You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Michigan State
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just listed all 10 traits (some were very cliche lol) and then said which ones related to medicine. And then I wrote a paragraph for each one specific to medicine. I talked about how I have demonstrated this trait in my life and why it makes the field of medicine a good fit for me.Any advice for approaching the 10 words/phrases? I feel like a lot of mine are cliche. Also, are you just making a bullet point list or adding little explanations as well?
I personally just listed and explained the three associated with medicine. Not sure if that's what they wanted or not.For the question about phrases to describe yourself. Does anyone know if we have to describe the phrases NOT associated with our decision to do medicine or do we just list them?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
didi868
Full Member
MSUCHM 2022-2023
500 words each
Imagine and reflect upon your life and medical career at the time of retirement. What do you envision being your proudest/most significant accomplishment?
American society may be experiencing a watershed moment as it reckons with various systemic injustices. Use the space below to share your thoughts about this statement.
Use the space below to reflect upon your COVID-19 public health crisis experiences, challenges, and/or insights.
In the most general sense, create a list of ten (or more) words or phrases you might use to describe or characterize yourself to someone you just met. From this list of words or phrases, are any associated with your decision to pursue medicine as a career? If yes, select up to 3 and explain. If no, explain.
If you could present yourself to the Admissions Committee, what would you want to make sure they knew about you?
[mention]PapaGuava [/mention]
EMTgirl1234
New Member
Does anyone know when MSU CHM will start sending out IIs?
FloatingAbyss
Full Member
Does anyone know how the OOS rate is at this school? Not a Michigan native but grew up in Great Lakes region for most of my life
Does anyone know how the OOS rate is at this school? Not a Michigan native but grew up in Great Lakes region for most of my life
cranjismcbasketball
Full Member
I'm kinda confused, are the MD-PH & LMU programs based entirely in Flint? I'm interested in both programs but would prefer the EL campus
For LMU, the first 2 years you would be in EL or GR. After that, you must go to Flint.I'm kinda confused, are the MD-PH & LMU programs based entirely in Flint? I'm interested in both programs but would prefer the EL campus
OOS II received 8/29, completed 7/28.
Nintendodude
Full Member
IS II on 8/29. Complete 7/28.
D
deleted1022805
Do you mind sharing your stats?IS II on 8/29. Complete 7/28.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nintendodude
Full Member
Do you mind sharing your stats?
Lizzy M 75, GPA 3.98, MCAT 516. WARS 70-76
I've been wondering the same thing for awhile now, I feel like the website has contradicting info, but I think you only need to fill out the grad school app if they invite you for interview? I'm really not sureFor MD/Ph.D, is there a different application or mainly the primary, secondary and let the program know? Any separate graduate school application? Thanks in advance
Hello everyone. Current CHM student happy to answer any questions about the school.
Not that I know of.Do they have a preference for current msu students?
is msu com the correct abbreviation?
MSU COM is the DO school, MSU CHM is the MD school.is msu com the correct abbreviation?
When were you complete?IS II received!!
would it look bad if majority of my primary/secondary is based on a desire to serve the underserved but I don't apply for the LMU program?
me too lol I hope sowould it look bad if majority of my primary/secondary is based on a desire to serve the underserved but I don't apply for the LMU program?
for the future accomplishment question, is it okay if i talk about more than one even if the question implies to only talk about one accomplishment?
cranjismcbasketball
Full Member
I talked about two! I kinda used it as a why MSUCHM essay and how their programs will help me do these two thingsfor the future accomplishment question, is it okay if i talk about more than one even if the question implies to only talk about one accomplishment?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7/18!When were you complete?
Any tips for interviewing?Hello everyone. Current CHM student happy to answer any questions about the school.
MDPow
Full Member
II on the 19th, ISAny news?
Congrats, please do you mind sharing date complete and stats? You can pm if you preferII on the 19th, IS
MDPow
Full Member
Complete 7/28 cGPA and sGPA 3.72 MCAT 506Congrats, please do you mind sharing date complete and stats? You can pm if you prefer
Did you also do the program essays (rural, urban etc.) ?Complete 7/28 cGPA and sGPA 3.72 MCAT 506
MDPow
Full Member
NoDid you also do the program essays (rural, urban etc.) ?
Very holistic school. Be authentic and show why the mission statement matters to you. Being humble and honest matters far more than trying to impress. That being said, expect a chill interview. Everyone is on your side and wants to highlight your best qualities.Any tips for interviewing?
bakersdozen13
Full Member
IS II received 9/27, complete 8/1. LM ~73
D
deleted1022805
That’s not acceptance rate. That’s just interviewed and those that matriculated
So accepted would probably be more than 161
Im complete and have been forwarded to prelim review since Aug 22ndMy application was forwarded for preliminary review 8/11 and still is not complete. Has this happened to anyone else with similar dates?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought preliminary review means your app is complete. Mine says "Application Complete - Forwarded for Review".For me since August 7.
You have to be complete for itMy application was forwarded for preliminary review 8/11 and still is not complete. Has this happened to anyone else with similar dates?
Yes it says that ^^^ on the left. In the details part it gives me the day it was forwarded for prelim review which was Aug 22I thought preliminary review means your app is complete. Mine says "Application Complete - Forwarded for Review".
blink2028
Full Member
I'm pretty sure it's 4-6 weeks or the next decision day ... they have a list on their websiteHow long does it take to hear back on an acceptance, hold, or rejection after the interview?
RilakkumaKorilakkuma
Full Member
Just got the call, I got an A! I interviewed Mid September 🙂