Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Under review 8/7, hold for interview. Are holds at Tulane usually a soft R?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1Under review 8/7, hold for interview. Are holds at Tulane usually a soft R?
Do you have a state school that might look at later applications? I know that many DO programs have later interview dates where you wouldn't be too late. Just a couple of ideas and I hope you hear good news back.Any other ed people not have a backup plan? Submitting primary to other schools if it doesn't work out in the first week of October doesn't seem worth the application fees if its that late in the cycle
Probably not because Texas is super early, I think the post-interview ED acceptance rate is around 50% but that's the risk of being locked until October lol good luck everyone
I was told to email it to the admissions email they gave during the interview and I just mentioned all the people I interacted with so they could forward it to them. They don't have an explicit option to upload a thank you letter like other schools (only explicit option is CV/Resume) so I didn't upload it to the portalI submitted thank you letters for my faculty and student interviewer. Would submitting a letter for my standardized patient also be ideal, or is what I’ve done enough?
Thanks for any advice!
been under review since 7/20 and nothing!Under review 7/30, no updates since then. Anyone else in the same boat? /when should I start to worry haha
Ugh I’m sorry 🙁 when were you complete/under review if you don’t mind me asking?Pre-II R just now :/ blah this cycle sucks
Couldnt give you the exact date but I submitted my app on the first day/ verified during the first week. Completed the secondary early July I believe. Email they sent said they got 17k applicants this year so I'm not too bummed over it. I should probably state LM: 73 WARS: 77 OOS applicantUgh I’m sorry 🙁 when were you complete/under review if you don’t mind me asking?
These dang low yield schools 😅 it’s still early in the cycle though! I’m sure you’ll have great success elsewhere!Couldnt give you the exact date but I submitted my app on the first day/ verified during the first week. Completed the secondary early July I believe. Email they sent said they got 17k applicants this year so I'm not too bummed over it. I should probably state LM: 73 WARS: 77 OOS applicant
I submitted on 7/31 and was recently put under review on 9/11. I would wait, as I am sure they will get to your application soon!Submitted 8/19 and still not under review. Should I email?
I submitted on 7/31 and was recently put under review on 9/11. I would wait, as I am sure they will get to your application soon!
complete 8/5 and still not under reviewThank you. I saw someone got the under review email even tho they submitted 8/24. It’s making me panic
complete 8/5 and still not under review
Would you mind sharing your stats
Ditto for 8/5+1 complete 8/7
complete 8/9 and under review 9/3. relax i’m sure they will get to your app soonSubmitted 8/19 and still not under review. Should I email?
wow, for only like 40 ed iis there must have been an insane number of Ed appsI do not believe post interview ED acceptance is 50%. That may be for RD. I’ve been told that the majority of ED applicants that get an interview will be offered acceptance barring severe interview issues. There is no official data for ED acceptance post-interview.
wow, for only like 40 ed iis there must have been an insane number of Ed apps
Why is that?wow, for only like 40 ed iis there must have been an insane number of Ed apps
If they had 25 ED spots and 30-40 applicants that’s a very high acceptance rate. Not shocking more people would try to apply as word spread.
Wow congrats! Looks like IIs are running out if they are already scheduling into January... Mind sharing stats?II RECIEVED!!!!!!!
First available date was early January
Thank you! 🙂 Sure! ~3.2 and 509, but my post bacc and master’s are both ~3.8. 3000+ community service and clinical hours.Wow congrats! Looks like IIs are running out if they are already scheduling into January... Mind sharing stats?
We submitted almost a month apart but are under review the same day? I wonder what the process is the behind the scenes.Under review today 9/14, complete 7/29
I wish I knew. Definitely instills panic for me LOLWe submitted almost a month apart but are under review the same day? I wonder what the process is the behind the scenes.
I would think that decisions might have already been made or if they haven't nobody would know until Oct 1 anyway, I don't think med schools can offer an admission before Oct 1 in general. Based of the shemassien site, but don't quote me too hard on that.@ fellow ED applicants,
Has anyone gotten an update on when we might receive acceptance decisions? On interview day they said 3-6 weeks with 6 weeks would be approx Oct.1, the deadline they have to tell us by. It looks like previous years' ED applicants heard back on Oct.1.
Obviously we will be waiting however long they make us, but I wanted to know if anyone has updated info.
Thanks!
ED can hear back anytime before October 1st, which is the deadline for them to get a decision. LSU, for example, has already admitted some ED applicants.
As per the AAMC traffic guidelines.
AAMC’s Traffic Rules are worth a read as an applicant. That said, they are recommendations so technically schools don’t have to follow them (though it seems they all do). I’m not sure why Tulane waits for the last day to notify ED applicants of their decision, but that seems pretty common.I actually didn’t know this. In old posts on here, it seemed to me that Tulane doesn’t notify until October 1. Interesting.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.