2022-2023 Rutgers, New Jersey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
if i interviewed late august and haven’t heard back yet, is that a WL or R?
I don't think so! I believe last year people heard back months and months after their interview date. It's still kind of early

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Wanted to give a friendly reminder that we made a group chat for the accepted students!
You're invited to my new group 'NJMS Class of 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yep! MSAR says 67 went to ED, but there were 29 from BS/MD and 2 more from Early Assurance.
I wonder how many of the 447 interviewed were for the ED, BS/MD and EA spots? Curious % of offer for regular admission after interview IS.

II received! UG GPA 3.53, SMP GPA 3.90; MCAT 518; complete 7/15; OOS, ORM (but LGBT for what it's worth)

Hey everyone. I interviewed a couple of weeks ago but just received an email asking me to have a second interview. I know most people do not have to do this so I am nervous about what this implies. If there are any students/anyone with insight would you be able to let me know what this is about so I can stop working myself up through speculation? Thanks :)

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone. I interviewed a couple of weeks ago but just received an email asking me to have a second interview. I know most people do not have to do this so I am nervous about what this implies. If there are any students/anyone with insight would you be able to let me know what this is about so I can stop working myself up through speculation? Thanks :)
Hey man I’m sure you have this in the bag, maybe they didn’t like the interviewers assessment or maybe they were supposed to ask a question and didn’t. If anything it’s a second opportunity to show how bright you shine!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
just received II! LM 65, OOS, completed 08/18. im prob forgetting other info, goodluck!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Got the call tonight around 9pm! So excited. Interviewed 9/26

Reactions: 3 users
Is there any consensus on the RD post-interview turnaround time? This is the only school I've interviewed with that hasn't given an estimate.

Is there any consensus on the RD post-interview turnaround time? This is the only school I've interviewed with that hasn't given an estimate.
I interviewed on 9/26 and was accepted on 11/7 - hope that helps

II received 11/8, scheduled 11/17. IS 73 LM. How heavily do they weigh the interview?

Do you find out who the faculty interviewer is ahead of time?
It was weird, I could have sworn I saw an interviewer name when I first signed up, but I couldn’t find it later on. I was indeed paired with that interviewer on interview day though.

I wonder when they are starting to hand out As to Oct. interviewees...it seems like they took almost a month just to notify the late Sept people (of their acceptances only and not even the Rs and WLs)...

I wonder when they are starting to hand out As to Oct. interviewees...it seems like they took almost a month just to notify the late Sept people (of their acceptances only and not even the Rs and WLs)...

According to the portal they said 6-9 weeks. Last year it took months. As long as its taking, seems like they are being generous this year lol

According to the portal they said 6-9 weeks. Last year it took months. As long as its taking, seems like they are being generous this year lol
Interesting...I don't see any time estimates on the portal. They are going pretty fast this year compared to the previous ones haha.

Interesting...I don't see any time estimates on the portal. They are going pretty fast this year compared to the previous ones haha.
Its under Admission Overview --> Post interview process

Did anyone else from 10/4 not get a call yet? Do you think they’ll still be doing calls tomorrow?

Did anyone else from 10/4 not get a call yet? Do you think they’ll still be doing calls tomorrow?
I think they generally just do calls Sunday through Tuesday nights (according to this thread) seems like this week they were generous and extended it to Wed. Earlier it took them several weeks to get to multiple people from 9/25, 26, 27 people and it also wasn't in exact chronological order

I think they generally just do calls Sunday through Tuesday nights (according to this thread) seems like this week they were generous and extended it to Wed. Earlier it took them several weeks to get to multiple people from 9/25, 26, 27 people and it also wasn't in exact chronological order
Thank you for some reassurance — definitely hoping to hear from them soon

Just got the call at around 9:30pm today!! Very excited. And it seems they are handing out As outside of Sun-Tues. lol, but it does seem like they are not going exactly in order. Best of luck to everyone!!

Last edited:
Interviewed yesterday, 11/17, anyone else have a relatively short interview, (only 30 mins), or was that just me?

Just got the call at around 9:30pm today!! Very excited. And it seems they are handing out As outside of Sun-Tues. lol, but it does seem like they are not going exactly in order. Best of luck to everyone!!
Congrats! What date did you interview?

Interviewed yesterday, 11/17, anyone else have a relatively short interview, (only 30 mins), or was that just me?
The interviews vary. Many people here said their interview was chill. I was grilled like a steak for a full hour (She prepared a long list of questions to ask me).

• Haha
Any OOS ORM acceptances here? Just trying to get an idea of my chances since I'm not from NJ. I interviewed here recently.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anybody know when will NJMS send out fin aid packages to accepted students? Or if there is a specific timeframe between your acceptance and your package

Got the Acceptance Call Last Night!! Interviewed late october

Reactions: 6 users