You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Pittsburgh
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
wack_barbie
Full Member
II yesterday (9/8), 519 MCAT, 3.96 sgpa, 3.90 ogpa, finishing up a PhD, OOS
FloatingAbyss
Full Member
does anyone have any insight on how heavily stats are considered here for an interview invite and post interview acceptance?
Also interested in this!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The one that I attended only had a handful of people and everyone had their cameras on & were participatingDoes anyone have any insight on the additional info sessions we can sign up for? Do they require active attention (camera and mic on) or is it passive enough that I can just tune in and listen while I'm at work?
Yes!Anyone else here early decision?
Does anyone have any insight on the additional info sessions we can sign up for? Do they require active attention (camera and mic on) or is it passive enough that I can just tune in and listen while I'm at work?
How did you guys sign up for an information session? I can't find anything about it anywhere. 🙁The one that I attended only had a handful of people and everyone had their cameras on & were participating
It’s only available for people who have received IIs.How did you guys sign up for an information session? I can't find anything about it anywhere. 🙁
D
deleted1135362
The PSTP program requires 2 LOR's from research mentors for consideration, but what if I only have worked for one lab?
D
deleted1135362
Yes, they send you additional info when you get the IIDo you have to be invited for an interview to complete the PSTP program? I am interested but it seems no further action is required on my end from the portal
Aw, ok. However I will still be considered for regular MD right?Yes, they send you additional info when you get the II
D
deleted1140587
I’m in the same place but I submitted in June 😢At what point should I consider Pitt a soft R? Because I completed my app all the way back in July and still not a word rip 😢
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1, I think they are trying to promote awareness about it among applicants.I indicated that I am not interested in PSTP but got an email about it still along with my II. Anyone else? Not sure if this means they are encouraging an app
I would ask a post doc in your lab to write one if possible. If not, then someone (a professor, etc) that can speak on your ability to problem solve and potential for a physician-scientist; someone who wants to impact the community through research. I hope this helps!The PSTP program requires 2 LOR's from research mentors for consideration, but what if I only have worked for one lab?
Received Duke & Pitt II 09/15. First II's. Never expected Pitt to consider me. I am humbled and thankful.
514 MCAT, 3.9 GPA, Research heavy, 1 publication ( 2nd author), Decent amount of shadowing, Not URM, OOS, diverse extra-curriculars, Complete 08/02 . Wish all of you the best of luck! 🙂
514 MCAT, 3.9 GPA, Research heavy, 1 publication ( 2nd author), Decent amount of shadowing, Not URM, OOS, diverse extra-curriculars, Complete 08/02 . Wish all of you the best of luck! 🙂
dude you're just bragging... not cool at allReceived Duke & Pitt II 09/15. First II's. Never expected Pitt to consider me. I am humbled and thankful.
514 MCAT, 3.9 GPA, Research heavy, 1 publication ( 2nd author), Decent amount of shadowing, Not URM, OOS, diverse extra-curriculars, Complete 08/02 . Wish all of you the best of luck! 🙂
Thank you!dude you're just bragging... not cool at all
Since they do not release the final list until Jan, I presume later interviews do not have any disadvantage as they can be inserted in the list anywhere.
Do anyone have stats on what their preference is for IS and also for UPitt students?
D
deleted1144871
I believe pitt's class profile says that last year their class was 30% IS. afaik, Pennsylvania schools as a whole don't really have as strong of an IS preference as, say, Texas schools. So if you're OOS and interested def applyDo anyone have stats on what their preference is for IS and also for UPitt students?
When did you submit!Received Duke & Pitt II 09/15. First II's. Never expected Pitt to consider me. I am humbled and thankful.
514 MCAT, 3.9 GPA, Research heavy, 1 publication ( 2nd author), Decent amount of shadowing, Not URM, OOS, diverse extra-curriculars, Complete 08/02 . Wish all of you the best of luck! 🙂
08/03 submitted secondaries/ completeWhen did you submit!
wantabedoctor
Full Member
Same, end of June :-(I’m in the same place but I submitted in June 😢
+1 🙁Same, end of June :-(
D
deleted910026
submited early July, where II?
I signed up for one today but will be at work and likely unable to have my camera on. Should I remove it from my schedule?The one that I attended only had a handful of people and everyone had their cameras on & were participating
Yesterday's session had ~40 people and ~10 had cameras off. Mics off unless you had a question.Does anyone have any insight on the additional info sessions we can sign up for? Do they require active attention (camera and mic on) or is it passive enough that I can just tune in and listen while I'm at work?
Just got a pre-II R!
Edit: complete 6/28
Edit: complete 6/28
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II R OOS, complete 06/29
Pre-II R here too, OOS complete 7/2
Pre-II R OOS, complete 7/6
flyon_littlewing9587
Full Member
Damn big R wave
+1 R
Pre-II R as well. 🙁 I was complete 6/28
D
deleted1130038
Pre-II R loOOOOL
Right? Makes me nervous. R's to those that completed early too, so seems like they're going in order.Damn big R wave
Does this mean they're done sending IIs? I only ask because last cycle, once they started with the chronological Rs, there were pretty much no more new reports of IIs. 🙁
"Our Admissions Committee has carefully reviewed the more than 8,400 applications we have received to identify the candidates whose aspirations and accomplishments will prepare them for a successful and rewarding experience as a student at our medical school."
This is what the email said, so I'm guessing if you've applied already, you can expect some decision soon!
This is what the email said, so I'm guessing if you've applied already, you can expect some decision soon!
ConsumerOfCoins
Full Member
I don't see how we're getting out of this one Scoob"Our Admissions Committee has carefully reviewed the more than 8,400 applications we have received to identify the candidates whose aspirations and accomplishments will prepare them for a successful and rewarding experience as a student at our medical school."
This is what the email said, so I'm guessing if you've applied already, you can expect some decision soon!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
reinforced
Full Member
GG fellas"Our Admissions Committee has carefully reviewed the more than 8,400 applications we have received to identify the candidates whose aspirations and accomplishments will prepare them for a successful and rewarding experience as a student at our medical school."
This is what the email said, so I'm guessing if you've applied already, you can expect some decision soon!
ConsumerOfCoins
Full Member
I wonder if Pitt will send an mp4 with outro music when I get my inevitable R
avividsound_
Full Member
Nothing yet [emoji22] no R no II
Pre-II R, OOS, complete 7/4