2022-2023 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello, I just did the same thing! What did you end up doing?
yeah... i did the same thing. i think i'm just going to leave it though because i don't really want to send them an email revealing that i didn't read their instructions carefully enough, just so i can tell them about a few of my classes that i took online.

idk.. i doubt they care that much about knowing which classes we took online. someone can correct me if i'm wrong.

Members don't see this ad.

yeah... i did the same thing. i think i'm just going to leave it though because i don't really want to send them an email revealing that i didn't read their instructions carefully enough, just so i can tell them about a few of my classes that i took online.

idk.. i doubt they care that much about knowing which classes we took online. someone can correct me if i'm wrong.
Absent COVID, I think the schools did care if you took any of the pre-req courses online. But given that many classes were converted to online during COVID, I think this cycle (and the next few) will be a soft automatic "pass" for taking classes online. Net, net...they won't care.

Does anyone know if the Maine track is limited to just residents of Maine? I'm interested in rural health, but I'm OOS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anybody getting any updates on their application status on the application portal status page? Mine doesn't indicate if my application has been reviewed so far.

Is anybody getting any updates on their application status on the application portal status page? Mine doesn't indicate if my application has been reviewed so far.
Mine just says my application is ready. I don't think many schools provide step-by-step status updates like whether your app has been reviewed, it's more likely that it will only update if you've been invited for an interview, rejected, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone applying to MD/MPH? If so, do you need to submit the MPH app at the same time as the MD secondary?

How much time do you think I have to submit the MPH app? I just submitted secondary today.
I don't think there's a set deadline before it locks you out; for me, I submitted MPH ~2.5 weeks after secondary just bc that's when I had time to do it.

I also have a question about 7. I have an average mcat and gpa with no really significant academic hardships to talk about, is it really okay to say no or should I put something in anyways about covid making it harder to study and that kind of impacted my grades etc. I get that it sounds pretentious but I feel weird saying no to a question. what did everyone else do?

I took the question as a way to reflect on why my grades as a college student were sub-par and the personal and academic work I have done to improve my study habits and study strategies. I didn't use it as a way to talk about "hardship" that was imposed upon me, though in retrospect I probably could have said more about my underperforming rural high school.

Is it okay to use "Tufts" as the shorthand for the university's name throughout the essays or should we write out Tufts University School of Medicine (or is there some other acronym that I'm not seeing :O)

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it okay to use "Tufts" as the shorthand for the university's name throughout the essays or should we write out Tufts University School of Medicine (or is there some other acronym that I'm not seeing :O)
TUSM! Be careful, TUSOM is tulane.

Saw this thread bump to the top and got all anxious that people were getting IIs LMAO

Reactions: 5 users
OOS II received at 3:40 EST.

Just received an email asking for more information regarding my institutional action. Sadly no II, but I definitely had a mini heart attack.

Reactions: 4 users
congrats to those who received ii! did you apply boston or maine track?

Just received an email asking for more information regarding my institutional action. Sadly no II, but I definitely had a mini heart attack.
I received this same email. Do you mind sharing when you were complete?

Did you/they ever follow up? I just received the same email today.
I responded to their email last week but they never got back to me... so I sent a follow up email this morning and they just responded at around 1:00 PM.

Last edited:
For those that have received II, are they having in person or virtual interviews?

were we supposed to include additional information about our IAs in our secondary, or are they only reaching out for additional information once they review your application?

were we supposed to include additional information about our IAs in our secondary, or are they only reaching out for additional information once they review your application?
They’re asking for your school to send them extra information directly. I just checked and they didn’t ask for this in the secondary app itself, so probably after review.

Reactions: 1 users
They’re asking for your school to send them extra information directly. I just checked and they didn’t ask for this in the secondary app itself, so probably after review.
thanks! I didn't see anything either, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

II to Maine program! OOS some ties to Maine, Maine completed 7/29 (normal Tufts 7/2)

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
II to Maine track! This is my dream program, hopefully works out! 😊😊

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Got my II earlier today! Reapplicant, maybe this time will work out?? We will see...

Reactions: 9 users
complete 7/26, hoping to hear good news soon

Reactions: 1 users
II to Boston, OOS, complete 7/20ish, LM 67, 5’11, 180lbs

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users