You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Minnesota
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats!! When did you apply?II Twin Cities 🥳
Late august after MCAT retake, app was complete late Sept after MCAT results were received.Congrats!! When did you apply?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dartosfascia10
Full Member
are you a MN resident?Late august after MCAT retake, app was complete late Sept after MCAT results were received.
i'm from the west coast!are you a MN resident?
dartosfascia10
Full Member
Can I ask your stats? I am also OOS (albeit went to undergrad at the U) and submitted a few days before you did...but still haven't heard anything at this point?II this morning! Submitted 8/26. OOS
medschoolboi2023
Full Member
Anyone know by chance if Minnesota is ahead/behind schedule? I interviewed earlier this month and last years thread has me petrified. Seems like a lot of Jan and after interviews didnt get results until late april🙁
Just to clarify, they don't accept update letters if we haven't received an II yet right? (Like an actual update letter, not letter of interest)
Just to clarify, they don't accept update letters if we haven't received an II yet right? (Like an actual update letter, not letter of interest)
That is correct
Dying for an interview here, but at this stage I'm not sure it's going to happen 🙁
Same 🙁 which DO schools did you get accepted to? Congrats!!Dying for an interview here, but at this stage I'm not sure it's going to happen 🙁
mhpremed2122
New Member
Does anyone know if they accept letters of interest/update letters? I know the next decision day is February 15th but I have some information I would like to share. Its one of my top choices 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They only accept update letters (no letters of interest). I believe only if you have been invited for an II. If so, you can send them an update letter from the time you received the II up until the day of your interview.Does anyone know if they accept letters of interest/update letters? I know the next decision day is February 15th but I have some information I would like to share. Its one of my top choices 🙂
Does anyone know the chances of an acceptance if you got an II recently? Grateful for an II but feel super discouraged that its this late
They told us in our interview last week to not be discouraged. We are still in a good position because they just started their spring interviews. Keep your head up and good luck on your interview!
midwesty1996
Full Member
I’ll be super curious to see what the cutoff date is for hearing back on Feb 15. I interviewed mid-November and am hoping to hear on that date - anyone interview after November who was told they would probably hear back in Feb?
medschoolboi2023
Full Member
I interviewed early Jan and was told it was highly unlikely I would hear back by feb. They said we would hear back around the end of March.I’ll be super curious to see what the cutoff date is for hearing back on Feb 15. I interviewed mid-November and am hoping to hear on that date - anyone interview after November who was told they would probably hear back in Feb?
I’ll be super curious to see what the cutoff date is for hearing back on Feb 15. I interviewed mid-November and am hoping to hear on that date - anyone interview after November who was told they would probably hear back in Feb?
Interviewed 12/2 and was told I’ll hear back feb 15th
midwesty1996
Full Member
That’s awesome! Thanks for responding 🙂Interviewed 12/2 and was told I’ll hear back feb 15th
Do you guys know if they allow any additional update letters/letter of interests post-interview?
Do you guys know if they allow any additional update letters/letter of interests post-interview?
I think it has to be between the time from the II to the interview day. I might be wrong though since it was a while back
I think it has to be between the time from the II to the interview day. I might be wrong though since it was a while back
That’s what I thought too but just wanted to check. Thanks!
Yes, you have until 11:59 PM of your interview date to send an update!Do you guys know if they allow any additional update letters/letter of interests post-interview?
random_username
Full Member
For anyone who interviewed with the Duluth campus, did you find out who your two interviewers were beforehand?
D
deleted1140762
Yes. They also tell you the names of the students for the q&a.For anyone who interviewed with the Duluth campus, did you find out who your two interviewers were beforehand?
random_username
Full Member
Thanks for the reply/info. Does this come the day before the interview or so?Yes. They also tell you the names of the students for the q&a.
trix_r_4_coolkidz
Full Member
II right now !!! Completed 8/24
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II right now! So excited! I almost lost hope. Any advice with the interview? I’m not to good with MMI
Anyone who was complete in mid-late September hear any responses yet?
I got my interview invite from the U this morning - will be interviewing in a week or so! I’m so thankful and happy to be considered by the U (my state school and number 1 choice). Definitely going to try my absolute best and give it my all in the interview!
noAnyone who was complete in mid-late September hear any responses yet?
premedicalqueen
New Member
II this morning. Complete in October. Declined II offer. Hope this spot goes to one of you!
Congrats! How blessed one must be to have the ability to decline an II offer. Congratulations and all the best to you my friend, wherever you are going 🙂II this morning. Complete in October. Declined II offer. Hope this spot goes to one of you!
II this morning. Complete in October. Declined II offer. Hope this spot goes to one of you!
I suppose this kind answers my question lolAnyone who was complete in mid-late September hear any responses yet?
premedicalqueen
New Member
Thank you so much! Congrats to you as well with your 4 A's!!!Congrats! How blessed one must be to have the ability to decline an II offer. Congratulations and all the best to you my friend, wherever you are going 🙂
medschoolboi2023
Full Member
Anyone know how heavily MN values the interview compared to other factors? My MCAT is lower than their average but I feel like my interview went well.
If you want to prepare together for the MMI, let me know and DM me! My interview is on the 21st and this is essentially all I’ll be doing until that time 🥰II right now! So excited! I almost lost hope. Any advice with the interview? I’m not to good with MMI
cheerios5450
Full Member
Interviewed received this morning! OOS applicant complete in early august
I can’t speak for others, but a 3.2 / 509 (and OOS) here and still got the A, so stats clearly aren’t everything for them!Anyone know how heavily MN values the interview compared to other factors? My MCAT is lower than their average but I feel like my interview went well.
dartosfascia10
Full Member
II just now! Completed mid-August, OOS (but graduated from the U)
Who is ready for next week? I keep checking my email hoping they will send decisions sooner than Feb 15[emoji20]
So ready!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
itstotallyfine
Full Member
Is there a date cutoff for which interviewed applicants may or may not hear back on the 15th?
Lithium Carbonate
Full Member
Is there a date cutoff for which interviewed applicants may or may not hear back on the 15th?
I would guess November-December will hear back since September-October heard back on 12/9.
crab_rangoon
UMN-TC MS1
You do not see the prompts before entering the room. you see them before the MMIs start and you have plenty of time to write them down and you'll know what you're answering for sure. You can totally take notes I just wouldn't recommend taking notes during the actual MMI since you only have 8 minutes to respond I believe, but other times you have breaks and such, note taking is welcome. I interviewed a while ago so I hope I remembered this right!for those who have interviewed --
for mmi, do you see the prompts again before you go into the breakout rooms after seeing the prompts during the welcome session? also, are you able to take notes about the prompts during the welcome and mmi sessions?
thanks!!!
Wait during welcome session you see the prompts before the mmi starts? If so can you write them down during the welcome session? Also does the interviewer read you the prompt in the room and give you 2mins in that time? Like do they give you 2mins to gather your thoughts and then let you know when the 6mins start?You do not see the prompts before entering the room. you see them before the MMIs start and you have plenty of time to write them down and you'll know what you're answering for sure. You can totally take notes I just wouldn't recommend taking notes during the actual MMI since you only have 8 minutes to respond I believe, but other times you have breaks and such, note taking is welcome. I interviewed a while ago so I hope I remembered this right!