You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Pittsburgh
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
This is weird because I’m my interview they said that they come together every week in Sept and evaluate people who interview. If Tommy applies in December and gets an interview in Feb and then is accepted in March, then some people would be getting IIs even after September. It’s nonsense to say that Pitt has stopped interviewing now.
The deadline for secondaries is November 15, and they extended the interview window to Jan 10th so it's not out of the question that some interviews will still go out to later applicants.This is weird because I’m my interview they said that they come together every week in Sept and evaluate people who interview. If Tommy applies in December and gets an interview in Feb and then is accepted in March, then some people would be getting IIs even after September. It’s nonsense to say that Pitt has stopped interviewing now.
That being said, the lag time between II and available date was upwards of 10 weeks at one point based on prior responses. Seems to be the same pattern as last year
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II R, OOS, complete 7/1
D
deleted910026
completed 7/13 radio silence lol, same thing happened for my Uchicago app, waiting for a R
D
deleted1140587
Pre-II R
flyon_littlewing9587
Full Member
Has anyone who was complete after 7/7 received anything?
Has anyone who was complete after 7/7 received anything?
Complete 8/9, II 8/30
Leeroy_Jenkins
Full Member
Checked my portal today and got a pre-II rejection but I never received an email. Strange.
Was complete 7/6
Edit: this is what it says for me in the portal despite no email (not in spam either): "In these very competitive times, it becomes increasingly difficult for us to choose the best among the outstanding people who submit applications to us. The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine has decided not to extend an interview to you in this application year."
Oh well, another one bites the dust.
Second edit: ayyyyyy, just received the rejection email!
Was complete 7/6
Edit: this is what it says for me in the portal despite no email (not in spam either): "In these very competitive times, it becomes increasingly difficult for us to choose the best among the outstanding people who submit applications to us. The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine has decided not to extend an interview to you in this application year."
Oh well, another one bites the dust.
Second edit: ayyyyyy, just received the rejection email!
Last edited:
+1 I also just checked and portal says that but never received an email. Complete 7/5Checked my portal today and got a pre-II rejection but I never received an email. Strange.
Was complete 7/6
Edit: this is what it says for me in the portal despite no email (not in spam either): "In these very competitive times, it becomes increasingly difficult for us to choose the best among the outstanding people who submit applications to us. The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine has decided not to extend an interview to you in this application year."
Oh well, another one bites the dust.
Just received the R email
itsdablaze
Full Member
Also took the L this morning. Complete 7/10
flyon_littlewing9587
Full Member
Me submitting on 7/7 and seeing all these R’s lol![]()
Me who submitted in August watching all the Rs come in.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
flyon_littlewing9587
Full Member
Anyone submit 7/7 or after receive a Pre-II R?
Submitted 7/10 and received the Pre-II R this morningAnyone submit 7/7 or after receive a Pre-II R?
Complete end of August here![]()
Me who submitted in August watching all the Rs come in.

flyon_littlewing9587
Full Member
I think they’re sending my rejection by snail mail. Like literal snail mail. As in strap it to a snail and give him Mapquest directions to my house snail mail.
cherrywing27
Full Member
II today! Complete 8/5. OOS, ORM.
kimcheegirl101
Full Member
Just checked the application portal and below the letters of recommendation section, there’s an option to learn more about the PSTP program and register to apply. Does that show up for everyone? Haven’t gotten II yet or R.
D
deleted910026
i get that too, lol hopefully it will turn into an II coz it says on their website we cannot apply to PSTP without getting an IIJust checked the application portal and below the letters of recommendation section, there’s an option to learn more about the PSTP program and register to apply. Does that show up for everyone? Haven’t gotten II yet or R.
edit: nvm, when you try to proceed it just say you are already registered but doesn't direct you to the application page. waiting for my R
I think is a place holder if you elect the PSTP incase you get an II. Should show up for everyone who selected interest in PSTP.. I belive PSTP apps section opens in November for those who had interview invites... there is a secon PSTP in person interview in the spring.Just checked the application portal and below the letters of recommendation section, there’s an option to learn more about the PSTP program and register to apply. Does that show up for everyone? Haven’t gotten II yet or R.
That is amazing, congrats!!! When were you complete? & If you don't mind my asking, what was the first available interview date?OOS II, received 9/27! Don't give up!
8/26 complete, earliest available dates are in DecemberThat is amazing, congrats!!! When were you complete? & If you don't mind my asking, what was the first available interview date?
Hello all! Early decision applicant, and I just received an acceptance! I am beyond grateful and overwhelmed by the news. I wish all of you the best of luck and please message me with any questions that you might have about the secondary or interview. I am far from the best applicant with an OK gpa and OK mcat. GOOD LUCK!😄
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Hello all! Early decision applicant, and I just received an acceptance! I am beyond grateful and overwhelmed by the news. I wish all of you the best of luck and please message me with any questions that you might have about the secondary or interview. I am far from the best applicant with an OK gpa and OK mcat. GOOD LUCK!😄
Mr.Shawarma
Full Member
Congrats!! This is my dream school, stats are a little short but I really hope it works out
R last week that I just found on my portal cause they never sent an email 💀. Complete 07/09, LM 77.
flyon_littlewing9587
Full Member
Where did you see it on your portal by chance?R last week that I just found on my portal cause they never sent an email 💀. Complete 07/09, LM 77.
In the application status tab iircWhere did you see it on your portal by chance?
For those who got II's, do you think your research experience is strong? I know Pitts really values research, but idk what is considered competitive with Pitts
In my case, I have a good bit of research.
Completed my MS in Biology in 2020, went on to (adjunct) profess at my university, then got a job as a research tech for the Department of Defense, where I currently am still working.
Altogether estimated like 3,000 - 4,000 hours of research. I guess this could have made the difference for me, since my stats are pretty low for Pitt (LM 69.9).
I wouldn’t call my research experience strong. I didn’t mark any of them as most meaningful and haven’t done research for over 2 years now. Only 93% of Pitt’s class has any research experience at all so I feel they honestly don’t place as much emphasis on it as other research heavy schools.For those who got II's, do you think your research experience is strong? I know Pitts really values research, but idk what is considered competitive with Pitts
I had no research.For those who got II's, do you think your research experience is strong? I know Pitts really values research, but idk what is considered competitive with Pitts
That's pretty amazing honestly. I busted my ass off in undergrad but there is only so much research I could do, especially with COVID. I am currently doing my gap year in research, on top of maybe about 1000 hours from undergrad. I really like Pitts' PSTP and it is my top choice! Although I haven't gotten an R yet I am shaking in my boots lol. Good luck to your interview!In my case, I have a good bit of research.
Completed my MS in Biology in 2020, went on to (adjunct) profess at my university, then got a job as a research tech for the Department of Defense, where I currently am still working.
Altogether estimated like 3,000 - 4,000 hours of research. I guess this could have made the difference for me, since my stats are pretty low for Pitt (LM 69.9).
That's pretty amazing honestly. I busted my ass off in undergrad but there is only so much research I could do, especially with COVID. I am currently doing my gap year in research, on top of maybe about 1000 hours from undergrad. I really like Pitts' PSTP and it is my top choice! Although I haven't gotten an R yet I am shaking in my boots lol. Good luck to your interview!
Thanks so much!
I feel like I got lucky finishing my MS right as COVID took hold in 2020. It cut my thesis research short a little, but we put together a finished product of sorts. It’s definitely made it harder for people in years since.
Pitt is basically my top choice as well and I feel super lucky for my II. I’ll try to work it as best I can in October for the interview!
I have one year of rsx experience working on my own project and now thesis! I think that quality is important. If you've had research experience for 3+ years but don't sound passionate about it that can raise eyebrows. I think your passion will shine through the quantity of years!For those who got II's, do you think your research experience is strong? I know Pitts really values research, but idk what is considered competitive with Pitts
I didn't have any pubs, but I had a little over 700 hours of research experience over three years!For those who got II's, do you think your research experience is strong? I know Pitts really values research, but idk what is considered competitive with Pitts
For those who got II's, do you think your research experience is strong? I know Pitts really values research, but idk what is considered competitive with Pitts
I feel like I did (first author plus 10+ posters)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
noIs Pitt having in-person interviews with this cycle?
Thank you
sad.pre.med
Full Member
Research is definitely important. I went in with ~1000 hours of clinical research and a few pubs/conferences to augmentFor those who got II's, do you think your research experience is strong? I know Pitts really values research, but idk what is considered competitive with Pitts
BigFyoochurHendy
Full Member
congrats!! when did you complete?