You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 SUNY Upstate (Norton)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
IS hold today, LM 64. I'm happy to just get a response from any school haha :'(
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I genuinely think they’re overwhelmed and trying to pause to catch up. I didn’t take the hold as anything bad if everyone was held.Maybe the hold isn't a bad sign if everyone's getting it? idk tho just trying to stay hopefull
yeah could be that.I genuinely think they’re overwhelmed and trying to pause to catch up. I didn’t take the hold as anything bad if everyone was held.
I genuinely think they’re overwhelmed and trying to pause to catch up. I didn’t take the hold as anything bad if everyone was held.
Or it can be an error…my email didn’t have my name on it and the bottom said in the name part
I’m emailing them back and holding their hold until I reconsider them amongst my A’s.Or it can be an error…my email didn’t have my name on it and the bottom said in the name part
Did some people have their name written in the email?Or it can be an error…my email didn’t have my name on it and the bottom said in the name part
Mine doesn't either. I just double checked.Did some people have their name written in the email?
Yea i dont think upstate ever puts ‘dear.____’ or have name typed out..Mine doesn't either. I just double checked.
Hate to be that guy but II this afternoon
Hiss!!! 😡Hate to be that guy but II this afternoon
PremedKid4
Full Member
Hate to be that guy but II this afternoon
a beacon of light in this thread LOL
anything you felt stood out? Live near the school or something?
Honestly :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cheesecake11
Full Member
i saw someone on reddit saying they see a status of hold on their portal page... i don't see this but I got the hold email. does anyone else see it?
Where do you see a hold? I can’t see it either
justpeachy844
Full Member
I was complete 7/28 and haven’t received any update since then… does anyone’s portal login show anything in the “status” column? Mine is blank. Also, is there a note beside the Supplemental Application that says “Supplemental Load Process”?
Mine's blank as well. Just got the pre-II hold email about 15 minutes ago. It was blank before that too.I was complete 7/28 and haven’t received any update since then… does anyone’s portal login show anything in the “status” column? Mine is blank. Also, is there a note beside the Supplemental Application that says “Supplemental Load Process”?
traveler15
Full Member
Hold today, LM 71, IS
splovescandles
Full Member
Hold today as well. IS, LM 76
PremedKid4
Full Member
They're not done with the holds?
For a school that interviews 20-25% of NY kids who apply, really feel like theyre just putting everyone on hold so they can catch up or something honestly
For a school that interviews 20-25% of NY kids who apply, really feel like theyre just putting everyone on hold so they can catch up or something honestly
D
deleted1140526
Has anyone heard back from the MD-PhD program? Seems to be a lot of MD activity, but wasn't sure about the other
Never mind I found it and it’s blank as well. It also says Supplemental Load Process. complete on 9/1 and haven’t heard anything sinceWait how and where are you guys seeing a status column? Mine doesn’t show a “status” column anywhere
I thought the same thing! I submitted on September 3rd and didn't get the complete email until the 7th. I have schools I've been complete at for a month now and still haven't heard anything from so I was pretty surprised.I got a hold today after being completed on September 6. There's no way they reviewed my application thoroughly that quickly right? ..... right?
Leeroy_Jenkins
Full Member
OOS complete 7/27 --> HOLD 9/16
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
strugglinnortherngorl
New Member
Anyone else get bamboozled by SUNY’s recent “ You’re Invited!” email from admissions for their PhD program[emoji3517]
Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats & complete date? Are you IS or OOS?
IS LM 67 Complete 9/20Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats & complete date? Are you IS or OOS?
Has anyone who was put on hold received an II?
justpeachy844
Full Member
Anyone who submitted their secondary in July and has not been placed on hold or received an II? Have any R's been sent out?
Just placed on hold. Complete early August
gone_fishing01
Full Member
+1, Complete 8/24Just placed on hold. Complete early August
+2 complete complete 09/09+1, Complete 8/24
maybeafutureMD
Full Member
AHHHHH II RECEIVED RIGHT NOW!!! (I'm IS)
Secondary completed 7/27/22. On hold 9/9/22. II today 9/30/22. screaming.
Secondary completed 7/27/22. On hold 9/9/22. II today 9/30/22. screaming.
Last edited:
that's amazing! I hope upstate pulls more ppl out from the hold pool!!!! good luck!AHHHHH II RECEIVED RIGHT NOW!!! (I'm IS)
Secondary completed 7/27/22. On II hold 9/9/22. II today 9/30/22. screaming.
Email. Didn’t notice a change in my portal.how do you know if you've been put on hold? does it say in the portal?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats. What dates are open for interview?
January, I can’t remember the exact dates.
chipchip101
New Member
If you interviewed, are you required to send an update afterwards noting what you have done since applying? I would have assumed you do not need to, but the language in one of their videos made it seem like you should - any thoughts? Thanks!
OOS hold received today, complete 9/5.
WannabeBoneWizard
Full Member
First MD hold today 🥳