You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone else complete in early July still in silence?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yea complete June 29th, received complete email July 4thAnyone else complete in early July still in silence?
enneagram7w8
Full Member
yup, complete sometime in first few days of JulyAnyone else complete in early July still in silence?
+1 OOS with strong tiesAnyone else complete in early July still in silence?
Congrats! When were you complete?
Thanks!
I submitted my Maine essays on 07/30, but was marked complete for everything else likely around 07/20!
I have at least 2 new activities/experiences to add since submitting my primary, so I did. Haven't heard anything back since getting the application complete email on 8/27.
Is anyone going to send update letters pre-II?
Yes, I sent one yesterdayIs anyone going to send update letters pre-II?
Tatum00green
Full Member
Does anyone know if admissions are a little more lenient the earlier you have an interview? Firstly, I think almost everyone that applied to the Maine program got their invite on the same day (tell me if I am wrong but I think everyone got their invite at some point in early September) so I am not sure if there are fewer applicants this year or this is just how they do things now. That's why all qualities of applicants are probably in the early and late interviews. Do you think there is still the advantage to doing the earlier interview or does it not really matter? I am also a reapplicant so I am not sure if the admissions committee doesn't like that.
Does anyone know if admissions are a little more lenient the earlier you have an interview? Firstly, I think almost everyone that applied to the Maine program got their invite on the same day (tell me if I am wrong but I think everyone got their invite at some point in early September) so I am not sure if there are fewer applicants this year or this is just how they do things now. That's why all qualities of applicants are probably in the early and late interviews. Do you think there is still the advantage to doing the earlier interview or does it not really matter? I am also a reapplicant so I am not sure if the admissions committee doesn't like that.
I got an II for the Maine track on 10/05, and that’s all I know about that.
Buriburizaemon
Full Member
Any A yet? I thought the results were supposed to come out within the first two weeks of the month.
Any A from 10/19 interview yet?
I don't think anyone's gonna get accepted to any school before the 15th, most likely the 17th as the 15th is on Saturday
Last edited:
I don't think anyone's gonna get accepted to any school before the 15th, most likely the 17th as the 15th is on Saturday
A few schools, I forget which, did throw caution to the wind and start accepting people earlier this week!
It’s only a guideline, not a requirement!
Oh wow ok nvm then! Thought it was a rule but I guess not, thanks for letting me know 🙂A few schools, I forget which, did throw caution to the wind and start accepting people earlier this week!
It’s only a guideline, not a requirement!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A few schools, I forget which, did throw caution to the wind and start accepting people earlier this week!
It’s only a guideline, not a requirement!
A diff I school I interviewed at said it was a rule during a q&a
Yup, it’s one of those AMCAS traffic rules! I wouldn’t complain if any schools sent me early As tho lolA diff I school I interviewed at said it was a rule during a q&a
Yup, it’s one of those AMCAS traffic rules! I wouldn’t complain if any schools sent me early As tho lol
That’s so interesting I know for example UC Davis just accepted people earlier today
Tatum00green
Full Member
We think Maine track is also hearing back this week?
I can't remember 100% for certain but I think they said on interview day that we would. Last year people reported Maine As (email and call) shortly after AMCAS allowed it.We think Maine track is also hearing back this week?
marebear1914
Full Member
Any acceptance calls/emails yet? The suspense is killing me 😳
honestMaize28
Full Member
^^^^ SameAny acceptance calls/emails yet? The suspense is killing me 😳
Tatum00green
Full Member
same lol. I don't expect to be getting a call but at the same time it would be nice
Tatum00green
Full Member
Congrats! Maine or Boston?Just got the call!!
Boston!Congrats! Maine or Boston?
honestMaize28
Full Member
Congratulations!Just got the call!!
Buriburizaemon
Full Member
Just got the call as well. Interviewed on 9/19.
honestMaize28
Full Member
Just got the call! Boston
Just got the call! Boston
Congrats! Can you share when you interviewed 😀?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
honestMaize28
Full Member
I interviewed on the first interview day which I believe was 9/19Congrats! Can you share when you interviewed 😀?
Premed Friend
Full Member
Just got called as well. Interviewed 9/28. Looks like they're going in chronological order with the calls so best of luck y'all.
Tatum00green
Full Member
have maine track people gotten acceptances yet
honestMaize28
Full Member
According to last year's thread someone got a call at 4PM ET!Please tell me more calls are going out lol
I got the call. Interviewed on 9/26 for Boston track!
Was the call just now? Or a while ago
Was the call just now? Or a while ago
Got it at 2:19pm EST
Tatum00green
Full Member
interviewed 9/30 with Maine, still not heard anything
marebear1914
Full Member
If we don't get an acceptance call we're still supposed to hear something, right? Like if we have been deferred to the waitlist or rejected? The Tufts website says this:
Interviewed applicants are reviewed by our Admissions Committee on a monthly basis and will receive notification of the Committee's decision within the first two weeks of the following month.
The applicant will receive one of the following responses: Offer of Admission, Notification of Rejection or Notification of a Deferred Decision. Notification will be sent via email and US post.
So should I still be expecting an email today?
Interviewed applicants are reviewed by our Admissions Committee on a monthly basis and will receive notification of the Committee's decision within the first two weeks of the following month.
The applicant will receive one of the following responses: Offer of Admission, Notification of Rejection or Notification of a Deferred Decision. Notification will be sent via email and US post.
So should I still be expecting an email today?
Tatum00green
Full Member
if you don't hear something today or tomorrow, you might get a deferred email at the end of the week
marebear1914
Full Member
Oh do you think they will still be making calls tomorrow?if you don't hear something today or tomorrow, you might get a deferred email at the end of the week
Tatum00green
Full Member
Hope so lol. It usually takes them a couple of days but having been deferred last year, I can't say I am personally very confident but who knows.Oh do you think they will still be making calls tomorrow?
Tatum00green
Full Member
also I though acceptances usually come out alphabetically but I am not sure.
and Boston vs Maine pls?congrats!! per tatum's previous message, can you tell us what quartile of the alphabet your last name falls LOL
Tatum00green
Full Member
You know I thought about, there is a good chance that because Maine is separate from the Boston track, they are on their own timeline for when they will address people. So maybe we will hear later on since Boston had a more significant interview month than they maine program (I think there were only two interviews in september both being the last few days of the monthand Boston vs Maine pls?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
got the call at 10am pst!
You're definitely right, but nothing will stop my neuroticism this week!!You know I thought about, there is a good chance that because Maine is separate from the Boston track, they are on their own timeline for when they will address people. So maybe we will hear later on since Boston had a more significant interview month than they maine program (I think there were only two interviews in september both being the last few days of the month
Tatum00green
Full Member
Trust me I'm right here with you. However, given your LM I would be surprised if you were not accepted especially for the Maine program. So lets just wait and seeYou're definitely right, but nothing will stop my neuroticism this week!!
stresscupcake
New Member
got the call at 10am pst!
Would you mind sharing what day you interviewed?Just got the A! 🙂
Edit: Also, Congrats!!
Last edited: