2022-2023 Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
It says mine has been reviewed and that applicants will be invited to interview based upon their point total- but doesn’t have a score/total anywhere that I can see.

Reactions: 1 user
It says mine has been reviewed and that applicants will be invited to interview based upon their point total- but doesn’t have a score/total anywhere that I can see.
when did you submit? I submitted on 6/28 and it says mine is still under review

Oh wow, so it will actually transition from saying under review to the review being completed?

+1, IS, application complete 7/1. I had to check the portal to see the update, didn't get an email.

+1, IS, application complete 7/1. I had to check the portal to see the update, didn't get an email.
Did you have your CASPER in? I submitted 6/28 but realized I never sent my casper in until 7/22. But the portal didnt have anything for casper on it and said I was under review. Weird.

The score they give to students is for their use and not something we are able to see.

Reactions: 1 users
What was your CASPER quartile if you don't mind me asking?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you have your CASPER in? I submitted 6/28 but realized I never sent my casper in until 7/22. But the portal didnt have anything for casper on it and said I was under review. Weird.
I think so, but I'm not entirely sure since schools receive CASPER scores before they're available to students.

Did anyone add Miami after getting their primaries verified? I added Miami yesterday but still have not received secondaries..Wondering how long it takes for them to send them out.

Did anyone add Miami after getting their primaries verified? I added Miami yesterday but still have not received secondaries..Wondering how long it takes for them to send them out.

I didn't add after getting verified, but after I was verified it took ~36 hours

I was complete on 6/27 and my portal still says under review :confused:

Do you think they will care if you don't remember the exact dates that you shadowed a physician? I don't have it recorded in my calendar but I remember the approximate month and year

Portal says "your application has been reviewed" IS complete 7/9

Anyone still hasn’t been scored yet submitted around 7/15? Still under review OOS. Could it also be my low Casper score?

Anyone still hasn’t been scored yet submitted around 7/15? Still under review OOS. Could it also be my low Casper score?
I think they don't start using Casper scores until like after interviews to further screen who they truly want. I do know most schools that use Casper will not see low Casper as a bad thing but good Casper scores as ones that will only help.

I submitted 7/6 and am still not scored. Last year, I didn’t get scored until late November 😅
last time i never got scored at all! this process is so tough - hoping you hear good news soon!

• Care
I think they don't start using Casper scores until like after interviews to further screen who they truly want. I do know most schools that use Casper will not see low Casper as a bad thing but good Casper scores as ones that will only help.
From my understanding, UM does use Casper scores to help narrow down who to send IIs to, but maybe I'm misremembering?

Has anyone tried to email admissions about anything? If so, has it taken them a while to reply? I emailed them early last week to confirm that they received an institutional affinity reply card from me, but never heard back. Just concerned because the reply card submission never returned a confirmation receipt.

I emailed them 2 weeks ago, didn’t hear anything. Then I followed up a week later and they responded within minutes.

If it’s been a week I would follow-up

Submitted 8/1 and today the black "under review" status changed to green saying I'm complete "and is currently being reviewed by the Admissions Committee." Fingers crossed I get scored soon. Does anyone else know how long it took to change from the complete message to the reviewed/scored one?

I really hope that Miami actually scores me this time. Submitted 7/23 and nothing yet.

I submitted July 7th with no score yet. I am unsure what this means but, I doubt it is good. I wish everyone luck this cycle!

I find it hard to believe that being scored at a certain time means anything, that would mean that the admissions committee is somehow stratifying applications before they actually look at them.

where do we see if they received our casper score.
For UM we won't be able to see that, but it would have been sent to the school maybe 2 weeks after taking the Casper exam. I think some schools have that option to see the Casper received.

Portal is in the initial email PDF! Bottom of the first page

Also the fact that someone is named Step Doc on here is too much 😂

• Haha
I find it hard to believe that being scored at a certain time means anything, that would mean that the admissions committee is somehow stratifying applications before they actually look at them.
So it sorta matters but it also doesn't. There're a couple of statuses you can have, like 3-4 I think. Basically everyone goes through an initial screening/scoring at first and that's the plain 'under review' status. Then if you meet a certain threshold your app moves on to the next adcom and the status changes and the process repeats. Once you get to the third adcom if you meet the minimum score then you're put on a list and that's when it changes to say that you're scored. UM takes the top x amount of people off the list for IIs and continue to add to the list throughout the cycle. Not everyone that is fully scored gets an II but being scored quickly and early is a really good sign.

There's also a chance that apps will get scored and be invited for II at anytime throughout the cycle. Idk if the process has changed this cycle but this was how current students explained it to me in the past. Hope that clarifies it for everyone

My application for MD-MPH just went from being scored to a message saying "Your application is currently being reviewed by the Admissions Committee." Weird.

My application for MD-MPH just went from being scored to a message saying "Your application is currently being reviewed by the Admissions Committee." Weird.
I don’t think I was scored yet but I just checked and my “complete” status changed to that too!

So did you start out with a message that said "your application is under review" to then something about being scored to then reviewed again? I guess I'm just confused because I've never seen any messages about being scored

Yeah my message went from "under review" to "scored" to under review again. But the message this time is worded slightly different than the first time I went under review. Just very confused lol

Yeah my message went from "under review" to "scored" to under review again. But the message this time is worded slightly different than the first time I went under review. Just very confused lol
Thank you!! This whole thing definitely is confusing lol so I guess I'll keep an eye out and maybe I'll eventually see some sort of scoring thing

So did you start out with a message that said "your application is under review" to then something about being scored to then reviewed again? I guess I'm just confused because I've never seen any messages about being scored
When I last applied, there were a few statuses so the first one was like "Your Application is currently under review by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine"

Then it turned into "Your Application to the UM Miller School of Medicine is complete and is currently being reviewed by the Admissions Committee."

And eventually something like "Your Application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Applicants will be invited to interview based upon their evaluation score from the Admissions Committee review. You will be contacted by email if you are selected for an interview. Interview invitations are extended between August and March"

It's a completely different message rn though, it just says "Your application is currently being reviewed by the Admissions Committee." for MD/MPH and then the second status for MD.

When I last applied, there were a few statuses so the first one was like "Your Application is currently under review by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine"

Then it turned into "Your Application to the UM Miller School of Medicine is complete and is currently being reviewed by the Admissions Committee."

And eventually something like "Your Application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Applicants will be invited to interview based upon their evaluation score from the Admissions Committee review. You will be contacted by email if you are selected for an interview. Interview invitations are extended between August and March"

It's a completely different message rn though, it just says "Your application is currently being reviewed by the Admissions Committee." for MD/MPH and then the second status for MD.
I had the “scored” message for both MD and MD-MPH. Still have the scored one for MD, but have the 4th one for MD-MPH.