2022-2023 Tulane

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got put on hold this morning. I saw the above comments about a hold being a soft R… is this true? LizzyM 70 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I'm trying to figure out the status of my application. On the status page it says my application is ready and I got an email saying my application is complete but I see lots of people saying stuff about receiving a notification that their app was now under review. Should I expect to receive a separate email saying my application is now under review? Seems pretty different to the other apps, I've submitted where usually the complete email also says the app is now either in the queue or under review. Can someone please confirm? Thanks
 
Hello,
I'm trying to figure out the status of my application. On the status page it says my application is ready and I got an email saying my application is complete but I see lots of people saying stuff about receiving a notification that their app was now under review. Should I expect to receive a separate email saying my application is now under review? Seems pretty different to the other apps, I've submitted where usually the complete email also says the app is now either in the queue or under review. Can someone please confirm? Thanks
Yes you get another email saying your application is under review. You can also see it under the communication tab.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone provide some guidance on how they differentiated questions 1 and 2?

I have a good idea of how I want to answer question 2... my background and experiences and health interests align well with the culinary medicine program/curriculum they offer, so I was going to talk about that and how that can help alleviate disparities/barriers to health of New Orleans, but...

For question 1, I'm having trouble trying to say why I'm interested in Tulane other than like mentioning one research mentor I'd be interested in working with due to my past research and the interests I will outline in #2... My ideas for #2 also answer #1... but I obviously can't say the same thing for both.
 
Can someone provide some guidance on how they differentiated questions 1 and 2?

I have a good idea of how I want to answer question 2... my background and experiences and health interests align well with the culinary medicine program/curriculum they offer, so I was going to talk about that and how that can help alleviate disparities/barriers to health of New Orleans, but...

For question 1, I'm having trouble trying to say why I'm interested in Tulane other than like mentioning one research mentor I'd be interested in working with due to my past research and the interests I will outline in #2... My ideas for #2 also answer #1... but I obviously can't say the same thing for both.
For one they state their mission and then are asking how you fit that specifically. For two, seems like you have a good answer, so a sentence or two about the disparities you want to address in New Orleans, and how you could specifically do that with X mentor
 
Can someone provide some guidance on how they differentiated questions 1 and 2?

I have a good idea of how I want to answer question 2... my background and experiences and health interests align well with the culinary medicine program/curriculum they offer, so I was going to talk about that and how that can help alleviate disparities/barriers to health of New Orleans, but...

For question 1, I'm having trouble trying to say why I'm interested in Tulane other than like mentioning one research mentor I'd be interested in working with due to my past research and the interests I will outline in #2... My ideas for #2 also answer #1... but I obviously can't say the same thing for both.
I remember talking about their community outreach programs for one of them. They have several free and student run clinics clinics. That might be a good place to start
 
Can someone provide some guidance on how they differentiated questions 1 and 2?

I have a good idea of how I want to answer question 2... my background and experiences and health interests align well with the culinary medicine program/curriculum they offer, so I was going to talk about that and how that can help alleviate disparities/barriers to health of New Orleans, but...

For question 1, I'm having trouble trying to say why I'm interested in Tulane other than like mentioning one research mentor I'd be interested in working with due to my past research and the interests I will outline in #2... My ideas for #2 also answer #1... but I obviously can't say the same thing for both.
Your answer for #2 is great. As for #1, feel free to add multiple things you like, their student run clinic, their mph with the school of public health and tropical diseases, whatever research that you're interested in, their diverse population, culinary medicine, etc.

On another note, I just found another mistake when I went to look at my secondary application to answer this question 😬.