance, 1 WL, 1 rejection w/ offer to do their post-bacc which offers direct entry to next year's class. I'm going with the acceptance. I can't possibly go through this process ag
Congratulations!!!

Anyone from 3/3 hear back today?? I’m refreshing my email like a maniac.

Any updates about interview final decision? I interviewed on March 10th; however, I am not expecting to hear back until you guys that interviewed on the 3rd receive yours first!

Any updates about interview final decision? I interviewed on March 10th; however, I am not expecting to hear back until you guys that interviewed on the 3rd receive yours first!
I'm still waiting on a decision from the 3rd

I had my interview that day as well! I recall them saying it would take 4-6 weeks for decisions to come back...which is basically when the cycle is over.

• Hmm
Is it common then to go to this tour without having a decision yet? Could attendance weigh on that decision? Do you know if they provide transportation from one campus to the other since they are ~1 hr apart?

Is it common then to go to this tour without having a decision yet? Could attendance weigh on that decision? Do you know if they provide transportation from one campus to the other since they are ~1 hr apart?
I never went to the tour since I live far away, but still got an A back in February. The interview process is the biggest part of the decisions following an II I think

I wonder why we (3/3 people) haven’t heard back yet… I thought they had said 2-4 weeks we’d hear something.

I never went to the tour since I live far away, but still got an A back in February. The interview process is the biggest part of the decisions following an II I think
I also live quite far. I was determining whether or not should I spend so much money on going there if I still don't have anything secure. Thank you for clarifying me that!

I wonder why we (3/3 people) haven’t heard back yet… I thought they had said 2-4 weeks we’d hear something.
I thought they told us to expect a decision 3-4 weeks from interview date (mine was on March10th.) I hope you get great news soon. I am also hoping for mine...lol

I thought they told us to expect a decision 3-4 weeks from interview date (mine was on March10th.) I hope you get great news soon. I am also hoping for mine...lol
Yeah I think 3 weeks is pretty standard for them so fingers crossed for tomorrow for 3/3 and next week for you!

Any accepted students recently get transferred to Knoxville? If so, when did you declare your preference? Trying to gauge if i’ll have any luck getting transferred :)

Last edited:
Alternate list :/. I interviewed 3/3. Does anybody know what the likelihood of getting off it is or if they’re pulling people off the alternate list already?

Alternate list :/. I interviewed 3/3. Does anybody know what the likelihood of getting off it is or if they’re pulling people off the alternate list already?
I got the same email this morning. I'm trying to stay positive since they said they got 70 people of the alternate list last year

• Care