2022-2023 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
rejected early, completed mid july

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Under review 8/7, hold for interview. Are holds at Tulane usually a soft R?

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete on 7/31, finally went under review yesterday, on 9/11.

Any other ed people not have a backup plan? Submitting primary to other schools if it doesn't work out in the first week of October doesn't seem worth the application fees if its that late in the cycle

Any other ed people not have a backup plan? Submitting primary to other schools if it doesn't work out in the first week of October doesn't seem worth the application fees if its that late in the cycle
Do you have a state school that might look at later applications? I know that many DO programs have later interview dates where you wouldn't be too late. Just a couple of ideas and I hope you hear good news back.

Probably not because Texas is super early, I think the post-interview ED acceptance rate is around 50% but that's the risk of being locked until October lol good luck everyone

Probably not because Texas is super early, I think the post-interview ED acceptance rate is around 50% but that's the risk of being locked until October lol good luck everyone

I do not believe post interview ED acceptance is 50%. That may be for RD. I’ve been told that the majority of ED applicants that get an interview will be offered acceptance barring severe interview issues. There is no official data for ED acceptance post-interview.

True, who knows since it isnt published. The past numbers I heard was around 20-25 slots for 40 apps but I guess we'll see in a couple weeks lol

That's what I remember Mike Woodson saying (20-25) for the EY2020 cycle, but that was before they started limiting ED interviews.

I submitted thank you letters for my faculty and student interviewer. Would submitting a letter for my standardized patient also be ideal, or is what I’ve done enough?

Thanks for any advice!

Under review 7/30, no updates since then. Anyone else in the same boat? /when should I start to worry haha

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted thank you letters for my faculty and student interviewer. Would submitting a letter for my standardized patient also be ideal, or is what I’ve done enough?

Thanks for any advice!
I was told to email it to the admissions email they gave during the interview and I just mentioned all the people I interacted with so they could forward it to them. They don't have an explicit option to upload a thank you letter like other schools (only explicit option is CV/Resume) so I didn't upload it to the portal

Pre-II R just now :/ blah this cycle sucks

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Ugh I’m sorry :( when were you complete/under review if you don’t mind me asking?
Couldnt give you the exact date but I submitted my app on the first day/ verified during the first week. Completed the secondary early July I believe. Email they sent said they got 17k applicants this year so I'm not too bummed over it. I should probably state LM: 73 WARS: 77 OOS applicant

Last edited:
  • Wow
Couldnt give you the exact date but I submitted my app on the first day/ verified during the first week. Completed the secondary early July I believe. Email they sent said they got 17k applicants this year so I'm not too bummed over it. I should probably state LM: 73 WARS: 77 OOS applicant
These dang low yield schools 😅 it’s still early in the cycle though! I’m sure you’ll have great success elsewhere!

Complete 7/8, Under review 8/1, Pre-II rejection this morning :(

• Care
  • Sad
I submitted on 7/31 and was recently put under review on 9/11. I would wait, as I am sure they will get to your application soon!

Thank you. I saw someone got the under review email even tho they submitted 8/24. It’s making me panic

Complete 7/2 and have been under review since 7/13.

Complete 7/14, under review 7/26, just got the R at 8:35 EST. Best of luck everyone!

• Care
Just got put on hold for interview, under review 7/29

• Care
I do not believe post interview ED acceptance is 50%. That may be for RD. I’ve been told that the majority of ED applicants that get an interview will be offered acceptance barring severe interview issues. There is no official data for ED acceptance post-interview.
wow, for only like 40 ed iis there must have been an insane number of Ed apps

• Wow
If they had 25 ED spots and 30-40 applicants that’s a very high acceptance rate. Not shocking more people would try to apply as word spread.

If they had 25 ED spots and 30-40 applicants that’s a very high acceptance rate. Not shocking more people would try to apply as word spread.

Yea this is pretty much exactly what I was told. People heard about how their chances were better (on paper at least) if they applied ED, which made the ED applications skyrocket. But TUSoM still wants to limit ED acceptances to people who have a genuine connection or affiliation with the New Orleans area. Either way, I think they have tried to maintain a high acceptance rate post-interview for ED.

II RECIEVED!!!!!!!

First available date was early January

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
II RECIEVED!!!!!!!

First available date was early January
Wow congrats! Looks like IIs are running out if they are already scheduling into January... Mind sharing stats?

• Love
Wow congrats! Looks like IIs are running out if they are already scheduling into January... Mind sharing stats?
Thank you! :) Sure! ~3.2 and 509, but my post bacc and master’s are both ~3.8. 3000+ community service and clinical hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Complete 8/21, Under review today 9/14

I know I'm pretty late but better late than never I guess

@ fellow ED applicants,

Has anyone gotten an update on when we might receive acceptance decisions? On interview day they said 3-6 weeks with 6 weeks would be approx Oct.1, the deadline they have to tell us by. It looks like previous years' ED applicants heard back on Oct.1.

Obviously we will be waiting however long they make us, but I wanted to know if anyone has updated info.
Thanks!
I would think that decisions might have already been made or if they haven't nobody would know until Oct 1 anyway, I don't think med schools can offer an admission before Oct 1 in general. Based of the shemassien site, but don't quote me too hard on that.

ED can hear back anytime before October 1st, which is the deadline for them to get a decision. LSU, for example, has already admitted some ED applicants.

As per the AAMC traffic guidelines.