You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Miami (Miller)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Also scored-- interesting lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is your MD scored too?Also scored-- interesting lol
D
deleted1017183
2nd quartile here. Guess we'll find outWelp, bottom quartile for CASPER. Good app overall. Am I screwed?
Fluffernuttersquish
Full Member
is anyone still under review after submitting 7/9? 😟
D
deleted1140762
Complete in June. Still under review. Probably not a good sign?is anyone still under review after submitting 7/9? 😟
In the same situation. I feel weirdly positive about it though!Complete in June. Still under review. Probably not a good sign?
D
deleted1140762
Maybe they're taking a good hard look at our stuff. Appreciate your positivity!In the same situation. I feel weirdly positive about it though!
UM is a pretty research-heavy school and stats are almost everything at UM. I am an IS applicant who volunteered and even did research at UM, so it was not surprising to see their focus on academics lol. But they are growing and advancing in medicine, so diversity in their community is a huge plus for an applicant. The story is, the ones who got scored much earlier are likely the ones who got stats that are high and those who are median or lower are being carefully reviewed beyond just stats.Maybe they're taking a good hard look at our stuff. Appreciate your positivity!
D
deleted1130038
cries in 51(5-8), multiple pubs, and years of research and still under reviewUM is a pretty research-heavy school and stats are almost everything at UM. I am an IS applicant who volunteered and even did research at UM, so it was not surprising to see their focus on academics lol. But they are growing and advancing in medicine, so diversity in their community is a huge plus for an applicant. The story is, the ones who got scored much earlier are likely the ones who got stats that are high and those who are median or lower are being carefully reviewed beyond just stats.
although i suppose thats actually pretty close to their median so i take it back
lol UM is also doing things randomly, so it has always been hard to figure out what their schedule is like.cries in 51(5-8), multiple pubs, and years of research and still under review
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was also told that there were issues with the portal and that many people were supposed to have a scored message on the status.cries in 51(5-8), multiple pubs, and years of research and still under review
although i suppose thats actually pretty close to their median so i take it back
D
deleted1130038
agreed. and i forgot to send them my casper until like 3 weeks after i applied. i sent in my app 6/28 and was all proud of myself for doing it so early but then i realized legit 7/22 that i never sent my casper. its weird that there wasnt anything on the portal for it though. i feel like i will either be reviewed as if i submitted 7/22 but im like hoping they looked before they saw my casper hahahalol UM is also doing things randomly, so it has always been hard to figure out what their schedule is like.
D
deleted1130038
oh really? interesting. I almost want to email them to make sure my app is complete bc my casper was missing for so long but i dont want to pester themI was also told that there were issues with the portal and that many people were supposed to have a scored message on the status.
D
deleted1140762
Any word on interviews?I was also told that there were issues with the portal and that many people were supposed to have a scored message on the status.
They start doing those around mid August, so around August 15Any word on interviews?
UM is a pretty research-heavy school and stats are almost everything at UM. I am an IS applicant who volunteered and even did research at UM, so it was not surprising to see their focus on academics lol. But they are growing and advancing in medicine, so diversity in their community is a huge plus for an applicant. The story is, the ones who got scored much earlier are likely the ones who got stats that are high and those who are median or lower are being carefully reviewed beyond just stats.
Just throwing this out there but I know someone that got it with a 2.7 and 504 URM. Very good at networking
Most larger schools will have a few people in this boat. Stats aren’t everything!Just throwing this out there but I know someone that got it with a 2.7 and 504 URM. Very good at networking
lol yeah, UM trying to increase their diversity a bit and not look at high stats as everything. As long as you connect with them well or have some kind of tie to them, they are willing to consider you.Just throwing this out there but I know someone that got it with a 2.7 and 504 URM. Very good at networking
D
deleted1130038
and I think thats exactly what you were mentioning 🙂 UM's mindset, if you arent that high stat/high research applicant, lets look at what else you bring as I am sure you have lots to offerlol yeah, UM trying to increase their diversity a bit and not look at high stats as everything. As long as you connect with them well or have some kind of tie to them, they are willing to consider you.
D
deleted1140762
Same except 510 MCAT. Well over 2000 hours of cancer research and a couple pubs. Still not scored.cries in 51(5-8), multiple pubs, and years of research and still under review
although i suppose thats actually pretty close to their median so i take it back
I think they made their secondary long to scare some people away and test those who are truly willing to go there. Same with Duke (their secondary is a nightmare to write lol)
D
deleted1140762
I liked that they actually seemed to care about you aside from your stats. They recognize that you're a human being lol.I think they made their secondary long to scare some people away and test those who are truly willing to go there. Same with Duke (their secondary is a nightmare to write lol)
dideperfect123
Full Member
I’ve heard they care a lot of about CASPER, does this mean my 1st quartile has no chance? I’m still under review submitted 7/15
Yeah mine’s down tooAnyone else not able to access their portal?
Mine seems to be workingAnyone else not able to access their portal?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I put off Miami's secondary till now because of how long it was and I just saw their website's FAQ page which says they want it received within 2 weeks 😅 does anyone think its worth completing still? I'm OOS and its near the 5 week mark...
If you have a strong tie to the school or have a great experience that meets the school's mission and functionality, then I would certainly apply (assuming your stats are good enough to apply a little later than other applicants.) Even though stats are just part of your apps, I think UM gets so many applications to review, and being later means fighting for a few seats. They are somewhat OOS friendly being a private school, but they have this internal preference for IS applicants.I put off Miami's secondary till now because of how long it was and I just saw their website's FAQ page which says they want it received within 2 weeks 😅 does anyone think its worth completing still? I'm OOS and its near the 5 week mark...
I put off Miami's secondary till now because of how long it was and I just saw their website's FAQ page which says they want it received within 2 weeks [emoji28] does anyone think its worth completing still? I'm OOS and its near the 5 week mark...
Rip I just submit it [emoji28]. Had it for a while
Good luck! I'll try to submit mine in the next two days it's my last secondary (besides two I haven't received yet)Rip I just submit it [emoji28]. Had it for a while
D
deleted1126729
I haven't submitted mine either, I think we are fine, it will be a 4-week submission turnaround for me, but well worth it for good essays.
stats definitely isn't everything at UM, they're one of the more holistic schools in FL tbhJust throwing this out there but I know someone that got it with a 2.7 and 504 URM. Very good at networking
here's a pic i found from an old thread, it may be outdated so idk if they still use this same system but stats have usually been abt 1/3 of your app during review here
What year was this? Because I've since heard that the lowest mcat that they accept is a 505.Just throwing this out there but I know someone that got it with a 2.7 and 504 URM. Very good at networking
What year was this? Because I've since heard that the lowest mcat that they accept is a 505.
I think 2019
mailbruin4577
Full Member
SAME! lol we got this!Good luck! I'll try to submit mine in the next two days it's my last secondary (besides two I haven't received yet)
D
deleted1130038
uuhhhhh why my status now green? also did it always say
Your Application to the UM Miller School of Medicine is complete and is currently being reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
Your Application to the UM Miller School of Medicine is complete and is currently being reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
D
deleted1130038
aha thank you for thisWhen I last applied, there were a few statuses so the first one was like "Your Application is currently under review by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine"
Then it turned into "Your Application to the UM Miller School of Medicine is complete and is currently being reviewed by the Admissions Committee."
And eventually something like "Your Application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Applicants will be invited to interview based upon their evaluation score from the Admissions Committee review. You will be contacted by email if you are selected for an interview. Interview invitations are extended between August and March"
It's a completely different message rn though, it just says "Your application is currently being reviewed by the Admissions Committee." for MD/MPH and then the second status for MD.
when did you submit your secondary? trying to figure out where they are 😅uuhhhhh why my status now green? also did it always say
Your Application to the UM Miller School of Medicine is complete and is currently being reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
D
deleted1130038
well late june but i forgot to send casper until late julywhen did you submit your secondary? trying to figure out where they are 😅
D
deleted1140762
I was complete in early July and am still under review. I don't think there is really any way to know "where they are."when did you submit your secondary? trying to figure out where they are 😅
D
deleted1130038
site down for anyone else? i wonder if interviews👀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1, site is down for me as wellsite down for anyone else? i wonder if interviews👀
Site is also down for me
It says it is due to technical issues though, so I don't think we should read too much into it lol
It says it is due to technical issues though, so I don't think we should read too much into it lol
D
deleted1130038
she back no change
D
deleted1130038
u right ahhahaSite is also down for me
It says it is due to technical issues though, so I don't think we should read too much into it lol
thegoodfuturedoctor
Full Member
Got scored! I hadn’t checked in awhile though so I don’t know when exactly my status changed. Was complete 7/6!