2022-2023 Pittsburgh

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is there anyone who's already interviewed who might be able to talk to me about the team exercise during the interview? there wasn't much info and i haven't really been able to find anything, but just want to be prepared!
Here you go little dude: 2022-2023 Pittsburgh (my post about the Pittsburgh experience including the group exercise).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for anyone who interviewed today, did they say where our interviewers contact information would be?
 
For anyone who has been to the curriculum information session, can you tell me how long the meeting lasts?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received the PSTP II yesterday! Does anyone know if getting a PSTP II means you were accepted/waitlisted from the regular MD program? Since PSTP cannot accept people that were rejected from the main program, I was thinking they would only send IIs to people that were going to be accepted/waitlisted.
 
I received the PSTP II yesterday! Does anyone know if getting a PSTP II means you were accepted/waitlisted from the regular MD program? Since PSTP cannot accept people that were rejected from the main program, I was thinking they would only send IIs to people that were going to be accepted/waitlisted.

That is what I read in some publication on UPitt PSTP program.
 
I received the PSTP II yesterday! Does anyone know if getting a PSTP II means you were accepted/waitlisted from the regular MD program? Since PSTP cannot accept people that were rejected from the main program, I was thinking they would only send IIs to people that were going to be accepted/waitlisted.
They said that exactly at the PSTP info session I attended. I also remember on my interview day adcom saying they accept or waitlist 99% of interviewed applicants, rejection after II is rare.
 
Can someone confirm or deny my suspicion: Website says MD interview season ends January 13th. If I haven't received any status update or whatever on my portal, I'm assuming I won't get an interview at this point?
 
Can someone confirm or deny my suspicion: Website says MD interview season ends January 13th. If I haven't received any status update or whatever on my portal, I'm assuming I won't get an interview at this point?
I'm no adcom, decision day is about a month away at this point. I'd guess that they're probably shifting their efforts toward making final decisions on all the previous interviewees-- though I suppose more IIs could go out in the next few days for interviews at the end of this month or early Feb. Probably unlikely tho, but what do i know
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do they accept update letters post II? I can't find anything specific about them online and there does not appear to be anywhere to upload on my portal>
 
do they accept update letters post II? I can't find anything specific about them online and there does not appear to be anywhere to upload on my portal>
they do! they encouraged them during my interview day if you had something substantial to share. I emailed it to the admissions email address and they upload it to the portal 🙂
 
For anyone who interviewed on 1/12 - they encouraged us to send in update letters to the admissions email so I sent one in on Monday. Jw if anyone submitted one and if so did you receive a confirmation email?
 
For anyone who interviewed on 1/12 - they encouraged us to send in update letters to the admissions email so I sent one in on Monday. Jw if anyone submitted one and if so did you receive a confirmation email?
I sent one. They did not reply, but it showed up in my portal under the 'Application Status' tab
 
Can someone confirm or deny my suspicion: Website says MD interview season ends January 13th. If I haven't received any status update or whatever on my portal, I'm assuming I won't get an interview at this point?
Can confirm this, unfortunately. I interviewed in January and the adcom said 1/13 was the last interview day of the cycle.
 
PSTP rejection just now 🙁 . Bummed cuz I thought I was a good fit for the program and was really excited about it. I just interviewed at Pitt last week and felt good about the II. Hope this doesn't mean I messed it up! Congrats to all who received IIs!
 
Do you think this year will be like in years past where they release decisions on the portal a few days in advance? :soexcited:
Probably not, especially since they delayed the decision date a few times this cycle already. Usually the decisions come out on Friday's anyway and they have it scheduled for a Friday this year.

I think the portal was updated around 2pm last year on January 28th when the 'official' date was the 31st
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad