2022-2023 Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R from TC. Complete 8/14

Members don't see this ad.

Pre-II R from Duluth about 10 minutes ago, complete 9/4. Still hoping for TC

Members don't see this ad :)
I would think so too since theyre so rural focused. Maybe OOS was part of it?? Not sure
could be a factor, also stats as well. Maybe if higher I could be considered. Could be volunteer experiences? (I had about 200-300 hours)

Hi everybody! Current MS1 here. I wanted to say congratulations to those of you who have gotten good news, and keep your chin up if you haven't yet.
I know absolutely nothing about when more decisions will be released. But, I did want to let y'all know those of you who have been accepted can expect an email this week with the link to the class of 2027 facebook group :)
Has this email been sent out yet? I have not seen one!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone think that late submitters ( Early October ) possibly have a chance for an II?
not sure bc minnesota did say many times in their secondary invitations to get them back asap but idk how much they'd count that against you.. if you received the secondary invite in October they def cant hold it against you that you turned it in the same month

Reactions: 1 user
@YouCanLearnAnything @88stormz @LSAT @itskatniss congrats on the scholarships y’all! Are y’all’all IS, or OOS? Did you fill out the scholarship application form or just get them without it? I was (mistakenly) under the impression that scholarships wouldn’t come out until after the scholarship application deadline but I’m stoked to hear that they may come out sooner!
IS, no form or anything. I was completely surprised!

Members don't see this ad :)
II Today!!! complete mid August! So happy!!!!!!!

• Care
I received my secondaries in early August and submitted them mid-August as well...but still haven't heard anything from them. Can I ask your stats?
LM 67, IS, URM! Hope you hear back soon!!

Just a reminder that this process is long and can go all the way into the summer. The year I received my A I interviewed late Feb, was wait-listed in April and was accepted in May. Admittedly not typical but still possible.

Just a reminder that this process is long and can go all the way into the summer. The year I received my A I interviewed late Feb, was wait-listed in April and was accepted in May. Admittedly not typical but still possible.
Its just so hard waiting. Did you get into TC or duluth? My stats arent great. LM around 65 but in state and fits duluth mission well.

Did anyone apply for both TC and Duluth campuses and receive Interview from both campuses? Don't know how does it work.

Its just so hard waiting. Did you get into TC or duluth? My stats arent great. LM around 65 but in state and fits duluth mission well.
Got into TC, didn't apply to Duluth b/c I didn't feel like I had done enough in rural medicine.

II TC today! OOS, Non-trad, complete 9/4!

Last edited:
Congrats! Stats?

Thanks! 509 MCAT, crappy undergrad, 4.0 master’s, and 4.0 continuing education GPAs. Honestly, honored to even be considered.

Only saw Jan 24 and Jan 26 for TC interview dates for anyone that is wondering.

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone apply for both TC and Duluth campuses and receive Interview from both campuses? Don't know how does it work.

Just got my interview invite for duluth. Was pretty sure that ship had sailed.

I interviewed for the TC campus in early November.

When did you submit secondaries? Ive been waiting since september. CongratS!!!!!

Last edited:
When did you submit secondaries? Ive been waiting since september
I submitted 8/10. Waited more than 2 weeks from receiving (ooops). I am a lower than average stat applicant but am non trad with many years of experience.

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted 8/10. Waited more than 2 weeks from receiving (ooops). I am a lower than average stat applicant but am non trad with many years of experience.
Lower stat gang! Im hopeful my experiences help too...

Reactions: 2 users

Did you get rejection notice for TC and then being considered for Duluth's interview?

Did you get rejection notice for TC and then being considered for Duluth's interview?

Nope! Nobody from my interview group heard back on Dec 9th from my knowledge. I haven't seen anyone else who interviewed at both campuses, so I too considered that as a possibility. It's impossible to know though!

TC Pre-II R today, OOS and was complete early Sep. Good luck to everyone else!

• Care
can someone help me understand something---Duluth reviews indigenous and rural health pathways apps, so if we applied to one of those and got an interview invite saying Duluth has recommended our app for interview, are we interviewing for the Duluth campus, or both campuses if we said Duluth or TC on our app?

can someone help me understand something---Duluth reviews indigenous and rural health pathways apps, so if we applied to one of those and got an interview invite saying Duluth has recommended our app for interview, are we interviewing for the Duluth campus, or both campuses if we said Duluth or TC on our app?
You are interviewing for that pathway. If you selected interest in both campuses you will be asked your campus preference. They did say there are a limited number of slots for each pathway at each school. So in theory, you could get accepted to the rural pathway and go to TC campus, OR you could get selected for the urban pathway and go to the Duluth campus.

Of course, they did say that more rural/indigenous spots will be at the Duluth campus.

You are interviewing for that pathway. If you selected interest in both campuses you will be asked your campus preference. They did say there are a limited number of slots for each pathway at each school. So in theory, you could get accepted to the rural pathway and go to TC campus, OR you could get selected for the urban pathway and go to the Duluth campus.

Of course, they did say that more rural/indigenous spots will be at the Duluth campus.
Thank you! do you know if they decide to admit/waitlist/deny before or after they view campus selection preference? I'm wondering if selecting preference for one campus over the other is advantageous or if it isn't even a factor until you've already been accepted. The reason I'm asking is on their website in the FAQs it basically sounds like they're saying they haven't figured out how it will work yet lol but maybe they've released new info to people who have interviewed already

Last edited:
Another question... If the next decision date is Feb 15th and we're interviewing pretty close to that date, are we basically interviewing for waitlist positions at that point/ are only able to get accepted after people with acceptances give up their seat?

Thank you! do you know if they decide to admit/waitlist/deny before or after they view campus selection preference? I'm wondering if selecting preference for one campus over the other is advantageous or if it isn't even a factor until you've already been accepted. The reason I'm asking is on their website in the FAQs it basically sounds like they're saying they haven't figured out how it will work yet lol but maybe they've released new info to people who have interviewed already
Hehe. I thought the same thing - that seems to be determined so I can't make any guesses. There was no extra information when I interviewed at the TC campus.
Another question... If the next decision date is Feb 15th and we're interviewing pretty close to that date, are we basically interviewing for waitlist positions at that point/ are only able to get accepted after people with acceptances give up their seat?

Based on the interview, they said that after Feb 15 they would do admissions more frequently. They might have even said weekly? It seems Duluth's admissions is very different from last year, and I'm sure they had to review more applicants. I wouldn't say we are probably interviewing for waitlist spots, but I again, am not on the ADCOM.

My friend interviewed at Minnesota in February of last year, and was told prior to her interview that she was interviewing for a waitlist position. So perhaps that will be the case this year. But honestly there is no way to know for sure.

Any current students here willing to answer some questions??