2022-2023 NYU (Grossman)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 Post-II Hold

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 user
Post-II R. Knew it was a bit of a long shot, but needless to say it stung lol. Fingers crossed for the next one, and good luck everybody!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Post-II Hold. Interviewed 9/14. Kind of sad, but going to remain hopeful. Has anyone gotten accepted yet?

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
+1 Post-II (9/27) R. Still had fun interviewing and seeing some of y'all in the info sessions. Good luck to y'all who have yet to interview or on hold!

• Care
For anyone who interviewed, were there any acting stations (ie you have to role-play that the interviewer is someone from a scenario and respond in-character)? Thanks guys, I have mine coming up and am super nervous (first MMI haha)

Student here happy to answer Qs via dm

How’s the culture at NYU?

Any acceptances yet? :oops:
Interviewed last week. Dean Rivera said they had given out 10 acceptances so far. Apparently there will be more movement after the halfway point of their interview season.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any interview invite drops in October thus far? It has seemed quiet on here...

recently received an A after post-II hold, interviewed late Sep. couldn't be more grateful and excited!

• Love
Reactions: 22 users
@winne18 Congrats!!!! So excited for you! Did you send any update letters in meantime?

@winne18 Congrats!!!! So excited for you! Did you send any update letters in meantime?
At the interview, Dean Rivera mentioned that update letters didn't really do anything unless you already had them for the interview because it is hard for them to get back together and reevaluate if it adds anything. Don't quote me on this but this was my understanding

At the interview, Dean Rivera mentioned that update letters didn't really do anything unless you already had them for the interview because it is hard for them to get back together and reevaluate if it adds anything. Don't quote me on this but this was my understanding
Yep, in the info session the day after the interview he told us to send in any updates we wanted to ASAP cause the committee meets super soon after the interview and they're most likely not gonna reconvene to review someone's app just cause they sent an update (rip).

Also told us:
-Sending out 110 total acceptances between now and middle of Jan for 92 spots in MD class
-25% of NYU acceptances had 10 or more total acceptances (y e e s h)
-He will call twice from a spoofed number if you get the A
-Aiming for 1/3 of acceptances sent out by the time 1/2 of interviews are done
-Initially only a few acceptances each week, then more and more each week until mid-Jan
-Big batch of waitlist acceptances has historically gone out first week of May
-15-20% of applicants get rejected post-interview, couple get an A, most get put on Continuing Review
-Acceptances are pulled from the CR pool until mid-Jan; then CR pool gets either a WL or R
-Usually hear back 3-4 weeks after the int

Dean Rivera was huge on being transparent about the process, which was a real breath of fresh air.

Reactions: 9 users
Yep, in the info session the day after the interview he told us to send in any updates we wanted to ASAP cause the committee meets super soon after the interview and they're most likely not gonna reconvene to review someone's app just cause they sent an update (rip).

Also told us:
-Sending out 110 total acceptances between now and middle of Jan for 92 spots in MD class
-25% of NYU acceptances had 10 or more total acceptances (y e e s h)
-He will call twice from a spoofed number if you get the A
-Aiming for 1/3 of acceptances sent out by the time 1/2 of interviews are done
-Initially only a few acceptances each week, then more and more each week until mid-Jan
-Big batch of waitlist acceptances has historically gone out first week of May
-15-20% of applicants get rejected post-interview, couple get an A, most get put on Continuing Review
-Acceptances are pulled from the CR pool until mid-Jan; then CR pool gets either a WL or R
-Usually hear back 3-4 weeks after the int

Dean Rivera was huge on being transparent about the process, which was a real breath of fresh air.
did they say if theyre still sending out more IIs 💀

The way op phrased it, to me at least, sounds like they haven't reached the 1/3rd A's goal that they are aiming for, so hopefully they still have almost half of IIs?

Idk maybe this is copium
As of then they'd only sent out 10 As, but this was also a couple weeks ago so honestly who knows

just got continuing review! interviewed around 2 weeks ago

Caught the post-interview R just now :( Was surprised bc I was told decisions came on Fridays and it’s been < 3 weeks since my interview. I guess they just REALLY knew they didn’t want me lol

• Care
  • Sad
Caught the post-interview R just now :( Was surprised bc I was told decisions came on Fridays and it’s been < 3 weeks since my interview. I guess they just REALLY knew they didn’t want me lol
Bummer. Hugs. But dont think about the last part.

II today 9:28am EST!
OOS, ORM, LM 83, complete 9/28, earliest interview date 11/29

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I think historically they do a few rounds of those! NYU mentioned they finish interviewing all applicants in December- so there may be a huge wave then
if thats true then they def reviewed my 7/24 app already and KNOW they aren't gonna give II - like pls just give me the R already!!!!

Post-II hold today. Interviewed week of Oct. 24. Honestly excited that it's not the R

CR this morning, complete 8/15 and interviewed 10/26

• Care