2022-2023 Pittsburgh

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SAME! I'm a Pittsburgh native and went to Pitt for undergrad so if I get rejected, it will literally be like Cristiano Ronaldo kicking my lower extremities.....
Does Pitt admitt more Pitt graduates/ undergraduates, given they have comparable applications to other candidates?
 
Does Pitt admitt more Pitt graduates/ undergraduates, given they have comparable applications to other candidates?
Earlier I saw 2017/2018 list of medical admissions of Upitt. 62 in 2017 and 49 in 2018 Upitt students got A into UPMC (matriculated is a different number). Since UPMC takes around 40% IS, that could be another factor as well.
 
Earlier I saw 2017/2018 list of medical admissions of Upitt. 62 in 2017 and 49 in 2018 Upitt students got A into UPMC (matriculated is a different number). Since UPMC takes around 40% IS, that could be another factor as well.
The large instate % is probably also because Pennsylvania doesn’t have any state schools. So the private schools kind of have to fill that role I’d imagine. Doesn’t help that 2 of those schools (UPenn and UPitt) are T20s and very competitive.
 
Earlier I saw 2017/2018 list of medical admissions of Upitt. 62 in 2017 and 49 in 2018 Upitt students got A into UPMC (matriculated is a different number). Since UPMC takes around 40% IS, that could be another factor as well.
Thank you for your insight. Excited and nervous for the 17th 🙂. Wishing everyone the best!!
 
Last edited:
How does PITT typically announce decisions? Phone calls or emails? Good luck to all!

According to last year's thread, it's email/portal. No phone calls.
They told us that on the 17th they will update the portal and upload a dummy website while doing so. Apparently this is how people know exactly when they are going to hear haha. They will also send an email once the portal is updated. They also send admissions decisions via regular mail which I think is so wholesome 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone noticed a recent change to the portal?

Under application status, "Your MD Application is complete and under review" is above the bolded "Supplemental Application Status" as opposed to beside it. Has it always been like this?

Last year this occured the day before decisions were released, but I can't remember if it has been like this for a while or if it changed recently.
 
Last edited:
Has anyone noticed a recent change to the portal?

Under application status, "Your MD Application is complete and under review" is above the bolded "Supplemental Application Status" as opposed to beside it. Has it always been like this?

Last year this occured the day before decisions were released, but I can't remember if it has been like this for a while or if it changed recently.
Mine looks like that too. Although I don't check the portal much so I can't attest to it being a difference from before.
 
If we interviewed in December and were to send an update letter, what are the chances it actually gets reviewed?
 
People that have completed the PSTP interview - how was interview day? Were there any breaks in between each selection committee interview or was it one after another for 3 hours?
 
Waiting for Pitt decisions like

Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF
 
This is thinking a bit ahead, but I was looking at last year's sdn thread and apparently Pitt seems to give need-based aid? Does anyone know how that's decided? I would think that most of us have 'need' because we're mostly taking out loans to pay for med school right?
 
This is thinking a bit ahead, but I was looking at last year's sdn thread and apparently Pitt seems to give need-based aid? Does anyone know how that's decided? I would think that most of us have 'need' because we're mostly taking out loans to pay for med school right?
FAFSA as well as a secondary financial aid application. Its mainly family income (even if you are independent).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else have their 'Campus Visit' tab update? I won't get everyone's hopes up but it may be different for accepted students
 
update as in?
You were admitted early decision? Yours may be different than everyone applying regular decision.
Didn't know if it updated for everyone or not, mine has a message about being accepted and the schedule. I wouldn't be discouraged if it says "accepted students only" for anyone still

Thought it may have updated for people that will be accepted Friday, but maybe that's just wishful thinking.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Didn't know if it updated for everyone or not, mine has a message about being accepted and the schedule. I wouldn't be discouraged if it says "accepted students only" for anyone still

Thought it may have updated for people that will be accepted Friday, but maybe that's just wishful thinking.
Woooo thanks for the 9 AM jumpscare xD but seriously thank you for letting us know! It's probably diff for non-ED people. However, I wouldn't be 100% surprised if decisions drop tomorrow instead of Friday, since that seemed to happen in one of the previous cycles (Friday -> Wednesday)
 
Mine says the same " campus visits are only available to admitted". My roommate's says " decision pending". She does not have the campus visits are only available to admitted message.
got it. i have the same message as you ab visits only being available to accepted students