You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Minnesota
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Also post II R after my second interview with them. I’m devastated.
Lithium Carbonate
Full Member
Just so you don't miss your phone call - I made a forecast of when you can expect your A call!
View attachment 363071
p.s. this is a joke.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
crab_rangoon
UMN-TC MS1
Im so sorry, keep your head up this journey is so hard but you can do it! sending a hug!Also post II R after my second interview with them. I’m devastated.
Post - II Rejection. IS.
Feeling like I lost my only chance.
Is it too late to apply DO now? LM 72
Feeling like I lost my only chance.
Is it too late to apply DO now? LM 72
Hi all! Today is the big day!
I'm glad to see so much good news on this thread. If you got the call, congratulations! As always, my DMs are open should you have any questions as you make some big decisions through the rest of the cycle.
If you didn't get the news you were hoping for, I know how hard it is not to get the A, especially after such a long wait. This process is so difficult, and honestly it seems like luck is often involved. This decision doesn't impact your worth as an applicant or a person. Take some time for yourself today or this weekend. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there is anything I can help with this cycle or in the future. You got this!!
I'm glad to see so much good news on this thread. If you got the call, congratulations! As always, my DMs are open should you have any questions as you make some big decisions through the rest of the cycle.
If you didn't get the news you were hoping for, I know how hard it is not to get the A, especially after such a long wait. This process is so difficult, and honestly it seems like luck is often involved. This decision doesn't impact your worth as an applicant or a person. Take some time for yourself today or this weekend. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there is anything I can help with this cycle or in the future. You got this!!
i would throw in some DO apps if you got the money and time!Post - II Rejection. IS.
Feeling like I lost my only chance.
Is it too late to apply DO now? LM 72
Which two pathways did you apply to?does anyone know how to tell which pathway we were accepted for? I think i signed up for two and I dont really understand how to select which one/if they select it for us
If it was some combination of 2SLGBTQIA+, Immigrant/Refugee/Global, or Urban Community Health Pathways, I think you will receive communication at a later time. It seems like they might want to wait and see the interests of those who are accepted before they place people. The website says they also might use a ranking system to place folks with multiple interests.
Additional info under FAQ at this link: Admissions
Premed1115
New Member
Anyone with a late October interview hear back?
Hagermeister
Full Member
I interviewed Oct 19th for Duluth and haven't gotten the phone call or emailAnyone with a late October interview hear back?
Premed1115
New Member
TC 10/25 haven't heard anything yet
itskatniss
Full Member
9/22 TC got the A call at 11:25! Congratulations to fellow future classmates!
D
deleted1140762
curious as well. I interviewed on 11/1 for Duluth and haven’t heard. We were told we would likely hear back today.Has anyone heard anything from Duluth or has it just been TC?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard anything from Duluth or has it just been TC?
Interviewed with Duluth in September, haven't heard a peep.curious as well. I interviewed on 11/1 for Duluth and haven’t heard. We were told we would likely hear back today.
sweetbubble414
Full Member
I checked no preference on campus selections. If I interviewed only at TC, does it mean I’ll be placed in TC? My pathway is global health.
archfiend23
New Member
Interviewed TC on October 6th, absolutely no word so far 🙁
IS LM 78, UMN-TC graduate
IS LM 78, UMN-TC graduate
Premed1115
New Member
Anyone at TC hear about being waitlisted?
Your pathway selection determined where you interviewed (Indigenous and Rural interviewed at Duluth, all others interviewed at Twin Cities). Campus placement is determined separately. Since you chose either campus, you may be asked to rank your preferences later and then everyone will be placed based on pathway availability at each campus.I checked no preference on campus selections. If I interviewed only at TC, does it mean I’ll be placed in TC? My pathway is global health.
No, but they told my cohort we could hear on either date. Frustrating but not surprising.Anyone who interviewed early November hear back?
Lithium Carbonate
Full Member
Y’all. I think we’re waiting til February now.
I’m so confused did no one in the December 9th group get a waitlist? It’s only acceptance or rejection.
archfiend23
New Member
I got a waitlist email an hour ago. Interviewed October 6th
Hagermeister
Full Member
Also waitlisted from Duluth, Interviewed 10/19
korosenseiMD
New Member
II received today for early January! OOS with strong in-state ties. Is it safe to assume im interviewing for the waitlist? Seems like most of the class was filled by December last year.
Its my first II of this cycle so even if it is for the waitlist, Im glad I have a chance!
Its my first II of this cycle so even if it is for the waitlist, Im glad I have a chance!
II received today for early January! OOS with strong in-state ties. Is it safe to assume im interviewing for the waitlist? Seems like most of the class was filled by December last year.
Its my first II of this cycle so even if it is for the waitlist, Im glad I have a chance!
Congrats! Wishing you the best!
korosenseiMD
New Member
Thank you!Congrats! Wishing you the best!
Congrats! Can I ask when you were complete? I am also OOS but no in-state ties, still hoping for a II here 🙏II received today for early January! OOS with strong in-state ties. Is it safe to assume im interviewing for the waitlist? Seems like most of the class was filled by December last year.
Its my first II of this cycle so even if it is for the waitlist, Im glad I have a chance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
korosenseiMD
New Member
Thanks! I was complete 8/5. Best of luck!Congrats! Can I ask when you were complete? I am also OOS but no in-state ties, still hoping for a II here 🙏
itskatniss
Full Member
There is a second decision date in February, don’t count yourself out!II received today for early January! OOS with strong in-state ties. Is it safe to assume im interviewing for the waitlist? Seems like most of the class was filled by December last year.
Its my first II of this cycle so even if it is for the waitlist, Im glad I have a chance!
Hi everybody! Current MS1 here. I wanted to say congratulations to those of you who have gotten good news, and keep your chin up if you haven't yet.
I know absolutely nothing about when more decisions will be released. But, I did want to let y'all know those of you who have been accepted can expect an email this week with the link to the class of 2027 facebook group 🙂
I know absolutely nothing about when more decisions will be released. But, I did want to let y'all know those of you who have been accepted can expect an email this week with the link to the class of 2027 facebook group 🙂
MediHopeful
Full Member
Hi everyone! It's been such a chaotic few days I forgot to post on here that I received an A on Dec. 9th! Looking forward to joining you all in the Fall, and best of luck to applicants waiting for Frb. 15 and beyond! Complete July 19, 2SLGBTQIA+ pathway.
longbikeridez
Full Member
I didn’t hear anything yet as well😥
+1, dean's scholarship about 2 hours agoI received one a couple of hours ago
itskatniss
Full Member
+1 on scholarship!! hopefully not a mistake??!?!!! 😨
itskatniss
Full Member
I mean with like Mayo and UTSW messups in memory, I had to email admissions and confirm before cancelling my interview tomorrow lol. is that neuroticI had this same thought immediately haha
sweetbubble414
Full Member
What is dean's scholarship?+1, dean's scholarship about 2 hours ago
@YouCanLearnAnything @88stormz @LSAT @itskatniss congrats on the scholarships y’all! Are y’all’all IS, or OOS? Did you fill out the scholarship application form or just get them without it? I was (mistakenly) under the impression that scholarships wouldn’t come out until after the scholarship application deadline but I’m stoked to hear that they may come out sooner!
IS, no form. Dean's scholarship is full tuition (I am assuming for OOS too?)@YouCanLearnAnything @88stormz @LSAT @itskatniss congrats on the scholarships y’all! Are y’all’all IS, or OOS? Did you fill out the scholarship application form or just get them without it? I was (mistakenly) under the impression that scholarships wouldn’t come out until after the scholarship application deadline but I’m stoked to hear that they may come out sooner!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dartosfascia10
Full Member
Submitted primary 6/29, verified 7/29, submitted secondary Aug 10th...still haven't heard anything back. I'm technically OOS (WI resident), but went to the U for undergrad. Is there any chance I earn an interview at this point? Is it worth sending a letter of interest?
I emailed them expressing my interest and they emailed back saying "Thank you for your email and continued interest in the University of Minnesota Medical School. We know the waiting game is hard. I looked into your file and your application is currently under pre-screen review. This is typically the longest waiting period for applicants in our review process. Please know, we are reviewing each application holistically and you will receive a decision as soon as we can."
Pre-II R just now.
dartosfascia10
Full Member
When did you submit your secondaries?Pre-II R just now.
sometime in end of July.When did you submit your secondaries?