2021-2022 Sam Houston State University - College of Osteopathic Medicine (SHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Y'all I just got an II! My 1st ever! Scheduled for 10/01 morning.

FYI: URM, IS, MCAT 502, 2 publications, 1 poster presentation, non-trad, Spanish-speaking, lots of volunteer hrs, 2 letters from DOs. Secondary completed 08/14

Super pumped and I appreciate any advice and positivity

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Just got the II. Scheduled for 10/1

Members don't see this ad :)
Kind of worrying about not hearing back from this school, I really like the area and I think I have ok enough stats? Didn't submit my secondary until late August though

Is it just me or is this school interviewing everyone? Did anyone not get an interview here that was complete early on?

Is it just me or is this school interviewing everyone? Did anyone not get an interview here that was complete early on?
That's honestly never a good assumption to make in a process like this and makes you sound arrogant. You have to remember there are thousands of applicants hoping to hear something. I completed my app early on and have not heard back.

Reactions: 10 users
LOL my dude...I have 8 interview invites and was complete here in July and have yet to receive an II from here as an IS applicant. Bad take huge L FORSURE

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does SHSU send out prematch emails starting the 15th for those who are in-state?

Does SHSU send out prematch emails starting the 15th for those who are in-state?
Refer to this post

Post in: 'The Republic of Texas XL: If you are riding a high horse, there ain't no way to get down off it gracefully.'
The Republic of Texas XL: If you are riding a high horse, there ain't no way to get down off it gracefully.

Texas schools are not prematch heavy on the first day. You are lucky if you get one but assuming from past trends, SHSU does not send out a lot of offers on the first day of pre-match.

Did they ever say anything about their timeline? With interviews starting in July I figured they’d be sending As on 10/15

Did they ever say anything about their timeline? With interviews starting in July I figured they’d be sending As on 10/15
I'm wondering if anyone got a prematch today?
Last year, I think their first batch of A's came out on Nov 16

Reactions: 1 users
I'm wondering if anyone got a prematch today?
Last year, I think their first batch of A's came out on Nov 16
I had my interview today and they said that they did begin sending out offers today but she made it seem like it will be on a very rolling basis so I think there’s a decent amount left to be sent out over time based on how it was framed

Reactions: 3 users
I had my interview today and they said that they did begin sending out offers today but she made it seem like it will be on a very rolling basis so I think there’s a decent amount left to be sent out over time based on how it was framed
Perfect, thank you!!

I interviewed on the first day they had interviews (July 16th) and got accepted today!

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users
anyone know how long after the interview they will send out decisions? I interviewed on 9/27 and haven't heard back from them

II just now! So shocked! I was getting so sad about TX schools ghosting me. I have just under 70 stats... you know the number... :oops:

II just now! So shocked! I was getting so sad about TX schools ghosting me. I have just under 70 stats... you know the number... :oops:
“You know the number” lmaooo congratulations! I also feel like every single TMDSAS school has ghosted me but this gives me hope!

Hello! I know more pre-matches are still going to be going put for this school, so can all future pre-matches list what day u interviewed and as many stats as u r comfortable sharing? Would b greatly appreciated !

Hello! I know more pre-matches are still going to be going put for this school, so can all future pre-matches list what day u interviewed and as many stats as u r comfortable sharing? Would b greatly appreciated !
Hi! I interviewed on July 16th.
MCAT: 512
GPA: 3.93
First time applicant.
Low shadowing experience (4 hours), but currently working as a scribe during my gap year.
Accepted on 10/15.

• Love
Hi! I interviewed on July 16th.
MCAT: 512
GPA: 3.93
First time applicant.
Low shadowing experience (4 hours), but currently working as a scribe during my gap year.
Accepted on 10/15.
Sweet thanks so much for the info, and also, congrats!!

I know this is super random, but has this school commented on adjusting tuition/ and or offering more scholarships to students? For future classes perhaps

I know this is super random, but has this school commented on adjusting tuition/ and or offering more scholarships to students? For future classes perhaps
Their tuition is closer to an average Med school tuition because they were not able to get approved for TX state subsidy. I don’t think it will change much.

Has anyone heard back from October 1st interview date?

According to last years thread, I think some of the first interviewees weren’t notified until Nov 16/17 so maybe we can expect that this year as well

just got an II this morning! First II this cycle! Scheduled for 12/17. Complete 10/01

got an II this morning. Hoping for the best for us all!!!
Complete: 9/22; OOS.

Pre-matched! Oh my gosh, this is so amazing! Good luck to everyone in this cycle! Anything is possible!

HOLY COW PREMATCHED! 3rd-time applicant! Never give up on your dream

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Hey guys!! Can everyone who prematched (which congratulations!!) say when you interviewed?

Pre matched today! Interviewed 08/27. LM 66 or 68 I can’t remember lol. Keeps y’all’s heads up!