2022-2023 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
II received today. Application complete 10/13.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did the recent acceptances include anyone who interviewed on 11/10 or 11/16?

For those who finished interviewing, but haven't gotten a decision yet, Is it required to email MCG about our campus preference? I'm still unsure about which campus to prefer and I don't know which decision to make.

For those who finished interviewing, but haven't gotten a decision yet, Is it required to email MCG about our campus preference? I'm still unsure about which campus to prefer and I don't know which decision to make.
You can choose no preference right now. In the spring they invite accepted and waitlisted students to campus for a mixer and after that you’ll have to make a final decision. The decision you make now can always be changed by the point of the final decision. I chose no preference cause I’m always undecided.

If you haven’t already, you should fill out the campus preference form on the application portal to at least say no preference or they might consider your app incomplete

If you haven’t already, you should fill out the campus preference form on the application portal to at least say no preference or they might consider your app incomplete
Oh, that sounds like a good idea. Yeah, maybe i'll just say no preference for now. I hope i'll get a chance to change my mind later if I do end up liking one campus over another.

You can choose no preference right now. In the spring they invite accepted and waitlisted students to campus for a mixer and after that you’ll have to make a final decision. The decision you make now can always be changed by the point of the final decision. I chose no preference cause I’m always undecided.
Regarding the mixer, is it like a "second look" event? Do they allow acceptees to visit both the Augusta campus and Athens campus in-person?

Reactions: 1 user
any oos interviews yet? the loml goes here

Reactions: 1 users
I just got the rejection email from MCG... I thought this would be the one for sure. My WARS is 80, 519 mcat :(

• Care
Also got post || rejection email with 515 MCAT

• Care
Also got post || rejection email with 515 MCAT
I just got the rejection email from MCG... I thought this would be the one for sure. My WARS is 80, 519 mcat :(
I'm so sorry to hear that y'all :( It is very surprising. I didn't realize they would be sending post-II rejections already. Does anyone know if this has been happening or is just starting?

I'm so sorry to hear that y'all :( It is very surprising. I didn't realize they would be sending post-II rejections already. Does anyone know if this has been happening or is just starting?
Dang I thought they only send WL/R starting from Feb. Guess this is something new?

is it too late to provide updates for this school? was hoping for an ii :/
Most likely. This is from their website. Not having an ii right now doesn't mean you are out of it though! People were getting interviews just last week.

"What can I do to make my file stronger while awaiting a decision?

You are encouraged to continue activities to maintain your competitiveness during the application process including maintaining strong grades, gaining additional clinical shadowing experience, and continuing volunteer/extracurricular activities. You are also encouraged to provide application updates up to the December 1st application deadline. You may upload these updates by logging into your online MCG account."

Most likely. This is from their website. Not having an ii right now doesn't mean you are out of it though! People were getting interviews just last week.

"What can I do to make my file stronger while awaiting a decision?

You are encouraged to continue activities to maintain your competitiveness during the application process including maintaining strong grades, gaining additional clinical shadowing experience, and continuing volunteer/extracurricular activities. You are also encouraged to provide application updates up to the December 1st application deadline. You may upload these updates by logging into your online MCG account."
ty!

Is there supposed to be another admissions decision this Friday or nothing until after the holidays?

Based on last year's thread there should be one this Friday. If you don't hear back this Friday, the next time you could hear back would be the last Friday in January (1/27). They also sent a wave of post-interview Rs in mid-January. Seems like they send Rs and acceptances on different days.
okay thank you!!