-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Tulane
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
BioNerd 2.0
Full Member
Put on hold this morning too, is this considered a soft R?
RollWave or Bust!
Full Member
I wonder how many hold for interviews they give out, I would think that's a cutoff thing vs just getting rejected
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
also put on hold this morning, i think i went under review 8/3? if its not that date its around there
laxgoalie3907
Full Member
Under review today, Complete 8/1
furryllama22
Full Member
pre-II R, was complete on 7/17/22. OOS
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
Oh my gosh I have been looking for these -- thank you for the share! I had heard that schools weren't allowed to give RD acceptance prior to Oct 15 (per "traffic rule" #3) but its a tad confusing since these rules are technically suggestions. Just over here IMPATIENTLY waiting to hear back...AAMC’s Traffic Rules are worth a read as an applicant. That said, they are recommendations so technically schools don’t have to follow them (though it seems they all do). I’m not sure why Tulane waits for the last day to notify ED applicants of their decision, but that seems pretty common.
under review today, complete 8/31
under review today, complete 8/31
If you don’t mind sharing, are you IS or OOS?
Complete 8/9 and still not under review 🙃under review today, complete 8/31
lobsterthermidor
Full Member
How long does it usually take to hear a decision after being placed under review?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nontradbear
New Member
Complete July 1; under review 7/26; still under review
For reference. Complete July 2nd. Under review 7/13. Haven't heard anything since.How long does it usually take to hear a decision after being placed under review?
Badabingmd
Full Member
Submitted 7/13, under review 8/12, hold today 9/19 8:30am. They emailed me the notification.
Are they still giving out any II this late or is almost everyone on hold or rejected?
Are they still giving out any II this late or is almost everyone on hold or rejected?
I got an II on Wednesday for early January, so I suspect they are still giving them out since they interview through March.Submitted 7/13, under review 8/12, hold today 9/19 8:30am. They emailed me the notification.
Are they still giving out any II this late or is almost everyone on hold or rejected?
Complete 8/7 still not under review😕
asksa
Full Member
II just now (Canadian). Submitted on August 5 and never received an under review email.
What’s your stats if you don’t mind sharing?
II with no under review email ? Lord these schools want to keep us on our toes with their inconsistency 😵II just now (Canadian). Submitted on August 5 and never received an under review email.
when did u submit app?II with no under review email ? Lord these schools want to keep us on our toes with their inconsistency 😵
oh my im sorry I didn't mean that I received an II, I was just expressing my surprise at @socolas receiving an II without an under review email 😵when did u submit app?
I'm eagerly awaiting for you to receive a II. I checked Tulane (even though I didn't apply here) to check if you got a II!oh my im sorry I didn't mean that I received an II, I was just expressing my surprise at @socolas receiving an II without an under review email 😵
when I asked the admissions team, they said your application can be "under review" without formal notifications on the portal or email. I think it's just the volume of applications they receive: some get notified and some don't.II with no under review email ? Lord these schools want to keep us on our toes with their inconsistency 😵
An actual picture of me reading this 😭😭😭 I appreciate and love you so much 🤧I'm eagerly awaiting for you to receive a II. I checked Tulane (even though I didn't apply here) to check if you got a II!
OOSIf you don’t mind sharing, are you IS or OOS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Put on hold this morning. In review 8/15
Got me curious so I dug a bit. Looks like in past years with this (most recently 2017-2018), they were notified after the weekend.To all the ED applicants, do y’all think that we will be notified on Friday (the 30th) or Saturday (October 1st)? I’m not sure if they’d email on the weekend? I wonder what they’ve done in the past when October 1st falls on a weekend.
Got me curious so I dug a bit. Looks like in past years with this (most recently 2017-2018), they were notified after the weekend.
Yea I noticed that too. I hope they don’t do that to us so we can (potentially) celebrate over the weekend!
RollWave or Bust!
Full Member
I'd really hope it would be that Friday, rather limit an additional weekend of mini-strokes at every outlook notification but we all signed up for this ED life right?! Glass half full I've re-learned bayesian probability on every way to divide 20-25 by 40, didn't help at all lol
Coffeefueled
Full Member
II invite 9/20. First available day was out in end of January.
Congrats and good luck!! When did you both go under review?II invite too! I got a mid-January date
asksa
Full Member
Congrats and good luck!! When did you both go under review?
8/3 for me!
caffinated
Full Member
II today, complete 8/13, under review 8/29!
Holy smokes. II just now. App complete 8/10, under review 8/29, II 9/20. OOS, 3.9, 510, non-trad ORM. Scheduled for the closest available date early Feb
That’s kind of ridiculous. Their website says they only interview until the end of February/early March, which means they are virtually out of interview days already. I was complete end of July, but now even the quality of my application may not matter….
II like 2 hours ago OOS non-trad ORM, reapp LM 67 the closest available interview was March 1st 2023. There were still dates open for the second week of march as well.
5 people reported getting an II today. Granted not everyone is reporting on SDN but the fact that out of 5 people some were able to get late Jan, but the others only got early March available is insane. How many interview spots do they actually have??That’s kind of ridiculous. Their website says they only interview until the end of February/early March, which means they are virtually out of interview days already. I was complete end of July, but now even the quality of my application may not matter….
5 people reported getting an II today. Granted not everyone is reporting on SDN but the fact that out of 5 people some were able to get late Jan, but the others only got early March available is insane. How many interview spots do they actually have??
Obviously not enough. It’s really not fair how a “Tulane likes early applicants” somehow turns into “they can’t even give you a spot with even the perfect app if you apply out of the first month secondaries are open (july)…. “
Edit: I apologize for my pessimism. It’s just frustrating.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was under review from 7/13!Congrats and good luck!! When did you both go under review?
II, submitted 7/20, earliest date was beginning of jan
Submitted 7/28 and still not under review. Anyone else?
Their website says they have ~600 interview spots and according to MSAR they interviewed 653 applicants last year, which is very few considering the number of applicants they have (last year it was 17,225 applicants).5 people reported getting an II today. Granted not everyone is reporting on SDN but the fact that out of 5 people some were able to get late Jan, but the others only got early March available is insane. How many interview spots do they actually have??
For comparison, here are the number of interviews given last year from schools with similar numbers of applicants.
Georgetown: 17,882 applicants/1158 interviews
George Washington: 16,826 applicants/1082 interviews
Drexel: 16,682 applicants/1834 interviews! 😮
This could be part of why the interview spots are going so fast…
Last edited:
Their website says they have ~600 interview spots and according to MSAR they interviewed 653 applicants last year, which is very few considering the number of applicants they have (last year it was 17,225 applicants).
For comparison, here are the number of interviews given last year from schools with similar numbers of applicants.
Georgetown: 17,882 applicants/1158 interviews
George Washington: 16,826 applicants/1082 interviews
Drexel: 16,682 applicants/1834 interviews! [emoji50]
This could be part of why the interview spots are going so fast…
Geez those numbers make getting an interview seem completely unattainable. Insane!