2022-2023 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
About 8 weeks or so. The first couple of weeks have mandatory activities like ACLS training. It is sufficient time now that step 1/level 1 is P/F.
Did you feel like these mandatory activities interfere with your study time?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you feel like these mandatory activities interfere with your study time?
I did at the time but that was back when those tests were scored. I don’t think it’s an issue anymore. You’ll have enough time to prepare

Reactions: 1 user
Fourth year LMU-DCOM Student here (from Harrogate Campus) biding my time til match day. Happy to help with any questions you guys have.
Starting at DCOM this upcoming year. My wife is in a senior level IT position at a regional hospital system near our home. She believes she can work a drug deal to get them to accept me for years 3/4 clerkship rotations. How feasible would this be from the DCOM side, if the hospital agrees? Since they have no relationship with DCOM, pretty sure they only accept students from Drexel (which is useless info).

Members don't see this ad :)
Current OMS-II at Knoxville. I see people are talking about wanting to go to Knoxville. Please be mindful of the cost of living in Knoxville. In my opinion, I’d much rather be at harrogate. Rent and cost of living here is atrocious. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hey, I am attending DCOM at the Harrogate campus this July. I would like to hear from any current students at this campus the best place to rent a home (KY, VA, TN). Each state has different living benefits and I would like to learn a little more before deciding on a home rental. Thanks!

Starting at DCOM this upcoming year. My wife is in a senior level IT position at a regional hospital system near our home. She believes she can work a drug deal to get them to accept me for years 3/4 clerkship rotations. How feasible would this be from the DCOM side, if the hospital agrees? Since they have no relationship with DCOM, pretty sure they only accept students from Drexel (which is useless info).
You have to go to one of DCOM’s core site hospitals for your core rotations (I.e. most of your third year). You have 1-2 elective rotations third year and 8 elective rotations your 4th year- you could probably set up an agreement to do your electives at that hospital for those.

Current students or those admitted, what made you choose the campus you attended/are attending? I got assigned the Harrogate campus but have put my preference in for Knoxville. I am aware there is a waitlist for Knoxville but would like to hear the pros/cons of both campuses!

If you're trying to live in a one bed one bath in knoxville, in a safe area, it'll be double the rent of harrogate. There is more to do in Knoxville, but at an expensive cost. Academics wise, no discrepancies between the campuses.
Current students or those admitted, what made you choose the campus you attended/are attending? I got assigned the Harrogate campus but have put my preference in for Knoxville. I am aware there is a waitlist for Knoxville but would like to hear the pros/cons of both campuses!

Reactions: 1 users
Is it too late to submit a secondary here? Also, is there a cut off for the minimum mcat score? Trying to figure out how low is too low…

Hi everyone! I know there is a discord for everyone that is accepted for class of 27. But I made a Group me because I think it’s a little easier. Here is the join link!! Feel free to share with anyone accepted!

You're invited to my new group 'LMUDCOM Class of 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Last edited:
Interviews on Feb 17th should be hearing back on Monday, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be interviewing with LMU-DCOM on April 14th! I keep seeing in the thread that they have a high post II acceptance rate. Does anyone know if this is true? I'm a little worried with my interview being so late in the cycle.
I have an interview on April 21. It is a group interview -- does anyone know how this goes? I have only had one-on-one interviews.

I have an interview on April 21. It is a group interview -- does anyone know how this goes? I have only had one-on-one interviews.
Prior to your interview, you spend time in an informational session. You can either leave or come back after your interview is over. The actual interview is you, 2 other interviewees, a 2 interviewers. My interviewers asked individual questions + the same question to all of us. It was very conversational & the 35 minutes flew by since it was split b/t 3 interviewees.

How soon would 3/3/23 interview candidates hear back? Is it looking like 2 weeks?

Hopefully, we hear something tomorrow and it makes for a great weekend. Good luck to all!

Accepted student here. Knoxville is closer to home for me and I come from a city bigger and more expensive than Knoxville so the rent was actually a positive. I decided to get a roommate which cut living costs in half. Overall I’m very excited with my decision. I also liked the set up of the Knoxville campus and that it wasn’t like undergrad and felt more like professional school. I toured both campuses and will say they’re both really nice though! Harrogate was just not ideal housing wise and city-wise.

Hi everyone! I know there is a discord for everyone that is accepted for class of 27. But I made a Group me because I think it’s a little easier. Here is the join link!! Feel free to share with anyone accepted!

You're invited to my new group 'LMUDCOM Class of 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Is this different than the one I made a while back?

Has anyone heard back from the 2/17 inteview? I’m going crazy

Alternate list, interviewed 2/24. Does anyone have any information on this, such as what to expect?

Alternate list, interviewed 2/24. Does anyone have any information on this, such as what to expect?
For all those on the WL, you can expect a lot of movement in April/May as decisions are being finalized by students!

Reactions: 3 users
For all those on the WL, you can expect a lot of movement in April/May as decisions are being finalized by students!
So the waiting continues! Guess it’s best to prepare for the worst though.

Hey y’all! I know I posted awhile back but in case you missed it, I’m a current OMS-I at the Harrogate campus. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a direct message!

No, third
If you don't mind me asking, what do you think set you apart from others to get the 3 acceptances? We have almost exactly the same stats and felt like I had a great interview with LMU and got alternate list. Just looking for tips to improve :)

If you don't mind me asking, what do you think set you apart from others to get the 3 acceptances? We have almost exactly the same stats and felt like I had a great interview with LMU and got alternate list. Just looking for tips to improve :)
Hard to say. This whole process has seemed so random to me. I have friends who had higher MCAT scores than I did and equivalent gpa’s, but they were passed over completely. There were schools that I thought I would be invited to interview, but that never happened. I, like you, really enjoyed my interview with LMU. It was refreshing to participate in a natural conversation with the interviewers. They seemed to genuinely care about getting to know me and the other two interviewees. Also, I interviewed them. I wanted to know why I should choose LMU. What made them different or stand out from other schools. I do have in excess of 1000 clinical hours and am currently working in the medical field. I am not saying that made the difference, but it may have.
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and sending out positive vibes. Your qualifications obviously attracted LMU to you or they would not have interviewed you. You’ve got what it takes.

Reactions: 4 users
Hard to say. This whole process has seemed so random to me. I have friends who had higher MCAT scores than I did and equivalent gpa’s, but they were passed over completely. There were schools that I thought I would be invited to interview, but that never happened. I, like you, really enjoyed my interview with LMU. It was refreshing to participate in a natural conversation with the interviewers. They seemed to genuinely care about getting to know me and the other two interviewees. Also, I interviewed them. I wanted to know why I should choose LMU. What made them different or stand out from other schools. I do have in excess of 1000 clinical hours and am currently working in the medical field. I am not saying that made the difference, but it may have.
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and sending out positive vibes. Your qualifications obviously attracted LMU to you or they would not have interviewed you. You’ve got what it takes.
This is my experience too. The only acceptance I've had so far is a school's who stats are above mine, and the other 2 schools that interviewed me were the same. The school's who stats mirror mine have shown no interest whatsover. I have no clue how this has happened, but I'm just glad I'm accepted somewhere.

Thanks for the thorough response! Hopefully one of the schools that interviews me eventually accepts me off the waitlist or I get an A call soon!! Congratulations on your acceptances!

Reactions: 4 users
Any current students know anyone in the DO/MBA program? I’m interested and wanted to get some perspective on how feasible/useful it’ll be

In anticipation for next year's application cycle, I wanted to ask, are there two separate applications for the campuses or is it all in one? I'm debating on making two separate discussion threads for applicants for the next cycle.

Please let me know!

In anticipation for next year's application cycle, I wanted to ask, are there two separate applications for the campuses or is it all in one? I'm debating on making two separate discussion threads for applicants for the next cycle.

Please let me know!
All one app, choose preference after acceptance.

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed 2/17, waitlisted :(
Stats: 501 mcat; 3.82 GPA; over 200 volunteer hours in community alone