2022-2023 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II OMG! Complete mid July!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an email asking for more information regarding my institutional action. Sadly no II, but I definitely had a mini heart attack.
Just received this same email, I'm applying MD-PhD. Weirdly though, I checked my email inbox from my last cycle in 2020 (I'm a reapplicant) and they did not ask for IA information last time- so either their policy changed, or they only send the email out to applicants they are interested in after a review.. rly hope its the second one lol

Reactions: 1 user
Just received this same email, I'm applying MD-PhD. Weirdly though, I checked my email inbox from my last cycle in 2020 (I'm a reapplicant) and they did not ask for IA information last time- so either their policy changed, or they only send the email out to applicants they are interested in after a review.. rly hope its the second one lol
If it makes you feel any better, I got the email and then an II a week later. But obviously, this is just one person's experience.

I am also a reapplicant, both years I got the IA email and both years I got interviews. This year I actually got the IA email after I got my invite.

Reactions: 1 users
If it makes you feel any better, I got the email and then an II a week later. But obviously, this is just one person's experience.
Good to hear. When did you submit. What are your stats. I am asking because, if one has an IA, they need to have stellar stats?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Good to hear. When did you submit. What are your stats. I am asking because, if one has an IA, they need to have stellar stats?
Thanks

not the person you responded to, but i have an IA (not academic integrity) and I have 3 md/phd interviews so far this cycle, 3.55GPA and 520 MCAT.

also, super interesting to see how many people are applying with IAs. honestly given the lack of info online i kind of thought i was in this pretty alone

not the person you responded to, but i have an IA (not academic integrity) and I have 3 md/phd interviews so far this cycle, 3.55GPA and 520 MCAT.

also, super interesting to see how many people are applying with IAs. honestly given the lack of info online i kind of thought i was in this pretty alone
Bruh you can get an IA for literally ANYTHING, even some of the most vanilla infractions. In my case, I was actually told that I would not have my infraction on my record and that I would only receive a warning. But the warning alone was actually an IA in itself for something I did my first month of undergrad and I have had nothing since. To put things in perspective, like you could have gotten a noise complaint for having the Tv on too loud and if your RA was in a bad mood you could get an IA for that as well.

Thanks
Not me but I also got an IA and a II. I must note that I am a reapplicant and a maine track applicant so the same things may not apply to you. Regardless my stats are what I would consider modest. 510 MCAT, 3.72 GPA, 3.75+ science GPA.

woah.

is there a way to check for these kinds of things cuz i was def not a saint in undergrad but I've never reported any IA bc I was never actually punished for anything
Do you have a committee letter type system? To be honest I had no clue of anything as well. What happened was that to apply for the committee letter we had to go through an application through our health professions department who basically did a thorough review of any action the university took and they informed me of that IA. So if you had a similar system and were not informed of anyting than you should be fine. Also even if you weren't perfect (nobody is perfect) but an RA or somebody else never caught you and hence you never got in any disciplinary position, you should be fine.

Anyone else complete in early July still waiting to hear back? Complete 7/5 for the Boston campus

Reactions: 3 users
Out of curiosity, has anyone on this forum submitted an application with an IA and not received an email from Tufts asking for additional documentation?

Thanks
Mid july and LM 65, far from stellar stats. As someone mentioned I think it would depend on what the IA is for, but minor ones shouldn't be a problem at most schools from what I've seen/experienced.

Out of curiosity, has anyone on this forum submitted an application with an IA and not received an email from Tufts asking for additional documentation?
i have not received an email, and I applied with an IA. are they just requiring a dean's certification letter showing your disciplinary record?

Me… complete 7/15

Anybody have insight to how the interviews are this year? I'm not sure when the first interview is scheduled for

Anybody have insight to how the interviews are this year? I'm not sure when the first interview is scheduled for
I know they are the same structure they were last year. Last year I remember them going as follows:

- MMI x3 no more than 10 minutes each
- 1 traditional interview, no more than 25 minutes

Break for 15 minutes

Interview goes by alarmingly fast, you are not allowed to ask questions because there is usually not enough time. However, you do get a chance to ask questions at the end during the panel.

I know they are the same structure they were last year. Last year I remember them going as follows:

Break for 15 minutes

Interview goes by alarmingly fast, you are not allowed to ask questions because there is usually not enough time. However, you do get a chance to ask questions at the end during the panel.

Is this for the Maine Track? The Boston II email said nothing about MMI

Is this for the Maine Track? The Boston II email said nothing about MMI
Had a mini heart attack because I also was not aware of any MMI for the boston track hahaha

Had a mini heart attack because I also was not aware of any MMI for the boston track hahaha
honestly MMI are not as bad as casper and SJT, it's more like a discussion on one topic that is kind of relevant to you.

do interviews go out in batches here or rolling?

Just a run-down on how Tufts (Boston track) interview days go:
-Super long information session in the morning/early noon
-2 interviews (30-45 minutes each, either student & faculty or 2x faculty) at 1pm EST and 3pm OR 2pm and 4pm

Interviews are your standard traditional interview with a bunch of questions and/or is kind of conversational

Just some logistics:
-Today's interview was the 4th one of the cycle (probably goes twice a week)
-There were about 2 dozen of us
-We're expected to hear back the week of October 17
-Same as in previous cycles, the committee meets once a month to make decisions, so October interviews will likely hear back in November.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Just a run-down on how Tufts interview days go:
-Super long information session in the morning/early noon
-2 interviews (30-45 minutes each, either student & faculty or 2x faculty) at 1pm EST and 3pm OR 2pm and 4pm

Interviews are your standard traditional interview with a bunch of questions and/or is kind of conversational

Just some logistics:
-Today's interview was the 4th one of the cycle (probably goes twice a week)
-There were about 2 dozen of us
-We're expected to hear back the week of October 17
-Same as in previous cycles, the committee meets once a month to make decisions, so October interviews will likely hear back in November.
Thanks for sharing the information

Is there actually a correlation b/w IA email and II? I got pre-II R last cycle and didn't receive an IA e-mail, but I received one this year

II OOS for Boston track. Submitted Mid-July, LM 77

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
II OOS for Boston. Submitted mid-July, LM 65!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
also just wanted to add that first date available was in december since i saw some people ask

• Sad
To those that have interviewed, what was the best way to send thank you notes? Thanks in advance!

II 10/3 complete 7/19, also received IA email on 9/7 I’m OOS, but I grew up in MA.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Why isnt ther any inteviews available ?
are they all booked or something !!!!??

To those that have interviewed, what was the best way to send thank you notes? Thanks in advance!

The admission team told us to either upload the thank you note on your application portal or forward it to them. They said they prefer the thank you note to be updated on the portal though.

The admission team told us to either upload the thank you note on your application portal or forward it to them. They said they prefer the thank you note to be updated on the portal though.
Interesting, for the Maine Track they told us not to do notes. Guess it is a different committee so different preferences.

II for Maine Track received! LM 69.9, OOS, no real Maine connections, really questioned the quality of my secondary post-submission, but VERY excited about this track!

Scheduled for December 16, one of two dates available that month, and the earliest I saw.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users