You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Michigan State
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I don't think there is a portal section for updatesAnyone know if they accept updates?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They only accept updates from those who are waitlisted.Anyone know if they accept updates?
OOS, pre-II Rejection! Best of luck and big hug to everyone still waiting on responses <3
OOS, pre-II Rejection! Best of luck and big hug to everyone still waiting on responses
Same here, submitted on 9/24, but wishing the rest of y'all luck on your responses!
blueviolin012
Full Member
just got the call with the A!!! interviewed early oct
just got the call with the A!!! interviewed early oct
congrats!!!! what date?
A last night, got the call! Interviewed 10/7
I truly doubt it, with 11,000 applicants, it’s most likely just getting started.So are interviews done for this cycle?
becomingdrk
Full Member
It's November.... so noSo are interviews done for this cycle?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
glitter_goat_17
New Member
IS II!!! Complete 8/18
Congrats, do you mind sharing your stats?IS II!!! Complete 8/18
Did you do the program essays?
Also was it a call or email?
Do you mind sharing your stats and ECs (hours) ?Just got the A! Interviewed 9/16 🙂
ThungusAmungus
Full Member
How much alternate list movement normally is there for CHM?
There was a change only after I got the call. About 24 hours after.For those accepted, did you guys see a change in the portal before being emailed or called? I've constantly been checking the portal since my interview 2.5 weeks ago
coolmathdude
New Member
Congrats! Stats? I also interviewed same day and hope they're not done calling!Just got the call!!! I cried. Interviewed 10/26
Low mcat, high-ish GPA, LM 66. DM for specifics... I'm sure they're not done! I also got the call after 7 PMCongrats! Stats? I also interviewed same day and hope they're not done calling!
bakersdozen13
Full Member
Anyone hear back from 10/21 interview?
ThungusAmungus
Full Member
I interviewed 10/21. Got waitlisted 11/2Anyone hear back from 10/21 interview?
Last edited:
anonuser12345
Full Member
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also curious about this because I just got the email tooForgot I applied here .. too late for a secondary? They intro the email with “is still interested in your application”…is this generic haha
becomingdrk
Full Member
Do they have an application tracker any where? Does anyone know how many interviews they've sent out already?
bakersdozen13
Full Member
![]()
MD Admissions
Learn about admissions at the University of Michigan Medical School.medicine.umich.edu
That’s the tracker for the University of Michigan. As far as I know, Michigan State does not have a tracker
My application was forwarded for prelimary review on july 18. It's already almost thanksgiving, what are the chances of getting an interview at this point?
Have you been accepted at other schools? If so congrats and then in that case I would take it easy for second .Would it be too soon to send an LOI if I got placed on the alternate list last night? Also, are there any current CHM students who have any advice about my situation?
flymflam314
Full Member
How long is MSUs interview season?
becomingdrk
Full Member
Their website says until FebruaryHow long is MSUs interview season?
WaitingForAnA
New Member
Does this mean they’re likely to start accepting off the waitlist in March?Their website says until February
All 3.Does MSU reject post-II or is only WL or A?
Do they do holds (like actual status update) before II ?All 3.
Applications can be placed on Hold for Interview DecisionDo they do holds (like actual status update) before II ?
Are you a current student?Applications can be placed on Hold for Interview Decision
No, I was recently admitted. Prior to that, I referred to their website to get answers to a bunch of admissions questions I had.Are you a current student?
Here is their website: Application Process | Office of Admissions | Michigan State University
Ok I saw that link too.No, I was recently admitted. Prior to that, I referred to their website to get answers to a bunch of admissions questions I had.
Here is their website: Application Process | Office of Admissions | Michigan State University
Has anyone here been placed on hold? So far I have only seen IIs, acceptances, waitlists and rejections.
Are "holds" a situation that doesn't show up on the status portal?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
becomingdrk
Full Member
I'm pretty sure they don't do "hold" status change.Ok I saw that link too.
Has anyone here been placed on hold? So far I have only seen IIs, acceptances, waitlists and rejections.
Are "holds" a situation that doesn't show up on the status portal?
I submitted my secondary 10/28/22 and received an interview invite 11/15/22 for 12/2/22.Do they go through apps by day of completion?
I know they go through in-state students first and then out-of-state.
becomingdrk
Full Member
congrats! stats if you don't mind sharing?I submitted my secondary 10/28/22 and received an interview invite 11/15/22 for 12/2/22.
I know they go through in-state students first and then out-of-state.
That is such a fast turn around!I submitted my secondary 10/28/22 and received an interview invite 11/15/22 for 12/2/22.
I know they go through in-state students first and then out-of-state.
Congrats! Im still waiting after being complete in August